IF Staying at Park Vue Inn (PVI) You May Want To Read This

While it may not do much, I'd highly recommend posting a negative review on Yelp. I looked at their page and while they are showing about 3.5-4 stars it's pretty obvious some of the positive reviews on there seem fake. And while you have to sort to find it, plenty of 1 star highly negative reviews including quite a few roach reviews. If your review can save one poor person from checking into what seems like a live action Joe's Apartment, it would be worth it.

I am hoping it was your call to the health Dept that got the Health dept to go to the motel. I would take what the motel says with a grain of salt. I sure hope you can call the health dept back to see if indeed the room along with any other rooms above and next to the one in question were also inspected.

Having the manager say the front desk did not log in the complaint gives me reason to wonder if there would have been an issue if the desk had taken a report of other guests if your girls would have even had an issue with pests.

I am wondering how if they indeed locked down the room before the health dept got there how could it be declared "clean" if the pest patrol had not been there yet? When the motel tries to tell me 2+2=3 I start to question any conversation I have with the motel.

My husband has always said I have a knack for knowing when something does not add up. The managers contact with your seems a bit to clean.

Again I do know this can happen any where at anytime-- it is the handleing of a serious report such as this that makes the whole issue a bad or pleaseant experience.

Just my .02 Maybe I should lower my .02 to .01.

As a follow up, I did speak to one of their managers who felt that since the staff had not logged a compalint about the roach bugs and maid service there was nothing they could do. They did lock down the room today and called in an insect abatement company and will do their investigation. I am sure that this does not happen to many people and they have had complaints in the past....the manager was very nice but no resolve. He did tell me the Health Department had been there and they were clean, I will be following up with the owners and BBB...which seems hard to locate.

Jack

Jack, I'm so so sorry that your thread got hi-jacked so badly :lmao:

I've stayed at PVI twice, and both times were great. What pity it seems to have taken such a turn! We didn't have any reason to complain, so didn't need to deal with their customer service, but I hope you get a resolution.

We have stayed there twice too, both times great. Have reservations for Thanksgiving, but thinking of doing a backup now.

We have stayed there twice too, both times great. Have reservations for Thanksgiving, but thinking of doing a backup now.

I am sure many people have had good stays, but their crappy, arrogant attitude that nothing happened is in line with other reports and denying that they have problems, sweep them under the rug and problems will go away. Everytime someone asks for an opinion on this place this thread will rise to give a different light on the subject.

Jack

Jack:
This is part of the reason we now stay at the DLH. The few times we have had problems arise(Nothing like you just had), the DLH staff took care of immediately(both problems were minor). The staff never questioned anything, both times it was "Yes Sir, we will send someone at once". That is hard to beat when it comes to customer service. Hope it goes well in oregon with your vehicle. All our best...:cool1:

Jack:
This is part of the reason we now stay at the DLH. The few times we have had problems arise(Nothing like you just had), the DLH staff took care of immediately(both problems were minor). The staff never questioned anything, both times it was "Yes Sir, we will send someone at once". That is hard to beat when it comes to customer service. Hope it goes well in oregon with your vehicle. All our best...:cool1:

They are so arrogant, no report on the bug abatement from yesterday, after the exit survey in the room why did they wait to close the room on Tuesday, all they want is your money for the snake oil they push.

We are still waiting on the resolve on the truck,, hope they can fix it so I can pick it up on the weekend.

Jack

I just wanted to echo the sentiment that while people definitely have nice stays at PVI, when something goes wrong you're totally on your own and their customer service is non-existent.

We booked there for our stay in July but decided to book elsewhere after finding out they had done away with the light dinner and welcome baskets.

When I booked, they charged my card almost $200 for a deposit. I cancelled within the time period where it would be fully refunded and called three weeks later to find out why the charge never went back to our account.

For THREE days I was told someone would call me to discuss this. No one did. I was finally left a voicemail claiming they had issued my refund and that my bank was probably wrong.

I called back and demanded to speak to a manager and threatened to get my bank and the BBB involved, along with sharing my experience online with anyone who would listen. After a short hold I spoke with a manager and was promised a call later in the day.

Lo and behold, they had never issued the refund. She left a message saying the refund would be "pushed through" and didn't even apologize. I was just clearing out my voicemails today came across her message from a couple of weeks ago and I found myself getting angry all over again.

I will never give them my business.

BlackJack, have you thought of contacting Disney? It appears that PVI still has the "good neighbor" icon on their website. But when I go over to the goodneighbor hotel list on the Disney website, they are not listed. If they are portraying themselves as a good neighbor when they are not Disney should know. If they still are a good neighbor, then Disney should know how awful they are.

Another PVI bed bug review (and picture) just posted on tripadvisor. This person also had a non-flushing toilet and no A/C. I'm so disappointed that I can't stay there any more, I used to love it:(.

Thanks for sharing your awful experience with everyone, so sorry to hear this happened to you! We had thought about trying this hotel on our trip next year, but definitely won't after this, and I'll also be sure to let others know to avoid it.

How about the Candy Cane? I have it booked. I do not reocommend the Tropicana... very basic, old school motel room.

Lori

We stay at the Candy Cane Inn every time we travel to Disneyland. We love it. Always clean, friendly staff and nice grounds. The rooms are on the small side, but there is free parking, free breakfast and a free shuttle to the park. It's also very walkable to DL. It tends to be a bit pricier than other area motels,but cheaper than staying on Disney property.

We have cancelled our October stay. I am waiting for the deposit refund before I let them know why.

We have booked into the CCI for the same price for our last two nights after our stay at GCH.

C

I cancelled too for January. I got the Desert Inn for over $200 less. Breakfast doesn't matter to us. I just wanted close and clean and nothing too expensive. We could stay at CCI but it comes out to over $200 a night. Darn conventions!

Just cancelled, too. When I said I wanted to cancel, the guy let out a huge sigh I get the feeling they've been getting a few cancellations. Hopefully they wise up and fix things. It's too bad, really. They have one of the best locations and such good potential. Oh well.

We also canceled ours for November today. Jack's thread was the last straw for me. I had been reading some shaky things about there customer/maid service lately and to me those things are just as bad as a place having bugs.

Jack:
Please let us know if you ever hear anything from the "snake oil peddlers". All our best...:cool1:

Very sorry to hear Jack. We were there the week after you. Diffrent hotel though.... Was hoping to shake your hand though our dates did not overlap... We did drive from seattle though... :-)

Best Wishes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter