IF Staying at Park Vue Inn (PVI) You May Want To Read This

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I am doing well...We are headed back at the end of Feb for our 30th wedding anniversary, a quick weekend trip since I can not get away from work for any longer..back to the Grand for a few days with my lovely bride.

Jack

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I am doing well...We are headed back at the end of Feb for our 30th wedding anniversary, a quick weekend trip since I can not get away from work for any longer..back to the Grand for a few days with my lovely bride.

Jack

Glad to hear you are doing well and getting an extra Disney trip. Usually you only make it once a year, right? A 30th anniversary is worth doing something a little extra for though. Congratulations and have a good trip!

Jack, I'm glad you are on the mend. Hope your anniversary trip is wonderful!!!

Glad to hear you are doing well and getting an extra Disney trip. Usually you only make it once a year, right? A 30th anniversary is worth doing something a little extra for though. Congratulations and have a good trip!

Yes, we usually go once a year in August but this year we have to make do with the Feb trip unless things change around here. I will miss the heat and not sure how I will like it with heavier clothes, but its DISNEYLAND.

Jack

Okay, I need to work quickly, cuz we're going in 3 weeks. I can get a BETTER rate that our current PVI ressies at both Tropicana and Desert Inn. Tropicana is a better rate, plus it's got an outdoor pool. I'm not concerned about the breakfast offerings, cuz we plan to eat in the park. I want a super close location that is (hopefully) bug free. Which should I pick?????

I would go w/ the tropicana and the outdoor pool if you are going when it is warmer. We stayed at Dessert inn this summer and had no problems. Management pleasant and helpful. I have read on here they take complaints seriously. I was looking at prices for March and Tropicana might have been a tad better price than DI but I like that I can get a door separating two spaces, more of a suite style, at DI.

Sorry for late reply, had a major heart attack and then open heart surgery(5) vessel and then lost sight of the post..finally found it.

Jack
I had wonder when I came back on the boards about a week ago to plan our next vacation where you were!!! I am so sorry to hear that this all happened to you but very glad that you are doing better! That's some serious stuff there and a person doesn't just "pop" back from either! So if your headed back to DL then you must be on the right track! That's awesome to hear! I always value the advice you have given on the boards!:thumbsup2

Jack
Thirty years is special! That's beautiful! :cheer2:

I find it interesting that on that bed bug reporting site PVI says 'no reports of bed bugs in the past 12 months'....things that make ya go hmmmmmmm.... Jack I hope you get some kind of answer and/or restitution from this problem...the whole thing just makes me sick...

Of course it isn't recorded, because "the staff did not report/record" the incidents just like they didn't in Jack's case! If you don't record it, it didn't happen! How convenient! Sounds like the staff/management are very shady and trying to get around problems being reported.

We stayed there a few years ago not knowing anything about the hotel (my parents booked it.) The hotel staff was very stand-offish and the rooms were very dusty and dirty. There were bugs, but not too bad. I also thought the rooms were dingy. I never wanted to go back there after that experience and after reading about the bed bugs and roaches will DEFINITELY never go back!

I kinda wish I had a reservation there just so I could call and cancel it!!!

Reading this makes me glad I changed my booking too. When we first started researching for our trip last April I came across PVI and thought WOW it's so close and the reviews were great, then I read a few negative reviews and stories and thought I did not want to worry about if my stay there was going to be ok, I am paying all this money to travel to the other side of world!! So I have booked Paradise Pier Hotel instead, even con lev with view, yes a bit of a step up but I may only be there once!!
Jack, glad to hear you are on the mend and enjoy your trip in Feb, we will be there in March celebrating our 10 th wedding anniversary :yay:

Of course it isn't recorded, because "the staff did not report/record" the incidents just like they didn't in Jack's case! If you don't record it, it didn't happen! How convenient! Sounds like the staff/management are very shady and trying to get around problems being reported.

We stayed there a few years ago not knowing anything about the hotel (my parents booked it.) The hotel staff was very stand-offish and the rooms were very dusty and dirty. There were bugs, but not too bad. I also thought the rooms were dingy. I never wanted to go back there after that experience and after reading about the bed bugs and roaches will DEFINITELY never go back!

I kinda wish I had a reservation there just so I could call and cancel it!!!
I'm sorry, but in a hotel/motel situation I just don't think there is any such thing as "bugs, but not too bad." Bugs are bugs and it has to be handled. They happen, but response is everything!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary, Jack. Will we be treated to any of your wonderful photos during your Feb. trip?

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary, Jack. Will we be treated to any of your wonderful photos during your Feb. trip?

Most of August pics were taken with my iPhone 4s, so I imagine it will be difficult not to take photo's and thanks neighbor.

Jack

Wow, bed bugs sound small in comparison to your heart problems. Glad you survived Jack, hope to see you back on here regularly. Congrat's on the Anniversary! :tink:

Sorry for late reply, had a major heart attack and then open heart surgery(5) vessel and then lost sight of the post..finally found it.

Jack

:cheer2::cheer2:
Glad you're on the mend. Hope you don't have to deal with anything like that again!

Jack

:thumbsup2
Congrats on 30! Hope it's a wonderful vacation and that you'll find something to like in the off season to make up for missing August!

We had a great experience a couple years ago at PVI, but I do seem to remember meeting an uninvited roommate on the kitchen wall at around 2am. He had 4 more legs than me and a couple antennae :rolleyes1.

Congrats on 30! Goes by in the blink of an eye. Hope the Grand treats you well and you to get some wonderful Disney time together. Any special dinners planned?

My young adult children just finished a miserable stay at PVI that they were sharing with the DW but not I. I went against a good friends advice. May be I will learn the next time. First two nights no stated problems, next 4 days no maid service, when they went to get linens they were out until 2200 and woke two of them up. Complained and they were sorry.....OMG. Youngest was geeting bit on her feet and legs but wife said nothing to me, today was a different story..Alex awoke with what you see below...crawling on her with a bunch of its friends along with their tiny pals...sleep or stay at your own risk.

IMG1381-L.jpg

Both bedbugs andcockroaches, management could care less, but trust me they will when I get done with them.

Jack
We used to own a motel in Australia and we were told by a guest about a couple of bugs he saw which turned out to be bedbugs. Straight after being told we threw out the mattress and got an exterminator to do a complete spray I can understand that these things happen but I think it all comes down to how management handle the situation and how you were treated Jack is unacceptable. I wonder how the other rooms are?

Congrats on 30! Goes by in the blink of an eye. Hope the Grand treats you well and you to get some wonderful Disney time together. Any special dinners planned?

Mike, I have Club 33 booked thanks to a friend and nothing else yet. Leslie is trying to decided what else she would like to do, it will be a blast...getting back in shape. Thanks for asking.

Jack

Congrats on club 33 Jack. What a wonderful dinner you two will have. Can't wait to see your new batch of photos as well. Don't take too many though and miss your special anniversary time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter