IF Staying at Park Vue Inn (PVI) You May Want To Read This

Thank you for this post and those who have also posted in support here.

I have just emailed to cancel my 4 night stay in December.

I panicked when I read this thread a few days ago, as I was checking in to the PVI yesterday for the 1/2 marathon this weekend and there wasn't enough time to find a new hotel room at a decent rate. I decided we'd test our luck and if there was a problem, demand they give us a different room or we'd call the health inspector immediately.
I'm happy to say that our room (which is one of the 1-br suites with 3 queen beds) has NO sign of bugs, was very clean, and has so far been great.
I was more concerned that if we had a problem, we'd receive poor customer service, but yesterday when we came back to the room there was water leaking on the floor by the refrigerator, and maintenance came to the room immediately to fix the issue. (Housekeeping had turned down the temperature to a 1 so it was defrosting, and there was a loose gasket). They also told us if the fix didn't solve the problem, the maintenance guy was on until 11 PM and would come back and replace the fridge if necessary.

We haven't had housekeeping service yet since we've only been here 1 day, but our room was made up great with plenty of towels and the pack and play we requested already set up in the room when we got here.

None of this is to condone the response of the hotel to the OP - bad and unresponsive customer service is NEVER acceptable, and bugs in the room completely freak me out. :crazy2: I just wanted to try and calm some fears if there's anyone else like me that is in a siguation where they may not be able to change their room.

(Also, as a WDW vet that's never been to disneyland - can I just say how much I love this walk? Obviously theres other hotels right next to Park Vue I could stay at as well that would have this same advantage, so this isn't specifically a Park Vue thing. But OMG, we're paying less than we would for a moderate hotel at WDW for a 1 BR suite and the walk is shorter than the walk from the Beach Club into EPCOT - I love it!)

(Also, as a WDW vet that's never been to disneyland - can I just say how much I love this walk? Obviously theres other hotels right next to Park Vue I could stay at as well that would have this same advantage, so this isn't specifically a Park Vue thing. But OMG, we're paying less than we would for a moderate hotel at WDW for a 1 BR suite and the walk is shorter than the walk from the Beach Club into EPCOT - I love it!)
Yep, one of the big advantages DLR has over WDW are the walking distance hotels. Many WDW vets don't get it and decide to stay 1 or 2 miles away. Have a great trip

Of course I JUST found this thread and we are checking in the Park Vue TONIGHT. ARGH!

Wish me luck.

We are getting ready to leave AZ and won't even be there until around midnight, and I've already given DH the heads up to fully inspect the rooms and beds BEFORE I wake sleeping children from the van. LOL

It's too late to cancel without them charging my CC, so I guess we will hope for the best.

Of course I JUST found this thread and we are checking in the Park Vue TONIGHT. ARGH!

Wish me luck.

We are getting ready to leave AZ and won't even be there until around midnight, and I've already given DH the heads up to fully inspect the rooms and beds BEFORE I wake sleeping children from the van. LOL

It's too late to cancel without them charging my CC, so I guess we will hope for the best.
Let us know how it went!

Jack, any updates? I'm very interested in how they're following through on your situation. Seems like Park Vue is great as long as there are no problems, but as soon as someone has a complaint, they haven't handled matters well...

Also thought this was a good point and worth doing:

BlackJack, have you thought of contacting Disney? It appears that PVI still has the "good neighbor" icon on their website. But when I go over to the goodneighbor hotel list on the Disney website, they are not listed. If they are portraying themselves as a good neighbor when they are not Disney should know. If they still are a good neighbor, then Disney should know how awful they are.

That is SO disgusting.
You're a better person than I, because that would have definitely ruined my magic! I'm just shivering thinking about it. Bites on my kid---I would have lost my SH(T.

How are they still open? How are they still a Good Neighbor Hotel?
I know many hotels deal with bedbugs, but to treat guests that way, unacceptable.

I hope they lose tons of business.

That is SO disgusting.
You're a better person than I, because that would have definitely ruined my magic! I'm just shivering thinking about it. Bites on my kid---I would have lost my SH(T.

How are they still open? How are they still a Good Neighbor Hotel?
I know many hotels deal with bedbugs, but to treat guests that way, unacceptable.

I hope they lose tons of business.

They're actually NOT a good neighbor hotel anymore. They just keep the logo up on their site, but you'll notice they aren't listed as a good neighbor hotel if someone follows through that image link from their site.

They're actually NOT a good neighbor hotel anymore. They just keep the logo up on their site, but you'll notice they aren't listed as a good neighbor hotel if someone follows through that image link from their site.

So they had the status at one point and then it was removed? I wonder what caused that to happen?

We recently cancelled our reservation there in favor of the hojo.

I've never posted a review on TripAdvisor but I know Expedia will decline even a lukewarm review. I posted a solid "C" review for the Hilton at DL last March, it was very fair and presented pros and cons. I got an auto-email from Expedia saying it violated their rules. I double-checked, it violated no rules. No reply from them when I objected.

I know of authors who pay people in India to write glowing Amazon reviews for their books, by the thousands.

Disney needs to crack down on them. I wonder why they don't. We all know they are not shy about cracking down on people for using any Disney likeness to sell items. I'd think the lawyers would be on them like stink on a monkey already.

I had asked Disney travel a years back and they said there different levels to a "Good Neighbor Hotel" from selling tickets to being on the Disney website for hotel stays. Last time we stayed at Park Vue, i know they sold parkhoppers. Sounded like The hotels pay to be Good Neighbor Hotels.

We have stayed there several times and it has always been Great, with exceptional customer service. I'm a little worried to think what would happen if we did have a problem.

So they had the status at one point and then it was removed? I wonder what caused that to happen?

We recently cancelled our reservation there in favor of the hojo.
To be a Good Neighbor hotel, all they need to do is offer Disney rooms at a low rate, and keep them open for Disney to book. Booking a room based on it being a "Good Neighbor Hotel" isn't wise. ALways check out the hotels for yourself. Good Neighbor is NOT a rating.

I got a chill from this post:eek: I hate bugs!! I don't even enjoy the Bugs Life 4D :rotfl2: because I get so creeped out. I cancelled my Jan/Feb reservation at PVI, and switched to Best Western Plus. I have always stayed at the Carousel, and had no issues there. The hard wood floors probably help. I am hoping we have no issues at BW, as the rates are better than the Carousel.

Let us know how it went!

Jack, any updates? I'm very interested in how they're following through on your situation. Seems like Park Vue is great as long as there are no problems, but as soon as someone has a complaint, they haven't handled matters well...

Also thought this was a good point and worth doing:

Finally a reply..The so called manager called my kids liers. Ryan reported 3 problems and they were not recorded in their, not there didn't happen. They comped us nothing and the manager hung up on me. This is the kind of CS you get from them. I know places get bugs, but the follow up was TERRIBLE" I have stayed in better caves.
So you want to chance bugs and poor service stay there, if you like adventure....

Jack

Finally a reply..The so called manager called my kids liers. Ryan reported 3 problems and they were not recorded in their, not there didn't happen. They comped us nothing and the manager hung up on me. This is the kind of CS you get from them. I know places get bugs, but the follow up was TERRIBLE" I have stayed in better caves.
So you want to chance bugs and poor service stay there, if you like adventure....

Jack

Wow, Jack, a reply from management so late, and so full of disdain for you and your family. Pathetic. They have nooooo clue what sort of influence you have on the DISboards, and I for one would never ever stay there after hearing of your experience. Sorry that they treated you so horribly, it's a big bunch of crock to me, what horrible, terrible service (or lack thereof.)

Argh!!

On a good note - you have spared yourselves another stay there, as well as a LOT of DISboard members, etc. :thumbsup2

Wow, Jack, a reply from management so late, and so full of disdain for you and your family. Pathetic. They have nooooo clue what sort of influence you have on the DISboards, and I for one would never ever stay there after hearing of your experience. Sorry that they treated you so horribly, it's a big bunch of crock to me, what horrible, terrible service (or lack thereof.)

Argh!!

On a good note - you have spared yourselves another stay there, as well as a LOT of DISboard members, etc. :thumbsup2

Sorry for late reply, had a major heart attack and then open heart surgery(5) vessel and then lost sight of the post..finally found it.

Jack

Goodness, Jack, hope you are on the mend! I'm sorry to hear this matter was never resolved. Needlessly to say we will no longer stay at the Park Vue!

Sorry for late reply, had a major heart attack and then open heart surgery(5) vessel and then lost sight of the post..finally found it.

Jack

Wow, sorry to hear that! I hope you are recovering well. Thanks for posting your answer. I won't be staying there either- bugs can happen anywhere, but obviously good customer service does not. I won't stay anywhere that has a bad reputation for unfriendly service. Take care!

Jack
Following your experiences we cancelled our September/October stay there. I was never really comfortable with my booking, you pushed me over the edge, glad you did though. We did a split stay at sheraton park with family and then on our own to an upgraded pool view room at the disneyland hotel, which was sooooo awesome.
Hope you are back to 100% real soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter