I'll have Coffee With My Monorail - The TR (Update: March 7, 2015)

ok let's see... where was I.

Like I said I didn't take notes, so I'll go with things that my memory comes up with.

If I remember correctly, it was almost time to meet my mom for breakfast.

My dad is a Donald utimate fan. He hadn't seen the circus set-up yet, so I thought it would be fun to go see it.

As we arrived, we noticed the meets hadn't started yet. They were starting in ten minutes. So we waited. Turns out we were the first ones in line.

I had no idea the guys came out to great people. So it was a wonderful surprise when the doors opened and Donald and Goofy came out.

We walked in with the guys and took pictures. It was so much fun. Some of the best pictures I have with my dad.

After that, we met up with my mom at the Crystal Palace for some great food.

It's a tradition of ours. First breakfast is always at the Crystal Palace.

Sorry I'm not posting pictures. We were starving and since I already have pictures of the Pooh gang, and they are not on my must-have list, we just said hi to the characters.

As we walked out, it was time for one of my favorite shows: Move it! Shake it!

That show represents "Disney" to me. I can watch it a few times and I love it, love it, love it.

Here "some" pictures.

Let me say, I love the costumes the girls are wearing. I'd so rock it!

Ok, about that madhatter. I kind of had a "moment" that become awkward haha He started flirting with me and at one point it was a bit much. I become uncomfortable and changed spots haha It was fun at first, but too much after.

After that, we started we wanted to take a break and go back to the hotel.

But not before grabbing a snack.

Our friend Iheartdduck, had recommended a special treat. And I wanted to try it.

Cake cups at the Cheshire Cat cafe.

Yum!!!!

It's on our list for this July too!

Of course I posted it on instagram!

When we got to the hotel, I noticed that I had received an Etsy order I had made for bows. I love her. Check her out. Mickey Waffles on Etsy.

One bow represents Walt, and the other is a custom order that represents the Contemporary resort.

After resting a bit, we decided to go and check out Downtown Disney. One time out of many. We love going there.

I took the opportunity to take a picture of that sign, since I figured it might be gone before I go back.

And as an art teacher, I love going into the Art of Disney store. So here are the pics I took. And yes, I take pictures of the artist's name since I think they deserve the credit.

After that, we walked around, browsed stores, made a few purchases and ate. Yep, we went to eat at Ghirardelli.

Is it me or isn't there a lack of table inside? Or outside. Whatever they need more tables.

Once we were full of ice cream, we went back to the hotel. I don't remember what we did that night.

I probably watched a lot of Bravo. I love that channel and I don't get it at home. Poor dad hehe

Oh and I forgot that I had a fastpass earlier that day for Elsa and Anna.

The ladies were lovely and it was a nice meet.

Ironically, my favorite picture is the unstaged one.

And the reason why I'm not in love with the one where I'm posing with Elsa is that I had no clue what she was trying to get me to do hehe

Sorry only just seen this... I'm having a few problems with the new boards I think!

Great photos of the parade, and I like that you take time to look in the art store at DTD.. I love browsing in there!

Emma x

I also have some problems with the new boards. We'll get use to it.

Thanks. I love the parade. And the art store is so awesome. I wish I could afford some pieces and it was easier to bring back.

July 16, 2014

The next few days are a blur.

I only have one picture. Can you believe it!

It was our first Epcot day. I think I concentrated on enjoying it and shopping and not on taking pictures. And It was an aweful day weather wise.

We took the monorail. And as soon as we passed the TTC it started raining.

And not only raining, but storming.

And yes, we foolishly got off the monorail.

But we got stuck at the station the moment we tried to make our way towards the gates.

We stopped at the ciment structure.

I normally love storms. But let me tell you, I was terrified to go farther.

I felt like a little kid. I snuggled close to my dad and didn't let go until it let up.

The thunder and lightening was so close, it was as if it was right beside us.

I had never experienced that.

And let me tell you.... grown men were screaming beside me.

Here's a picture of the scene.

It doesn't look as bad as it truly was.

Last edited:
After a while we did manage to make a run for it and get inside.

If I remember correctly, our fastpasses for spaceship earth were still good, so we stopped there.

When we got out, the storm had passed.

But all in all, this storm must have lasted between 30 to 45 minutes.

We had a reservation for Le Cellier for 5:30pm. It was only around noon by now and the weather was starting to acting up again.

There was no way we were going to stick around until that time.

So I sheepishly walked into Le Cellier and talked to the young lady there.

She was nice enough to be able to switch our ressie to a lunch one, and we were soon seated.

It was such good timing. We had our lovely meal. As usual I had the filet mignon with the risotto that makes my mouth water as I'm typin this. My dad also got the filet mignon and I think he was able to substitute the risotto for something else. And my mom got the steak.

A wonderful meal as always. We also each got the creme brulee. All in all, a good meal after a bad experience.

After the meal, we decided to go back to the hotel. The weather was bad again and we just weren't feeling it anymore.

July 17, 2014

The day was uneventful.

We decided to go back to Downtown Disney.

Our goal was mostly to walk around, eat and shop.

Nothing more.

Sorry that's a short update hehe

July 18, 2014

Now this day was all about frozen fun.

Yes, we were heading to DHS to see what they had to offer us.

I was on a quest to get myself a Sven stuffed toy. Spoiler aler, they were all out. Apparently he was the craze and they had ran out. The girls working in the store couldn't believe how all of a sudden people were all about him.

On our way to Oaken's store, I took a few pics of the scenery.

We finally got to our destination where we were greeted by our cousin.

See, no shortage of Olaf.

Sorry for the blurry pic. My camera is starting to act up. (I got a new one for my birthday! hehe)

This young man really wanted to be in the picture. So I obliged.

Then I went to check out the playground.

Well my goal was not the activities. But the food hehe

My mom had this cupcake which got her tongue blue.

While I got this one.

Both were very yummy.

We also found some very cute interactive picture opportunities.

Our next stop was Mama Melrose.

It was a lovely meal.

We had discovered this place the year before randomly.

We were surprised that we really liked it.

So now it is a must-do.

Like I said it was our second time there and both times we had awesome service.

I love the "next-door" vibe of it.

The food is not 5 star material but it is satisfying to us.

I obviously haven't figured out this new format!! No idea how I copied half your tr and posted it!!!:badpc:
Anywho....I'm here!!! LOVE the HM!!! My favorite ride!!
We have The Plaza booked for our June trip, haven't eaten there since 2002. Needless to say I don't remember much. We're also eating at Mama Melrose for the first time with the Fantasmic pkg. You have me excited now!!

Last edited:
I obviously haven't figured out this new format!! No idea how I copied half your tr and posted it!!!:badpc:
Anywho....I'm here!!! LOVE the HM!!! My favorite ride!!
We have The Plaza booked for our June trip, haven't eaten there since 2002. Needless to say I don't remember much. We're also eating at Mama Melrose for the first time with the Fantasmic pkg. You have me excited now!!

I love the cheesy atmosphere of mama melrose. The only we care less about is the desserts. We debated booking the package with this restaurant but we decided not to get the package. We never know if we want to stay late in dhs.

This new format is different. Not sure how to copy things yet. So comments..in no particular order...

Steph, that was the Move it Shake It Parade right? That has been replace by the new Festival of Fantasy Parade. I don't think they're doing Move it Shake it.

Customs agent! Feh! :mad: Lots of people travel with their parents! We went to Alaska with Henry's parents, and took them to Disney before too!!

Plaza Restaurant: I have not eaten there since...um...2000 I think. 15 years. Time for a repeat. In fact, I think I ate in Tony's in 1990 and not since. Mama Melrose we really like. Loved the steak. I also LOVED my dessert. I had some kind of lemony custard with a biscotti in it.

Ghirardellis... Yum... table space always is limited, but my husband seems to have good table getting luck..like his Parking magic that finds him choice parking spaces in the middle of the monument/Smithsonian area (The National Mall) in DC.

Art Store: husband avoids it. I like to go in there, but I need more walls if I'm going to buy more paintings. I already have matted framed prints leaning against the walls, bookcases, etc, because I'm out of space.

I haven't stayed at the CR but BLT is one of my home resorts with DVC. Haven't stayed there yet either....someday. We always seem to end up at OKW or SSR. SSR is where I have most of my points.

23 days til my next trip to OKW! Can't wait! :cold: we've got your weather!

This new format is different. Not sure how to copy things yet. So comments..in no particular order...

Steph, that was the Move it Shake It Parade right? That has been replace by the new Festival of Fantasy Parade. I don't think they're doing Move it Shake it.

Customs agent! Feh! :mad: Lots of people travel with their parents! We went to Alaska with Henry's parents, and took them to Disney before too!!

Plaza Restaurant: I have not eaten there since...um...2000 I think. 15 years. Time for a repeat. In fact, I think I ate in Tony's in 1990 and not since. Mama Melrose we really like. Loved the steak. I also LOVED my dessert. I had some kind of lemony custard with a biscotti in it.

Ghirardellis... Yum... table space always is limited, but my husband seems to have good table getting luck..like his Parking magic that finds him choice parking spaces in the middle of the monument/Smithsonian area (The National Mall) in DC.

Art Store: husband avoids it. I like to go in there, but I need more walls if I'm going to buy more paintings. I already have matted framed prints leaning against the walls, bookcases, etc, because I'm out of space.

I haven't stayed at the CR but BLT is one of my home resorts with DVC. Haven't stayed there yet either....someday. We always seem to end up at OKW or SSR. SSR is where I have most of my points.

23 days til my next trip to OKW! Can't wait! :cold: we've got your weather!

Yes that was the move it shake it.

122 until we go back. Too long! We are going to por this time.... Royal room. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter