IF Staying at Park Vue Inn (PVI) You May Want To Read This

BlackJack, have you thought of contacting Disney? It appears that PVI still has the "good neighbor" icon on their website. But when I go over to the goodneighbor hotel list on the Disney website, they are not listed. If they are portraying themselves as a good neighbor when they are not Disney should know. If they still are a good neighbor, then Disney should know how awful they are.
That's a really good point.

I willbe canceling our October reservation (8 nights!) tomorrow or Monday.

..silly, but it has always bothered me that they spell it Park VUE instead of Park VIEW.

I find it interesting that on that bed bug reporting site PVI says 'no reports of bed bugs in the past 12 months'....things that make ya go hmmmmmmm.... Jack I hope you get some kind of answer and/or restitution from this problem...the whole thing just makes me sick...

Jack, I found this today and just want to say that I'm sorry that you had to experience such bad customer service and on top of that...a car accident! :worried: Glad that everyone is safe, though.

My house that I'm living at with my friends here at school has just been recently infested with bed bugs, so I now I know how annoying they can be. Had to throw out my mattress the other day. :faint: And when I woke up this morning I found a HUGE cockroach that looks exactly like your pic in our shower!

For me, it's not really the bites that are the biggest deal. I get SO paranoid that little critters are crawling all over me during the night. Also anytime I have any kind of minor itch, I freak out that I have bugs all over me! :scared1:

We had an inspector come look at our place today, and we're thinking that in the next few days we'll get it tarped and gassed. I just need peace of mind that they'll be gone.

I'm glad you've followed up very proactively with this instead of just letting it go. That's how things get fixed! :thumbsup2

Jack, did you ever hear anything else from Park Vue management? I'm glad I made the decision to cancel and stay elsewhere if this is the kind of customer service you get.

I had almost booked PVI, but decided against it when they did away with all their perks and booked Desert Inn instead. (plus, my whole family can fit in one suite and DI vs. two at PVI) The next person to cancel their room at PVI really should mention this thread and the fact that it's had over 16,000 views! (I realize there are a lot of repeat viewers coming back to read the new posts, but that's still a LOT!) Hopefully sooner than later management will take notice and start acting on this!

..silly, but it has always bothered me that they spell it Park VUE instead of Park VIEW.

OMG … ME TOO. I live here in the OC and when we go to the Parks we drive by it all the time and I never got why they spelled it THAT way. :rolleyes:

Oh and if any of you play Scrabble - "VUE" - is NOT even an allowable word on the game. (I have tried it.) :upsidedow

GOOD MORNING, JACK! Hope you are doing well! :wave2:

Just got home, had a car accident, will go into the drive tomorrow. My daughter said she pulled the BBB rating today, its an "F".

You all have a good night.

Jack

Jack, I'm sorry you are having such a sucktastic run of luck, but thank you for the heads up. I was about to book the PVI moments from now as a "just in case" in case we do DL in October instead of WDW. (That's "Park Vue Inn", "Disneyland" and "Walt Disney World" respectively. You get used to the acronyms after awhile. It is annoying at first, but later they become your friends!)

I can take a lot, but bad customer service ruins my day.

P.

Very true. It appears that many of their former customers are giving them invaluable feedback here...

I had almost booked PVI, but decided against it when they did away with all their perks and booked Desert Inn instead. (plus, my whole family can fit in one suite and DI vs. two at PVI) The next person to cancel their room at PVI really should mention this thread and the fact that it's had over 16,000 views! (I realize there are a lot of repeat viewers coming back to read the new posts, but that's still a LOT!) Hopefully sooner than later management will take notice and start acting on this!

Very true. It appears that many of their former customers are giving them invaluable feedback here...

We have been PVI customers for about 25 years. We have always stayed there. We booked there for our upcoming trip in September, then a couple of weeks later they changed their amenities. The social hour and free water were a big part of why we didn't mind spending the extra money to stay there. We called and they confirmed the change, so we asked if they would offer a small discount as we had booked when they had those things and now our trip was going to cost us more money. They said no.

In talking with them, they couldn't have cared less that they were going to lose customers of 25 years. Then came the reports of bed bugs...we are now booked elsewhere, and I'm not so sure we will be going back to Park Vue anytime soon. We used to tell everyone we knew that was going to Disneyland to stay there. We won't be doing that now. They really need to change their attitudes.

I was just reading about PVI on TripAdvisor and are you all aware it is ranked
#3 on TA's list of hotels in Anaheim. DGC is ranked #7. How can that be?:confused:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d75697-Reviews-Park_Vue_Inn-Anaheim_California.html
I know, I've wondered the same thing! It makes no sense. AND, it's really scary when you are trying to plan a trip and rely on tripadvisor. I'm wondering if their rating went up when they were doing a good job, and the bad stuff hasn't caught up with them yet.

We have been PVI customers for about 25 years. We have always stayed there. We booked there for our upcoming trip in September, then a couple of weeks later they changed their amenities. The social hour and free water were a big part of why we didn't mind spending the extra money to stay there. We called and they confirmed the change, so we asked if they would offer a small discount as we had booked when they had those things and now our trip was going to cost us more money. They said no.

In talking with them, they couldn't have cared less that they were going to lose customers of 25 years. Then came the reports of bed bugs...we are now booked elsewhere, and I'm not so sure we will be going back to Park Vue anytime soon. We used to tell everyone we knew that was going to Disneyland to stay there. We won't be doing that now. They really need to change their attitudes.

If you would have asked me a month ago were we'd be staying, I would have said PVI! Our last stay was May 2011. Boy, it sure sounds like things have changed. It was always a pleasant stay, now I'm scared to risk staying there again. We even have one of their popular suites booked, which we likely be releasing in favor of the kids suite at Hojo

If customers of 25 years are treated like they don't matter, then the PVI is no longer a place I will give my business. It's just too bad that things have changed there the way they have.

TripAdvisor picks and chooses what reviews to post and how long to keep them. They don't use Fly By posts, you have to be a trusted (whatever that means) posted to have your reviews posted. I review lots of things, from good to bad, and all of my reviews are posted, but I hear if you only review once or twice, or only give good or only bad, reviews, they never go up.

I was just reading about PVI on TripAdvisor and are you all aware it is ranked
#3 on TA's list of hotels in Anaheim. DGC is ranked #7. How can that be?:confused:
PVI might be paying to "adjust" their rating, rather than actually improving service.

I see that the PVI has slipped another spot on Trip Advisor today. When I first booked a suite about 7 months ago with them they were #2, now they are #4. I'm so glad I made a backup reservation at Hojo in one of their kids suites. They definitely seem to be slipping. I wonder how they will be ranked 6 months from now.

while I am in no way condoning their poor response with Jack, I must remind everyone here, especially those who have not stayed that in July we did have a wonderful 8 night stay with them. I posted lot's of pictures here they room was clean and very nice, absolutely no bugs of any kind, and we had excellent housekeeping service and everyone I interacted with was very friendly. I am so sorry for Jacks bad experience, and the PVI not dealing with him in the correct way is really unacceptable, I hope they will do something positive about it! We would take a chance on staying there again.

smiley-face -- I am fairly new to these boards, is there some way to find your post with photos, etc of the PVI? Perhaps just a keyword search?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter