• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm laughing out loud at this OKW review....

I looked up this review on trip advisor and the reviewer has one other review for a resort in Punta Cuna and believe it or not it is a lower rating than her OKW review! I suspect that this person is just not a happy person and is more interested in complaining than enjoying the blessings she has been given in life.

We've been members for 14 years now, with over 50 different check-in's to a DVC resort.

NOT ONCE have I ever been called after checkin, by the sales staff, trying to sell me more points.

DVC just doesn't do that. And since she said that, which is a blatant lie, I tend to believe everything else she said if a fabrication too.

I have to say that everytime we use our DVC our guide calls to say hello and ask if there is anything he could do for us. We either speak in person or he leaves a message. He NEVER even hints about selling us more points. I think that review could be written by Debbie Downer from SNL.:rotfl2: And let me know when the Grand Villas go on sale for $400. a night.:lmao:

Wow, I'm feeling a little rejected.
We've taken 9 trips so far using DVC and never has my guide called. :confused3

Guess what, DH just told me last night that his parents called and wanted to do another family WDW trip in 2009!!! :eek: :scared1: :rotfl2:

Now THAT'S a nightmare! :lmao: :rotfl2: :laughing: :rotfl:

Or maybe - send them to Earl of Sandwich so then they'll be sick and you can go enjoy Mickey by yourself! :eek: :scared: :rolleyes1

Some people just don't get it. I mean they have an image in their mind of something and nothing is going to shake it and if any little thing happens they jump on it and blow it way out of proportion to justify their feelings. It sounds like this person decided prior to going they were not going to enjoy themself and they worked real hard at accomplishing it. If this review is true and I doubt it, it is clearly one not to be taken at face value...smjj

Actually we just got back from HH & we DID get a message from our sales rep. welcoming us to HH & wishing us a great vacation, but also to let us know he was sending out a packet regarding the new AKVs & he offered a little info. regarding the new villas. Not that it bothered me & it wasn't by any means pushy, but it does happen. This was our third visit to any Disney property as DVC members & the first call.

Me too!!! Just got back from OKW. There was a message on our phone too. Whatever... I didn't think anything of it.

My question: If most of the group had the dining plan (and they stayed in the GV), how did this poster NOT have the dining plan??

I totally picked up on that, too. They were staying in the GV together, right? Definitely a Universal person just stirring it up....

I am thankful that she was not with me in a Grand Villa on my trip! I sure fell sorry for the DVC owner that planned the trip at 11 months out, (probably) and then had all the unhappiness in the room. I am wondering how she didn't have the Dining plan, if the room did, must have not been listed on the reservation.

In all of those situations was......who? Hmmmm....I think I would have been
rude to her too. UGH! If this person never returns to WDW, who's going to
be upset? Anyone......? Anyone....? :thumbsup2

Yes, unhappy rude people attract the same to themselves by their nature. You reap what you sew.

It's funny how some people would do anything to get a FREE Meal, Hotel room, Car rental, Airplane tickets, Vacation, its ashame that they actually think that these Companies owes them. You dont act rude first to the waiter to get the waiter to act rude to you to get a free meal. If i was the waiter i would have charged them extra for the rudeness. :rotfl:

and yes, everytime we stay in a dvc resort whether we use our points or pay cash we always get a phone call from our guide, welcoming us home and asking if we need to add on. ;)

:rotfl: I think i would be disappointed if i didnt get my phone call everytime we stay, that is at least my guide can do since he OWES us for buying in and adding on twice......:lmao: otherwise i want 100 points FREE for any DVC resort for my guide being soooo rude!:laughing:

I think my mother in law must have written that "review".:laughing:

You know how I know she's lying about the Earl of Sandwich? Because there are always, always long lines in there, and the two times she brought up EOS, she didn't say anything about lines. And evidently she's got *issues* with lines:confused3

Evidently has *issues* with a lot of things-what a bummer to go through your whole life like that, huh.

Compassion people, I thought making fun and negative remarks about posted threads were a no no. Everyone is entitled to there thoughts, this person had a bad time. I think you all were wrong making fun of this person and her thread. This thread sounds like a cat fight.

If this thread's a mockin', don't come a knockin'!

If you really want some fun, you need to read some of the other reports on Trip Advisor for the various DVC resorts. They are almost as funny as this one.

I did like this comment, though:

No wonder they had problems at Universal. Too many drinky, winkys.

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing!
You think maybe they were on a liquid diet?!:lmao:
I think they should just skip Disney all together and hit their local tavern instead!

The only positive thing she said about the trip was renting from Alamo! I find this quite ironic, because they have been the only negative part of our trips before!:rotfl: We have rented from them twice and both times had a problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter