If you drove from one end of your town/city to the other end how many miles would you travel?

I live in an unincorporated area.
Checking Google maps, going from the furthest north eastern corner of Sacramento County, on the north east side of the city of Folsom, to the far south eastern corner of Sacramento county just east of the city of Anitioch in the Delta is 101 miles.
As for the city of Sacramento, about 30 miles.
I was trying to think about this. This area is considered Natomas , but it lists as Sacramento. Sometimes I wonder where we live....:rotfl:

My city is oddly shaped, looking at a map it seems from the longest side it would be about 10 1/2,,,,that's an "arm" that sticks out

I was trying to think about this. This area is considered Natomas , but it lists as Sacramento. Sometimes I wonder where we live....:rotfl:
West Elkhorn Boulevard is the northern city border at one point, THAT is Rio Linda to me.

Our town is unincorporated so we're really part of the county. It's very common in the DC metro area to have unincorporated towns and county level government, policing, etc.

Thansk for the explanations of incorporated vs. unincorporated. Very interesting!

So you y’all pay the same taxes and stuff as those within the city limits?

I thought this was funny and how companies market things to suit their own agendas:

There is a company that purchased a small piece of land in my town and is building a little neighborhood of new houses.

When I went to look at the website, it promoted it as this new home community in the “up and coming city of *******”!

I have lived here for 20 years and there is nothing “up and coming” about this little blip on the radar in the metroplex. 99% of the town is already developed, and most of the homes are older and not of the fancier sort. And it’s a bunch of strip malls and the same old chain stores you’d get in the next town.

“Up and coming....” :rotfl:

Thansk for the explanations of incorporated vs. unincorporated. Very interesting!

So you y’all pay the same taxes and stuff as those within the city limits?
Yes. Actually, the City pays the County to collect property taxes. The County is the big government agency. There are multiple cities that are incorporated in the County, and then there are many Communities that are not part of any city. The city does their own garbage collection, but then pays to have the trash taken to the County Dump.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter