• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm laughing out loud at this OKW review....

I once read an OKW review on TUG where the person even took the screws out of the cover over the furnace filter and checked to make sure it was a new filter!!! They also reported other very tiny details like this that made me just shake my head in disbelief.

Thanks for sharing! :lmao:

I have to admit, this person is not alone in their feelings for WDW. Many people go there against their better wishes feeling that they "have to do Disney" for kids, friends, etc. Let's face it, if you bring a rotten attitude with you going in, you can probably find 100 things to complain about. Same for any trip to any destination, for that matter.

Funny how almost every CM was rude, in this person's opinion. My guess is they didn't jump high enough when he/she yelled "jump!". :rolleyes:

I hope the reviewer only goes to Universal in the future. Universal's "gain" will be our gain too! :thumbsup2

Yep, what you said Granny. We have very good friends who fall into the "we know we have to take the kids to Disney group." Their 6-year old daughter even remarked before their trip that they weren't interested in character meals because "those were just people in a mouse suite." I wonder who taught her that. After several false starts, they finally took a 4-day trip one July and came back complaining about the heat and rain.

I firmly believe it is all in the attitude and expectations. We've been at WDW when it was either unusually chilly (Christmas 05 for example) or raining every day (October 1999 for the Millenium Celebration kick-off) and a good time was had by all.

I once read an OKW review on TUG where the person even took the screws out of the cover over the furnace filter and checked to make sure it was a new filter!!! They also reported other very tiny details like this that made me just shake my head in disbelief.

Doesn't everyone? :rotfl2:

DebIreland,
Thank You So much for posting this! You made my day! That was HILLARIOUS.....especially YOUR comments! :lmao:
I just got back from OKW and I had a very different experience. This women seemed to have had a LOT of bad experiences. Hmmmm....I wonder why???:confused3

DebIreland,
Thank You So much for posting this! You made my day! That was HILLARIOUS.....especially YOUR comments! :lmao:
I just got back from OKW and I had a very different experience. This women seemed to have had a LOT of bad experiences. Hmmmm....I wonder why???:confused3

I totally agree with you!! :rotfl:
My first and only DVC experience was at OKW in january and I must say, my experience was totally different also. We loved it...I think I loved everything about it.:banana:

Thanks for the post....I just want to know what time of the year can you get a GV for $400.00 plus, per night???? That must be some large plus!!!:lmao:
I'm glad she would prefer US we don't want her at WDW:banana: :banana:

Loved the OP! I often use Trip Advisor, but I have to say - I laugh at some of the reviews. I am staying at the Sheraton Studio City for my first hotel when I go in Aug, and some reviewers have put 'I HATED the movie theme at this hotel'.... Don't people look at the hotel they're going to? The description says it has a movie theme, the photos clearly show it has a movie theme - why were these people suprised? :rotfl:

I found another whilst looking at the Grand Floridian - I hope you don't mind if I post on your thread? I think it might be the same person or a relation :teeth: I highlighted my fave parts too ;)

We had the unfortunate experience of staying last week at the Grand Floridian. For starters ..
1. We book the hotel because we wanted to be near our children so we could baby sit. We confirmed 3 time and when we arrived they had put us in 2 different buildings. It took 3 hours to fix it and we never got as close as we requested.
2. We booked and were quoted a price for 5 nights and only got 4 :confused3
3. Our $700 room was not cleaned until after 3:30 pm.
4. The noise in the halls was unbelievable the hotel has no sound proofing.
5. Do not buy the meal plan ..it is a fraud. they sold it saying you got breakfast, lunch and dinner..at the park or at the hotels.. it is really not a full breakfast lunch or dinner and we used up 2 dinners at breakfast before we realized what the package was. When they sell they do not send it to you or tell you what it is..
6. The parks is overcrowded ..they seem not to have limit on how many people the let into the park. Little children need to wait on line for 2 hours for a 5 minute ride.
7. We waited on line for food as well. People were not smiling in the Magic Kingdom. [This is my favourite :) How dare you people not smile at the Magic Kingdom! Enjoy yourselves goddammit!]
8. The service was generally rude and when people complained which they were..the hotel staff, park staff , servers all smirked.. What a vacation ? $1,000K for nothing ..repeating the same parade the same fireworks, the rides you cannot get on.. crowds since there are not limits.
Thinking of Disney vacation.. take the kids to Six Flags..lots more rides, food and the staft is nice take the $1,000 's you save and enjoy a real vacation..The Ritz Carlton is cheaper..

Why do people post? :confused3 :rotfl:

Can you imagine being the poor DVC'ers who were stuck with this babe! I don't mind people not liking Disney. Different strokes for different folks, but I do mind rudeness and whineyness (is that a word?).
I hope she didn't perform for the poor folks who invited her along.

We've been members for 14 years now, with over 50 different check-in's to a DVC resort.

NOT ONCE have I ever been called after checkin, by the sales staff, trying to sell me more points.

DVC just doesn't do that. And since she said that, which is a blatant lie, I tend to believe everything else she said if a fabrication too.

I have never, EVER received a call to upgrade my points. I will go even further to say that before I bought DVC, I rented points from a DVC member, and even as a non-member guest, I didn't recieve a call to learn about DVC. (I was expecting it, because I have traded out my Cape Cod timeshare, and when they see a non-owner, they want to invite you to check them out)

None of my family and friends that I have booked rooms for with DVC have ever received a call.

This OP is obviously a Universal fan who just wants the opportunity to bash Disney. Her feet were BLACK after walking across the floor? COME ON! Even some of the worst complainers about DVC ceanliness have never claimed that.

I like the fact that they must of really put up a stink about the wedding party to get a comped meal, but they go to Universal, and they are the trouble makers, and Universal was very kind to them......:lmao: :lmao:

This does not make me laugh, it makes me kind of ill. Scary that there are such miserable people in the world. Although, I notice she was only miserable in Disney, Universal makes her HAPPY. :rolleyes:

We've been members for 14 years now, with over 50 different check-in's to a DVC resort.

NOT ONCE have I ever been called after checkin, by the sales staff, trying to sell me more points.

DVC just doesn't do that. And since she said that, which is a blatant lie, I tend to believe everything else she said if a fabrication too.

Same here. Never got a call trying to sell more points.

However, nearly every stay at a Marriott timeshare or a Hilton timeshare has generated such a call.

As caskbill said, "Not once have we been called by DVC sales staff" Neither have we in our six years. Sometimes our guide will call and leave a message on our room phone for us just to say Hi and see if there's anything we need, but, she has never once tried to sell us more points, unless I initiated the call and she was just returning it.

I am so happy that you posted this. I've been trying to think about whether or not we have been called to buy more points...and I have to agree that we have not.

Still, we have initiated add ons twice while staying at a DVC resort, so our opinion of DVC is exactly opposite of OP's.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We have come back from the parks in the afternoon and found a phone message that informed us of the Members' meeting at (BWV, SSR, wherever they had it at the time) on Wednesday at 4PM (or whatever day and time) if we would like to come. That's it.

Thanks for the post it was a riot:lmao: !! I believe some people are just happy being unhappy. Whatever!! They will not be in my way while I am at WDW. I don't have to worry about them getting a reservation I want with DVC.

Wow, what a miserable person! How sad her life must be. I feel sorry for anyone who is that unhappy all the time.

$1,000K for nothing

$1,000k! They spend $1,000,000 on their vacation and then complained the DDP is overpriced ;)

For that price, I guess I'd be upset about not being the sole center of attention also.

And really, in truth the were able to only spend $1,000 while staying at the Grand Floridian and using the DDP? That's a sweet deal.

That along with a GV at OKW for $400 a night makes me sad I have such a good time. Apparently its those who will NEVER go back that get the deals.

[/QUOTE]The Parks: I hated Magic Kingdom [what?? :eek:] and if you were considering breakfest at Cinderella's Castle, skip it.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] The plan does not include beverages other than soft drinks and that's what the most expensive part of our meal was anyway. They lock you into their resturants and the counter serivce places have the same three options, chicken tenders, greasy cheesburger or hot dog. Not worth the value.[/QUOTE]

No wonder she hated the Magic Kingdom- you cant buy a yard of beer there! $9.50 for 3 feet of amber refreshment- now THAT'S a value!
I wonder if she also enjoys smoking while in line and spitting in public- I see a lot of that over at Universal- not so much at Disney- its a shame too with lines as long as they are. I particularly enjoyed how she omitted any positive experience at all, BUT included the part about her drunk and obnoxious family- really paints a picture for you, doesn't it?
:rotfl2:

We have come back from the parks in the afternoon and found a phone message that informed us of the Members' meeting at (BWV, SSR, wherever they had it at the time) on Wednesday at 4PM (or whatever day and time) if we would like to come. That's it.

My parents are the actual DVC owners, we've never gotten a call if we've stayed on their "dime" (Points), when we've traveled with them, and they've never mentioned it when they've come back from a trip.

They have added on once, so you'd think they'd see a window (especially when we stay on their points).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter