IF Staying at Park Vue Inn (PVI) You May Want To Read This

blackjackdelta

<font color=darkorchid>Uncle had an "in" with Walt
My young adult children just finished a miserable stay at PVI that they were sharing with the DW but not I. I went against a good friends advice. May be I will learn the next time. First two nights no stated problems, next 4 days no maid service, when they went to get linens they were out until 2200 and woke two of them up. Complained and they were sorry.....OMG. Youngest was geeting bit on her feet and legs but wife said nothing to me, today was a different story..Alex awoke with what you see below...crawling on her with a bunch of its friends along with their tiny pals...sleep or stay at your own risk.

IMG1381-L.jpg

Both bedbugs andcockroaches, management could care less, but trust me they will when I get done with them.

Jack

*gag* Sorry that they had such a crappy stay! Let us know how the management responds - I always like hearing how management deals with problems in hotels as I think it shows a lot.

OMG Jack...I had no idea that your family was going to stay there else I too would have told you not too...there is one report on bedbug registry for them dated back to 2010 but once is enough for me ...im sorry that happened...wish you luck on your endeavor with the hotel!

This makes me wonder about tripadvisor, when PVI is #3 in Anaheim. What has kept me away is that when the reveiws are bad, they are horrid for this particular motel, there is no inbetween in the reviews. Do they pay some company or staff to keep up their score? It 's not like they are the cheapest on the block, where you can imagine reviews are swayed by the bargain.

I'm sorry your kids had such a horrible experince.:sad2:

We have a room reserved there and now I'm worried. I'm think maybe we'll change to Desert Inn. I can get a room there.

Hopefully Jack you can get some compensation for this ,totally unacceptable!!!Talk about a huge downer for your holiday.
Good luck!!!

Jack,

That is horrible and unexceptable! I hope you get a refund, and I hope the kids do not have too many bites.

This MOTEL is not cheap, it's got one thing...
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION, going for it. :confused3

I'm so sorry,

Lori

Hopefully Jack you can get some compensation for this ,totally unacceptable!!!Talk about a huge downer for your holiday.
Good luck!!!

I will not let this ruin my holiday or take away the magic, but if you knew what I do in a previous life, I am going to make a strong attemp at shutting them down, we will see what the health department can do to start. And a complaint to the BBB, and the CC company, just for starters.

Just beware, oh by the way, TA is known to remove bad reviews, I think you may find that searchable.

Jack

I totally just dry heaved. Mazel! Switch to Desert Inn!!!

I'm so sorry for your family. How ridiculous that they didn't care. MAKE THEM CARE!!!

Just beware, oh by the way, TA is known to remove bad reviews, I think you may find that searchable.

Jack

I'll back this up. I posted a review about the most disgusting 'hotel' I'd ever been in...and they didn't post it. People deserved to know but I guess they feel otherwise.

Thanks for the warning Jack. Every once in a while a good review for that place comes up on these boards, and I think about it a little bit. I even went so far as to book a room there a couple years ago but got cold feet and cancelled. There have always been just enough really bad reports to make me hesitate. Our family tends to stick with the tried and true even if they're not the absolutely cheapest or very closest option. I'm really sorry this happened to your kids and affected what should have been a fun, worry-free family vacation.

Oh, man..........We stayed there last September and it was fabulous. Have ressies there in 3 weeks. Close location is critical to us. Now what do we do? Guess I'll look on my hotel map and start searched for other options.

Their location is amazing though. If you don't like cockroaches, don't come to Australia lol

Bed bugs though, that's a different story.

Okay, I need to work quickly, cuz we're going in 3 weeks. I can get a BETTER rate that our current PVI ressies at both Tropicana and Desert Inn. Tropicana is a better rate, plus it's got an outdoor pool. I'm not concerned about the breakfast offerings, cuz we plan to eat in the park. I want a super close location that is (hopefully) bug free. Which should I pick?????

Oh, man..........We stayed there last September and it was fabulous. Have ressies there in 3 weeks. Close location is critical to us. Now what do we do? Guess I'll look on my hotel map and start searched for other options.
The location is great, no complaints, but bugs is a bit much.

Jack

How about the Candy Cane? I have it booked. I do not reocommend the Tropicana... very basic, old school motel room.

Lori

Their location is amazing though. If you don't like cockroaches, don't come to Australia lol

Bed bugs though, that's a different story.

O love OZ and I can remember the leeches and all sorts of bugs in Cambodia and Laos, had no choice there, but I do here! Do not remember to paying for the privledge though.

Jack

I reported here on a problem I had with PVI last summer - a major billing issue that management refused to even discuss with me. They would not return emails or phone calls to even explain why I was billed extra.

I've read a lot about the hotel on TripAdvisor, and here on the DISboards. It seems to me that people who have no issues are the ones who report having good stays. However, if something goes wrong, it goes really wrong. Whether it's bugs, over-billing, or poor housekeeping, management's true colors come through. They will absolutely refuse to admit that anything needs to be corrected. After you check-out, they will refuse to speak with you ever again.

We stayed there in 2007, found a huge roach in our room, and vowed not to stay there again. Last year, after reading about their rennovations and other changes (gift baskets, upgraded breakfast, etc.), we decided to give them another try. Bad move. The staff was friendly enough during our stay. As soon as I brought up an issue, they completely shut down. They wouldn't discuss it with me, and became downright rude when they insisted it was all my fault.

Jack - I really hope you can get some resolution to your issue. Please keep us updated. You definitely have my support!!!!

That is so terrible that happen to them, I could not imagine going through that kind of experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter