Illuminations end date

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I know I've seen information about when illuminations will end. Is there a confirmed date?

Since any announced date would certainly be trumpeted far and wide online, pretty sure none has been announced.

But when the announcement *is* made, it's a safe bet that there will later be an "extended by popular demand" announcement adding a couple more weeks.

If you want to see the show some time through the first half of September, I think you're in good shape.

Since any announced date would certainly be trumpeted far and wide online, pretty sure none has been announced.

But when the announcement *is* made, it's a safe bet that there will later be an "extended by popular demand" announcement adding a couple more weeks.

If you want to see the show some time through the first half of September, I think you're in good shape.

I don’t think they extended Wishes! by popular demand - and there was a lot of demand. I would not count on Illuminations extending - my guess is they will announce once they are sure the replacement is set and then it will be one day Illuminations, the next whatever the new show is (hopefully better than HEA, but I am not holding out much hope).

I don’t think they extended Wishes! by popular demand - and there was a lot of demand. I would not count on Illuminations extending - my guess is they will announce once they are sure the replacement is set and then it will be one day Illuminations, the next whatever the new show is (hopefully better than HEA, but I am not holding out much hope).

They definitely won't extend it - they already announced what the interim show will be (from whenever it closes in 2019 until whenever in 2020 the new permanent show is ready) https://wdwnt.com/2018/11/breaking-new-nighttime-shows-coming-to-epcot-in-2019-and-2020/

I’m obsessed with seeing the last show. I’ve been betting on the end of September to coincide with the 20th anniversary as the end date, to the point that I have reservations for then. BUT with the opening of SWGE announced, I’m hedging my bet for that date and just booked a reservation - the website was insane and lost my first choice when it glitched and wouldn’t complete the reservation. I have no intention on even getting close to SWGE though- that’ll be next summer.

Now I’m stalking the FEA dessert buffet. Seems that they’ve moved the calendar out to September, but it’s grayed out. Open, open, open!

My friend spoke with Disney yesterday, and the CM tried looking it up, and the computer said "end of fall". Of course we all know how accurate those computers are.......or arent :rotfl2:

. . . . (hopefully better than HEA, but I am not holding out much hope).

Just about impossible to be better than HEA. Best nighttime show I've ever seen at WDW, except maybe for Awakenings.

Now better than RoE? That I'm certainly hoping for, and it wouldn't take much, but as an IP-driven show, I'm not optimistic. (The permanent show being IP-driven, not the temporary one, which sounds like it could actually be pretty cool for the scope it's going to be.) I definitely don't expect it to top the traditional (pre-99) Illuminations.

My friend spoke with Disney yesterday, and the CM tried looking it up, and the computer said "end of fall". Of course we all know how accurate those computers are.......or arent :rotfl2:
That is all around inaccurate since even the Disney website says its end of summer not end of fall.

Just about impossible to be better than HEA. Best nighttime show I've ever seen at WDW, except maybe for Awakenings.

Now better than RoE? That I'm certainly hoping for, and it wouldn't take much, but as an IP-driven show, I'm not optimistic. (The permanent show being IP-driven, not the temporary one, which sounds like it could actually be pretty cool for the scope it's going to be.) I definitely don't expect it to top the traditional (pre-99) Illuminations.

ROE?

I hated HEA. WAY too much dissonance and random jumps. Plus they already had a projections show. Let it be just fireworks.

ROE?

I hated HEA. WAY too much dissonance and random jumps. Plus they already had a projections show. Let it be just fireworks.
Reflections of Earth

I love HEA and guest reactions have been the same. I don’t see that aspect going anywhere.

Reflections of Earth

I love HEA and guest reactions have been the same. I don’t see that aspect going anywhere.

Ah. Thanks. I have loved every iteration of Illuminations. Might help that I heard the story of the current one explained before.

I know - I am weird in hating it. But that's fine - I can either ride stuff with less of a wait or beat the crowds to the buses by skipping it.

I’m obsessed with seeing the last show. I’ve been betting on the end of September to coincide with the 20th anniversary as the end date, to the point that I have reservations for then. BUT with the opening of SWGE announced, I’m hedging my bet for that date and just booked a reservation - the website was insane and lost my first choice when it glitched and wouldn’t complete the reservation. I have no intention on even getting close to SWGE though- that’ll be next summer.

Now I’m stalking the FEA dessert buffet. Seems that they’ve moved the calendar out to September, but it’s grayed out. Open, open, open!

You sound just like my son! He is obsessed with seeing the very last show as well; he heard there is a rumor there will be a live orchestra for the music. And he also is guessing on that 20th anniversary date.
Unfortunately, he is in college so he will only be able to make it if the last show happens to be on a weekend. :(

You sound just like my son! He is obsessed with seeing the very last show as well; he heard there is a rumor there will be a live orchestra for the music. And he also is guessing on that 20th anniversary date.
Unfortunately, he is in college so he will only be able to make it if the last show happens to be on a weekend. :(

A little live orchestra would be amazing. While I know it’s time for a change, this version is my favorite show of all time and I’m going to be so sad to see it go. I’m hoping for the anniversary too, hate to have to deal with the Star Wars crowds, but I’ll do it if I have to! I made reservations as soon as I heard the opening date for SWGE, otherwise there wouldn’t be a room anywhere on site if they decide to surprise me.

That is all around inaccurate since even the Disney website says its end of summer not end of fall.

I guess it depends on your definition of end of fall. lol The anniversary isn’t until the end of September and for me, the end of summer is Labor Day. But yeah, CM’s are probably the least reliable source unless you’re talking to the one that schedules these things.

A little live orchestra would be amazing. While I know it’s time for a change, this version is my favorite show of all time and I’m going to be so sad to see it go. I’m hoping for the anniversary too, hate to have to deal with the Star Wars crowds, but I’ll do it if I have to! I made reservations as soon as I heard the opening date for SWGE, otherwise there wouldn’t be a room anywhere on site if they decide to surprise me.
I'm debating going ahead and making a reservation too. He hasn't made up his schedule for fall semester yet...maybe he could happen to arrange it with early classes on Mondays (fly out to Orlando in time for the show) and late classes on Tuesdays (fly back in the morning!)

I probably shouldn't encourage him to plan his college schedule around Disney... ;)

I'm debating going ahead and making a reservation too. He hasn't made up his schedule for fall semester yet...maybe he could happen to arrange it with early classes on Mondays (fly out to Orlando in time for the show) and late classes on Tuesdays (fly back in the morning!)

I probably shouldn't encourage him to plan his college schedule around Disney... ;)

My kids are teachers and I do it! Been on messenger all day with one saying so, use a sick day, how about a personal day....lol Luckily she’s crazier than I am about this and messaged me this morning saying...book something, NOW. :) it was only after I did we were trying to figure out how she’s manage it.

If you’re thinking of hedging your bets and getting something for SWGE opening, I’d do it sooner rather than later. Things are booking fast. I was in queue for 30 minutes just to get on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter