I'm NEVER staying home for March Break again! FINISHED 07/17 Just in time!

March 24, 2012, Part 2: Checking out of Hojo.

One our way back to the hotel to check out, we did a little more shopping. I found another cute shirt to buy.

Untitled by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I stopped and Blanche had to pry my fingers off a palm tree. I’m going to get a better palm tree picture in Florida. This one was hard to get to because I didn’t want to step in the plants.

Getting our luggage to check out and store until we came back from the parks.

Our last chance to see our view.

Then I stepped outside to get a few more shots.

Me with our view in the background.

Blanche is good at driving the cart.

March 24, 2012, Part 3: California Adventure time

We had to see Aladdin, so off we went to walk to the parks for the last time.

The apple on the ground reminded me of the Evil Queen from Snow White. Don’t touch it, it’s poison!!!

Want a good corn dog?

March 24, 2012, Part 4: Aladdin

Be prepared! (For tons of Aladdin pictures, not Lion King pictures, but still…)

One jump…

Sure… feed the girl a stolen apple!

Ooh… he likes me, and he doesn’t know I’m a princess!

This picture reminds me of the scene from Dirty Dancing…

March, 24, 2012, Part 5: More Aladdin

Prince Ali!

March 24, 2012, Part 6: Bye Disney’s California Adventure! I will miss you!

We went back for another corn dog. Blanche is really looking forward to trying one in WDW to see if it’s any good. I know we both liked the Corn Dog Castle ones.

I had gotten a Frozen Lemonade Cup at one point. It was yummy.

After our last DCA corn dog, we decided to head over to DL to try to ride a few last rides.

Here’s the Evil Queen (Regina!) from Snow White. Maybe it was her apple we’d seen earlier.

This little girl was so cute looking through the fence.

Window decorations.

March 24, 2012, Part 7: Sleepy Beauty Castle walkthrough

We started to do the Castle walkthrough, but Blanche realized there were too many stairs, so she waited for me while I went through taking many pictures. Here you go Blanche, this is what you missed:

March 24, 2012, Part 8: Last of my Disneyland visit

You can see the crowds growing here. Everything had too long of a wait, I couldn’t do BTMRR, POTC or HM again. I was sad.

Goodbye DL.

Goodbye Mickey bench.

Goodbye DL walk back to my hotel…

Goodbye cute bus.

Goodbye fun recycle bins.

And, as you can imagine, I was crying… just a little bit! Not too bad. Blanche laughed at me and said “Don’t say goodbye. Say see you later because now that you love it, you know you’ll be back!” So yep, I will be back to California another day and I WILL get back to DL for sure.

I still can’t get used to seeing the Disney CMs on the buses, or outside McDonalds, wearing their costumes!

Bye hotel!

We got our things and waited for the bus. We had to transfer at the Disneyland hotel, but it was not hard. It was tough waiting for the bus. Once I was ready to go, I felt like “okay, I want to be home. Let’s go. NOW” Otherwise it would have been “I’m not going. Nope, staying here!”

We got to the airport and got some food at the Wolfgang Puck Express. It was not as good as the food at the WPE in DTD in WDW, but it was food. Before we got food, I saw another family from my church! What are the odds!

Eventually we figured our flight should be there, and found out after a bit that the flight was delayed by about one hour. It was enough of a problem that we missed our connection in Toronto. We ended up trying to get on standby to Charlottetown, but we didn’t get on it. The family from Church did. They were lucky. They were actually placed on it, while we were given tickets going to Halifax, Nova Scotia that night (we had landed at about 6:30 in the morning) landing around 1:30 or so, and then getting a 9:00 am flight to PEI. Um, what will I do with my class in the morning? (Oh, and I had to pay extra GST at the airport, but not a lot, maybe $25) We ended up flying standby to Moncton, New Brunswick and my parents came and picked us up. I slept most of the way home on the airplanes. I hadn’t realized how tired I was. Our luggage wasn’t on the plane (we figured that because our luggage didn’t make its way out after we didn’t get on the first flight).

All in all, the trip was lovely. I love California, the tour, Disneyland Resort etc. I did not like being cold. The coldest day went down to 7 and the hottest was 27, but it didn’t feel like it. It felt like high teens, low twenties to me. Next time I go, it’s going to be SUMMER!

I’m sorry I got so rushed in the end and had less writing. I tend to get that way. Next time, I’ll try harder!

I’m off to WDW in the morning, so I’ll be taking notes (I have a little journal set aside already in my carry on!) and getting ready to write my trip report! No laptops are coming with us, so there will not be any pictures. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and we have ADRs for Rainforest Café (desert to share), Via Napoli (because I want to try their pizza and we hear the staff is… well, nice to look at! Hahahaha, 50s Prime Time (I hope either we can share the delicious chicken, or I can get a ½ order) and 1900 Park Fair. We bought the QSDP because we love the convenience of having it out of the way and paid for. Last time it was free, so we probably will not like it quite as much! I’ll post a link to my TR here whenever I get started. I’m so excited… I keep thinking I’ll be at DTD at this time tomorrow, or I’ll be checked in at this time, or soon it will be “I’ll be watching Fantasmic! At this time tomorrow!!!)

March 24, 2012 Purchases

Fantasia (at the Disneyland hotel)

I bought two pairs of earrings. Total with taxes was $28.98.

At Vault 28 I bought a cute top. $37.66 with taxes.

It’s crazy because I normally wouldn’t spend that much on a shirt, but for a cute Minnie Mouse or Tinkerbell or Mickey or…. Etc, I would! Hahaha

Thanks for reading!

One of the best trip reports ever. We are making our first DL visit next month and I have loved looking at all of the pics. Can't wait to read your WDW report.

I really enjoyed reading about your trip. Hopefully we can have warmer weather for you next time.

Please link your WDW trip report to this so I can find it?popcorn::

I really enjoyed your TR and all the great pics!:thumbsup2 Thank you for writing it have fun in WDW!

P.S. I love the use of the golden girls names!!

Thank you for taking the time to create this report, we really enjoyed following it. Hope you have an awesome time in Florida!

Glad you enjoyed it! Maybe I should have written some French in there too. ;)

One of the best trip reports ever. We are making our first DL visit next month and I have loved looking at all of the pics. Can't wait to read your WDW report.

Thanks. :blush: I hope you have a great time at DL. I so want to go back. I've been home from WDW for a week, and I'm looking at ways to get back to a Disney Park! Disneyland, WDW, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, I'm not picky! :lmao:

I really enjoyed reading about your trip. Hopefully we can have warmer weather for you next time.

Please link your WDW trip report to this so I can find it?popcorn::

Thanks! I hope it's warmer the next time I go too! :thumbsup2 I will be back though, I loved it!!! I will definitely post a link to my TR when I get started. It might not be for a bit though, I have some pictures to edit first (I did a wedding last week!!! :scared:) plus all the editing. I also have a photobook that I pre-payed for, and it expires in 2 weeks, so I need to do my Disneyland photobook too.

I really enjoyed your TR and all the great pics!:thumbsup2 Thank you for writing it have fun in WDW!

P.S. I love the use of the golden girls names!!

Thanks! We're quite fun when we get together, or at least we think we are! :rotfl: So we like to use the Golden Girls names.

I love the photobooks and the calendars. I made my niece a calendar of every picture she has ever given me of her then 2 year old son. I have made calendars and photobooks for different trips and such. Fun stuff!!

I look forward to reading it when you get a chance to start it. I hope you had a good time!!

I love the photobooks and the calendars. I made my niece a calendar of every picture she has ever given me of her then 2 year old son. I have made calendars and photobooks for different trips and such. Fun stuff!!

I look forward to reading it when you get a chance to start it. I hope you had a good time!!

Isn't it fun making books and calendars? So much more fun than sticking pictures in the old sticky albums! :rotfl:

I've finished my two Disneyland photobooks, and the wedding cd is almost ready. I had another photoshoot of a family the other day (I sound like a pro, but it's all volunteer and they pay us if they like- we are just always sure to say we're not pros!!! We are just learning after all.) that's almost done too.

My classroom was sad that I wasn't there and cried. Yes, my ceiling pipes leaked and the ceiling tiles collapsed. I had everything in the middle of my room as per directions from custodial/admin staff. And that's where it all collapsed! :rotfl2: So my room won't be ready for a while. I might just need to start a trip report instead! ;)

Isn't it fun making books and calendars? So much more fun than sticking pictures in the old sticky albums! :rotfl:

I've finished my two Disneyland photobooks, and the wedding cd is almost ready. I had another photoshoot of a family the other day (I sound like a pro, but it's all volunteer and they pay us if they like- we are just always sure to say we're not pros!!! We are just learning after all.) that's almost done too.

My classroom was sad that I wasn't there and cried. Yes, my ceiling pipes leaked and the ceiling tiles collapsed. I had everything in the middle of my room as per directions from custodial/admin staff. And that's where it all collapsed! :rotfl2: So my room won't be ready for a while. I might just need to start a trip report instead! ;)

The scope for your imagination is unbelievable when you do them this way. But I do enjoy scrap booking too!!

It sounds like you enjoy doing the photo shoots and that is what matters.

Oh no your poor classroom!! You will definitely be busy fixing it up. I will read your trip report if you start one!!

I just got done reading your whole trip report, LOVED it all! Especially enjoyed all of the pictures, they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

The scope for your imagination is unbelievable when you do them this way. But I do enjoy scrap booking too!!

It sounds like you enjoy doing the photo shoots and that is what matters.

Oh no your poor classroom!! You will definitely be busy fixing it up. I will read your trip report if you start one!!

It wasn't too, too bad. My chair got soaked, and a little table, as well as some posters and bulletin board items, a book shelf and chart paper. The chart paper and tons of posters etc had to be thrown out. My chair is okay, a book shelf is bubbly and kind of ruined, but it still works, and it was cheap. The little table is actually an old cable roll that looks like a spool of thread and I painted Mickey heads on it. It's still okay, but I forgot about it until it got rolled back to my room yesterday and now I'm not sure where to put it! And the kids come tomorrow. :rotfl: Oh well. We'll figure something out.

I just got done reading your whole trip report, LOVED it all! Especially enjoyed all of the pictures, they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading! And thanks on the pictures. I really do love taking pictures.

Come on over and join my newest Trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter