I'll have Coffee With My Monorail - The TR (Update: March 7, 2015)

Joining!

Glad you arrived safe and your room was ready - nice views!

I can kinda get the customs official asking more questions - seems like anything not in the "script" they are expecting causes more questions - but definitely no need for an attitude. But not like you can say anything at the time or it just becomes more of an ordeal for you

I'm here!!! Sorry it took so long for me to subscribe!

I totally would've said some choice words to that Customs Officer. I understand why you couldn't say anything, but upon arriving back home, I would've written a letter and mailed it to her boss. I am a firm believer that situations like that should be reported. It is NOT right to treat someone like that. She should've asked the general questions and moved on...the rest of that was none of her business and did not relate to your trip or being allowed to cross thru customs. So sad for you that it happened!

The room views are awesome!!!!!!! :) I'm so happy that I was able to help you get the room you wanted!! It was absolutely no problem! If you ever need anything, you know you can ask :) That's what friends are for!

I just love that balcony picture you posted!! I would've sat out there with a coffee every morning! Lovely!!!

I agree with the MK views having too much of a parking lot view. I noticed that in some other TR's and in my parents pictures from a few years ago when they stayed at the CR. I know a lot of people prefer it so I'm glad there are options at Disney for all of us :)

Cannot wait to read more!!

I didn't really use the balcony sadly. We had a bit of rain when we were in the room. And in the morning I'd go to the lounge with a magazine and look at the castle while I drank my coffee ;)

Joining in. WOW she loved her job, I would have asked her if this was protocol. Because it doesn't sound it.

It definetly felt like it was mixing her personal life with her job.

I’m in!!

How I didn’t notice you’re also from Canada til now surprises me!! Ugh, customs….I never have problems going into the states but OH MAN clearing back into Calgary is a TOTAL WITCH! One time we crossed over in Vancouver & explained we were at auditions and they just let us through, but practically every time I cross into Calgary they pull me aside to search my stuff & question me…

That’s an awesome view!! The room looks lovely!

They changed the decoration a bit in the room. I sadly forgot to take pictures

Joining!

Glad you arrived safe and your room was ready - nice views!

I can kinda get the customs official asking more questions - seems like anything not in the "script" they are expecting causes more questions - but definitely no need for an attitude. But not like you can say anything at the time or it just becomes more of an ordeal for you

I know it may look suspicious to have a 31 y/o traveling with her parents and all, but there's a way to approach it. Like you said, there's nothing I could say at the time.

We had a reservation for The Plaza at 6:30pm and I had booked Fastpasses for the day, but we were exhausted. We rested in the room, and waited for our luggage which were delivered around 4pm. Around that time I also received a text from Garden Grocer saying our order had been delivered. I had chosen the delivery window that was from 5pm to 7pm. So I was surprised it got here earlier. We changed into our shorts and slowly made it to the Magic Kingdom.

As we left the room, we noticed the skys were getting darker and darker. We walked to the Magic Kingdom and the wind picked up. As I went through bag check the cm quickly checked my bag and told me to save myself.

We walked into the emporium as the rain was starting.
We walked through the stores a bit, then we check to see if we could check-in early for our Plaza dinner.

It was around 6pm by then. The lady said she'd see what she could do but probably would only be able to seat us closer to our reservation time.

We waited close by as the rain was still going but not as hard.

We were seated around 6:20pm and I'm sure we'd had that server before.

My mom and I got our usual: my mom got the chicken sandwich and I got the tuna sandwich. My dad had never been to that restaurant before. He tried the burger. Our meals were excellent. It was a nice start to the vacation.

Our server was nice and made sure we were taken care of.

We talked about what we wanted to do for the evening. Did we want to stay and do a few things, or go back to the hotel?

Since we had a reservation at the Crystal Palace the next morning, we decided to slowly walk back to the hotel.

After all, it had been a long day and with the rain, we decided we'd better rest.

We walked back to the hotel and browsed the shops a little.

We stopped by the lounge to see the dessert offerings. After all, we decided not to get desserts at the Plaza.

I got my usual cup of coffee (I'm a HUGE coffee drinker) and we got some desserts: cookies and mousses.

We relaxed and my mom and I won: we could watch "Bravo". We love that channel and don't get it at home.

Don't feel too bad for my dad. He was going to get to choose the channel he wanted during the trip.

I was exhausted but was intent on seeing the electrical water pageant. I saw it around 9:20 when it starts. When it starts it's not directly in front of the CR. It doesn't come in front of the CR until around 10:10. But let's say I was so exhausted that I didn't care it wasn't directly in front of us.

After the "show" I got into bed and let's just say it didn't take that long to fall asleep. My dad was already asleep and my mom would soon follow suit.

Out of all my trips to Disney, I have never been to the Plaza. I guess on our next trip, I should give it a try. You are just the latest in a line of reports that have nothing but good things to say about it!

We love staying on CL, but lord knows I will have gained some weight from all those desserts. :cool1:

Joining in, thanks for sending me the link as I am not over here often anymore! That may be changing though as I am starting to plan a trip for 2015!

That customs agent, disgusting, there was no reason to act that way towards you. There are so many reasons that you may be living at home with your parents and I think it is terribly sad that it is considered suspicious that adult children enjoy going on vacation with their parents. :mad:

Glad you got all your room requests and were pleased with the location. I have never considered the Contemporary in the past but maybe your report will change my mind. ;)

joining in!

Sounds like a lovely first evening - Plaza is definitely on our 'to do' list for future Disney trips :) sorry to hear about the customs lady.. maybe she was jealous you were going to WDW ;)

Emma princess: x

Out of all my trips to Disney, I have never been to the Plaza. I guess on our next trip, I should give it a try. You are just the latest in a line of reports that have nothing but good things to say about it!

It is lovely. The food isn't stellar but I love the place.

We love staying on CL, but lord knows I will have gained some weight from all those desserts. :cool1:

Tell me about it. You'll see a little pouch on the pictures from the last day lol

Joining in, thanks for sending me the link as I am not over here often anymore! That may be changing though as I am starting to plan a trip for 2015!

That customs agent, disgusting, there was no reason to act that way towards you. There are so many reasons that you may be living at home with your parents and I think it is terribly sad that it is considered suspicious that adult children enjoy going on vacation with their parents. :mad:

Glad you got all your room requests and were pleased with the location. I have never considered the Contemporary in the past but maybe your report will change my mind. ;)

Who knows... Maybe I will hehe

joining in!

Sounds like a lovely first evening - Plaza is definitely on our 'to do' list for future Disney trips :) sorry to hear about the customs lady.. maybe she was jealous you were going to WDW ;)

Emma princess: x

I hope you enjoy it if you go ;)

July 14

I was up around 7am. I was a bit tired but I was in Disney. I didn't want to sleep for now.

I got up and went to get a small snack with my dad at the lounge.

We had a reservation at the Crystal Palace at 10:30 am, so I didn't want to eat too much.

We got coffee and looked at the view.

We decided we'd let my mom get ready and let her join us for the reservation.

We wanted to get a head start at the Magic Kingdom.

I was excited and thought that I would get to see the opening show.

Sadly I think we missed it by a few minutes.

We walked into the park and talked about game plan.

I have my favorites.... and everyone else does right?

I led my dad to..... the haunted mansion.

It was basically a walk on.

We were stopped just as you get to the door.

The ride was awesome as usual. Man I love it.

We then made our way to the Rapunzel restrooms. I wanted to find some Pascals. Boy is he hard to find!

I took two pictures. Because I only found two at that moment. Later in the trip I did find more, but did not take pictures.

Since we were close by, I humored my dad and led him to his favorite: it's a small world.

I like it, but I can live without riding it. My dad on the other hand is sad if he doesn't get to ride it once.

So we did.

It wasn't a walk-on, but almost.

We were in a boat with a lovely family who were trying to take family pics. I turned around and offered to take a pic of all of them. They said yes, and I did. But I think they didn't like the result as they tried to take another one themselves. Oh well, I did my best guys.

Funny I feel the same way can take it or leave it. My DS was about six when we went on that ride, and this young girl got on with a nose ring. He says really loud Mom she has a large boogie hanging out of her nose, So every time I see that ride it reminds me of that.

Hi Christy, am enjoying your TR so far. I look forward to seeing lots of pictures too. LOVE to read the stories AND see the photo illustrations. I used to go to WDW with my parents all the time as an adult. LOVED it!

I still haven't eaten at the Plaza. Actually, we haven't done any TS in MK...I think I need to change that! :-) Can you believe that I haven't ridden Haunted Mansion since high school???

I love HM! Definitely one of my favourites.
I only found two Pascals too. I didn't get a chance to go back and look for more.

I think I need to give The Plaza another try. Our first time there was such a train wreck between the food taking forever and then being cold, the waitress spilling mustard all over my Baggallini and dessert taking 500 years to get to the table

But lucky for them I am always open to trying restaurants a second time ;)

I will say that my sandwich was very good & once it finally got there, my family enjoyed the milkshake and banana split :)

I know you are super busy with work but I hope you update again soon so I can hear about the rest of your trip ;)

Joining in!!! Sorry to hear about the customs agent. It's sad that these days people can be so judgemental. Cant wait to hear more about the trip!

hey guys! I'm back hehe

I have no notes but I'll try to go from memory. At least I have pictures to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter