If you pay your kids for chores...

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
What's the going rate for cleaning the tub?

(Not meant to be a debate about whether you should pay your kids for chores, and yes, he does have things he's simply responsible for. - But this is extra, something I usually do, and I just happen to want to farm it out this time.)

(Not meant to be a debate about whether you should pay your kids for chores, and yes, he does have things he's simply responsible for. - But this is extra, something I usually do, and I just happen to want to farm it out this time.)
whats it worth to ya??:P i guess what do you think he'll say yes to? i would think $10? i've been known to negotiate out some jobs myself as well.

whats it worth to ya??:P i guess what do you think he'll say yes to? i would think $10? i've been known to negotiate out some jobs myself as well.

Glad I'm not alone!

And I was thinking maybe $10, so the confirmation is nice. :thumbsup2 (You never want to be that one parent paying way more or less than everyone else.)

Depends How people use the tub? when was the last time it was cleaned? Is this a regular tub or Jacuzzi tub or Spa tub?

Depending on the answers to these questions between 10 and $15

For $10 I want the whole bathroom cleaned! For chores, my kids get about $10 an hour (unless it’s something like walking the dog in really bad weather and I’m desperate not to do it). Dd15 thinks she cleaned the bathroom (wants to have 6 friends sleep over tomorrow, so no pay). Sadly, she’s going to have to get back in there.

I pay $1 per age for their set chore. Any extra is usually $1. For the tub it depends on the size. If it was their bathroom tub, maybe an extra $2. For the big tub in my bathroom, $5-$10.

$10??

Can you hire me to come clean your tub?
:rolleyes1 Right? It can't take even a slow person more than 5 minutes to clean a bathtub (unless maybe it was a crime scene). $10 bucks is way too much in relation to what it's worth on an hourly-wage basis. I'd pay somebody $2 bucks tops for that job alone and no, my own child wouldn't get anything other than a "please and thank-you".

For $10 I want the whole bathroom cleaned! For chores, my kids get about $10 an hour (unless it’s something like walking the dog in really bad weather and I’m desperate not to do it). Dd15 thinks she cleaned the bathroom (wants to have 6 friends sleep over tomorrow, so no pay). Sadly, she’s going to have to get back in there.
:teeth: I was never big on paying my DS "piece-work" because if he wanted to earn money for something I expected him to do a decent job, just like he'd have to for any other employer. It resulted in a lot of him having to "get back in there" and generally was more trouble than it was worth for either of us.

:rolleyes1 Right? It can't take even a slow person more than 5 minutes to clean a bathtub (unless maybe it was a crime scene). $10 bucks is way too much in relation to what it's worth on an hourly-wage basis. I'd pay somebody $2 bucks tops for that job alone and no, my own child wouldn't get anything other than a "please and thank-you".

That’s what I was thinking too. Even if I did my absolute best, the queen is coming to use this tub so it better be the best it’s ever been, it wouldn’t take that long.

Sure! I'll send my address but be warned I have a DH who works heavy machinery and I won't clean his bathroom. So feel free for $10 to clean his kinda black ringed tub. :scared::scared: Oh he cleans it weekly.

I married a diesel mechanic. I may or may not have used brake cleaner to clean out our tub right after we got married. It did a wonderful job getting the grease out, but the smell took weeks to go away :crazy2:

I paid my ten year old $5 to clean two entire bathrooms this weekend.

I married a diesel mechanic. I may or may not have used brake cleaner to clean out our tub right after we got married. It did a wonderful job getting the grease out, but the smell took weeks to go away :crazy2:

I paid my ten year old $5 to clean two entire bathrooms this weekend.

Lol!! I married a heavy machine worker who plays hockey 3 times a week. Bleach is a close friend. Oh and the reason I mentioned he has his own bathroom. Hockey equipment in a car for a week in 90 degree temps - yeah I'm letting that in any room without bleach, Febreeze & him cleaning.

We have horribly rusty water and DD8 flat out cannot clean the tub. Even I have trouble scrubbing that thing clean and it takes a while. Plus, I don't really want her using the really harsh chemicals. If we had normal water, I'd pay her a dollar or two max since it then wouldn't take that long with some Greased Lightning and a green scrubbie. We give her $1 when she cleans all 3 toilets and that takes her maybe 20 mins., and she's thrilled to then be able to buy a pack of gum.

lol $2 to clean the tub? That would be a "no thank you" on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter