If you have any questions regarding Sea World | Discovery Cove

Originally posted by toystoryduo
How does the Sea World in Florida compare to the Sea World that was in Ohio? We are thinking of taking our DD (ages 2 and 1) and wonder how it compares. Thank you!

The Sea World in Ohio is now part of Six Flags Worlds of Adventure. The Florida park really blows away what is in Ohio. The wildlife area (or the old Sea World Ohio area) seems a bit shabby and it was pretty dead when I visited on a Friday in May, although the animals seemed well treated. The Sea World in Florida has a lot more shows and attractions. It's a lot cleaner and a much better experience overall.

Thanks Barry Hom! I wasn't all that impressed with Sea World of Ohio. The only reason we went was because we live nearby.:D

Hi, I'm interested in visiting Discovery Cove. Do you know how to get the discount code that is used at the bottom of the Discovery Code order form? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Does it have to be a consecutive day or can I use it within the week? Probably consecutive......right?

Kimba

I am contemplating a visit to Sea World in October, when my DS will be almost 4. Is it worth going, or do you think it will be too boring for him? Also, what will he be able to see/ride? (Obviously not the Kraken or the Journey to Atlantis.) Do you have more info on the kiddie area?

The kiddie area is great they have plenty of areas for all age groups and i am sure he will love the animals in the play area they have an interactive water area as well and a pirate ship:jester:

Sea World has a 3 acre kids play area including 3 stories of nets, balls, and slides. A water hole area to get sprayed at and wade in, a huge sand area with toys for kids to play at, a water baloon battle zone (the water baloons are an additional cost).
He can go on wild arctic which they have an alternative to riding the motion similar, as they have another stationary theater to watch the same short video as they show in the ride and at the end of the ride they lead to the same place (base station wild arctic). An area themed as a research center in the arctic stationed next to old ship wrecks and ice flows. The exhibit offers both above and under water viewing of Polar Bears, Beluga Whales, and Arctic Walrus, and sometimes they have two Harbor seals in the pool with the beluga whales. The wild arctic also had different interactive area and a cave for kids to play in.

He'd probably like The Shamu Adventure, Key West Dolphin Fest, and Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island (sea lion show) the best. I'd think he'd also like the Pet's Ahoy show (a really interesting Pet show).

The parks also offers various underwater viewing areas at the dolphin coveand shamu stadium dine with shamu pool.

You can pet and feed seals and sea lions, dolphins, and stingrays as well.

Enjoy.

I would like to hear about the Waterfront. We may have a dinner here on one of our Seaworld days, can you describe the two new restaurants? Also, what type of street performances are there? TIA! ;)

I am a DW, IOA & US veteran, but a Seaworld newbie. I have been a few times but many years ago. I am going in Sept. with a group of at least 8 (2 families). We need a quick tour without missing anything major. We want to go to the fireworks at the Magic Kingdon the same night. Any touring plans?!? Thanks for any help in advance.

Originally posted by SeaWorldOrlando
)
I can send you a map front and back via e-mail or snail mail. It gives descriptions of all the restaurants, shows, and attractions. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Can you attach the map etc to a private message or send your e-mail by private message to greenman2?

Thanks

We are going to Orlando this January. We have 2 boys 3 and 5 that love to swim. We are going to Sea World and possibly Bush Gardens. (done Disney already). I was looking at Discovery Cove. With the price including tickets to SW and BG, it seems like it might be worth a visit. What are your thoughts on taking children of those ages to Discovery Cove?

I really appreciate all the information you have put out there.

Jas,

Just wanted to let you know I never got your package. Thanks anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter