In search of my body...not the one I ate! Part Deux... We sit at the popular table!

Kat, you were just singing in the choir, thats all.

I never did answer your question on this one... I sang in my college choir, and in a few when I lived in Chicago. I am going to audition for a local one in August when they open it up again. I am a music-geek as well as a tech-geek, took 20 yrs of piano lessons as well as the choral thing.

I am even a "pro"... have gotten paid for accompanying, and am on two CDs (both released by my college, though).

See, something you didn't know about me! :laughing:

My vision is 20/2500 so even lasik will not get me to 20/20 and I am scared of not wearing contacts if something goes wrong...

I am *right* there with you on this one. I am about 20/2600, so same deal. Sucks. The last time I went to the eye doctor, the tech gave me the little green card, and said what can you read? I am like, you are kidding? I can tell it's green...

Tonight I did a hockey clinic and then played an hour of pickup hockey. Two hours on the ice, one of them a solid hour. We did all sorts of torture, including pulling someone else, throwing yourself to the ice and getting back up, etc. I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good weigh-in day!! This is TOM week (sorry Bryan), so I am likely not going to see good numbers.

Just came from the "old" table and feel so excited to be at the popular table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeptGirl - So glad your Mom got a good report from the dr. I can't imagine living with the unknown day to day

I am going to be offline tomorrow. Helping a friend who's inlaws have moved into assisted living but had a HUGE hoarding problem. A dumpster was delivered today and I am on the frist strike team. Wish me luck! I hear there are trails through the house that we can use, the rest is just packed.

I am doing much better and have been working on getting my craft/guest room back into order for my inlaws. It would have been ok, but we ripped the closet system out to put a new one in. All of that "stuff" in the closet had to come out and it was all over the room and spilling into the hallway. I have most of it put away. A bit to give away, recycle, throw out or move to other places in the house. All in all I am feeling pretty good about it :)

I'm off to watch CSI now, there is a new one tonight :banana:

Hi everyone!

Ok,....time for my little trip report.

Since gas is so expensive, we decided that we were going to carpool down here. Yes, 6 kids and 2 adults in one car (and our 3rd friend had to take her own car since she had to leave at a different time). We had TONS of stuff to keep the kids occupied on the 2.5 hour drive. DVD players, iPods, Leapsters, etc.

And for the most part it worked fine. Pretty quiet the WHOLE way down. Everyone was either plugged in or reading.

As I mentioned before, while I love my friend dearly, her kids....not so much. Well, the twins (just about 5) whine every other second. And can do NOTHING for themselves. It is SO SO SO annoying. It was hard to have a conversation b/c one of them was always whining, "Mommy, do this for me...I can't...." UGH. They are supposed to head to K in the fall and are totally not ready. She is clueless about this and thinks that they are right on target. They speak like 3 years olds....really.

So we get to the resort and pile out of the car to check in. Now with my kids, we have what we call "hotel manners." They know to be quiet in the lobby, hallways, common areas, etc. Her kids are just LOUD. Now mind you, they are actually good kids. They don't hit and they are good about sharing and all of that sort of thing. Just whiney and LOUD. So as we are walking in and her kids are just over the top, my little Kelly turns around and looks at me with her jaw dropped totally saying, "Can you believe how they are acting????" It was a site! I loved her for that look! (Ok, I love her to pieces all the time, but you know what I mean.)

The good news....this is a condo-style resort. It is actually a time share. So we have a 3-bedroom lock-off. We are in the lock off which is awesome! This means that we can close the door and we have our own separate little unit. Thank God. B/c I could not be with those kids 24/7. The unit is spacious and decent. Not as a nice as a DVC resort, but pretty close. I love the layout...two floors. The bedroom and one bath are upstairs (in a loft like area) and then we have a living room and kitchenette and another bath downstairs. So I am downstairs now getting caught up (here and with work) while the kids are snoozing up there.

Our room overlooks this huge pool (indoor) and atrium, so that is cool. Kids spent about 3 hours in the pool this afternoon, then we all came up, changed, had pizza for dinner, and we chatted while the kids watched Ratatouille.

Having three moms here is great. We don't even have to ask one another for help. Like I had to take a couple of kids to the bathroom earlier (while at the pool) and I didn't even have to ask the others to watch my kids while I went to the restroom. Automatically....I did the bathroom run, another mom watched the kids in the pool, while the third got snacks ready for everyone. Really nice to have support on a trip.

On the down side...they are party poopers tonight. Had only TWO drinks each and went to bed at 10:30-ish. Oh well. Still nice to be away.

Oh and since I probably won't be able to post tomorrow I sent in my weight to Dawn and can't wait to share the news. The new meds they put my on for my vertigo is a strong diuretic, I am down 5 pounds from last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excite, that wasn't the easiest loose ever. Now the real work begins

Hi Guys! -

Welcome Bryan & Brat! It's great to see new faces! (er well, user names, whatev).

So i got myself all worried that I would eat terribly at Cheesecake Factory for our meeting on Wednesday, I just got chicken, and then promptly became sicker than a dog for 2 days (i still don't feel right...). But on the positive, i'm down 6.5 lbs this week! It's amazing how that happens.. That makes me down 13.5 total from when i started, i get to upgrade my clippie!!!!! :banana:

Well, i'm running late this morning, i'll be back later.... Everyone have a great friday!!! :woohoo:

I'm DOWN 1.6 from last week and I'm so happy! I know it's not huge, but I haven't had improvement in sooo long. :cool1:

Oh and since I probably won't be able to post tomorrow I sent in my weight to Dawn and can't wait to share the news. The new meds they put my on for my vertigo is a strong diuretic, I am down 5 pounds from last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys! -

Welcome Bryan & Brat! It's great to see new faces! (er well, user names, whatev).

So i got myself all worried that I would eat terribly at Cheesecake Factory for our meeting on Wednesday, I just got chicken, and then promptly became sicker than a dog for 2 days (i still don't feel right...). But on the positive, i'm down 6.5 lbs this week! It's amazing how that happens.. That makes me down 13.5 total from when i started, i get to upgrade my clippie!!!!! :banana:

Well, i'm running late this morning, i'll be back later.... Everyone have a great friday!!! :woohoo:

Awesome for both of you!! :yay:

I am at 170.2 this morning. That is a 1.8 lb loss from last week. Considering this is TOM week, I am pretty happy with that number. That brings me to a total of 22 lbs lost since Feb 5, and a grand total of 47.8 lost since Feb of 2007.

Off to my staff meeting, hope everyone has a great day!!

I never did answer your question on this one... I sang in my college choir, and in a few when I lived in Chicago. I am going to audition for a local one in August when they open it up again. I am a music-geek as well as a tech-geek, took 20 yrs of piano lessons as well as the choral thing.

I am even a "pro"... have gotten paid for accompanying, and am on two CDs (both released by my college, though).

Kat, that's so neat. I'm a closet singer. My voice sounds good in my head, but if I hear it, like thru my daughters mic, well, "what the heck happened?":rotfl:

Looking back on your last casting call, I see you put "singing/playing music." I just never followed up on that one.

20 years of piano lessons! WOW! Do you have a piano now? Hubby and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE piano music. I'd love to be able to sit down and play, oh, pop music or holiday songs. You are a well rounded person.

I played the clarinet in junior high. Well, as you all know by now, I tend to screw around. We got the day out of school (awesome) to play in a parade at the Circleville Pumpkin Show. While lined up, I guess I was a little bored. I start winging my "rented" clarinet up into the air like a baton. Wing. Catch. Wing. Catch. Wing. Drop.

I broke a $75 mouthpiece. (and my mom and dad did NOT have $75) I had to march thru the parade, pretend playing as no sound was vibrating off that broken mouthpiece.

I am going to be offline tomorrow. Helping a friend who's inlaws have moved into assisted living but had a HUGE hoarding problem. A dumpster was delivered today and I am on the frist strike team. Wish me luck! I hear there are trails through the house that we can use, the rest is just packed.

Oh my. You are a good friend indeed. I think it's today, Oprah is going to revisit the lady who was a horder and they cleaned up her house. I'm interesed to see if she stuck with it.

Hi everyone!

Ok,....time for my little trip report.

Since gas is so expensive, we decided that we were going to carpool down here. Yes, 6 kids and 2 adults in one car (and our 3rd friend had to take her own car since she had to leave at a different time). We had TONS of stuff to keep the kids occupied on the 2.5 hour drive. DVD players, iPods, Leapsters, etc.

And for the most part it worked fine. Pretty quiet the WHOLE way down. Everyone was either plugged in or reading.

As I mentioned before, while I love my friend dearly, her kids....not so much. Well, the twins (just about 5) whine every other second. And can do NOTHING for themselves. It is SO SO SO annoying. It was hard to have a conversation b/c one of them was always whining, "Mommy, do this for me...I can't...." UGH. They are supposed to head to K in the fall and are totally not ready. She is clueless about this and thinks that they are right on target. They speak like 3 years olds....really.

So we get to the resort and pile out of the car to check in. Now with my kids, we have what we call "hotel manners." They know to be quiet in the lobby, hallways, common areas, etc. Her kids are just LOUD. Now mind you, they are actually good kids. They don't hit and they are good about sharing and all of that sort of thing. Just whiney and LOUD. So as we are walking in and her kids are just over the top, my little Kelly turns around and looks at me with her jaw dropped totally saying, "Can you believe how they are acting????" It was a site! I loved her for that look! (Ok, I love her to pieces all the time, but you know what I mean.)

The good news....this is a condo-style resort. It is actually a time share. So we have a 3-bedroom lock-off. We are in the lock off which is awesome! This means that we can close the door and we have our own separate little unit. Thank God. B/c I could not be with those kids 24/7. The unit is spacious and decent. Not as a nice as a DVC resort, but pretty close. I love the layout...two floors. The bedroom and one bath are upstairs (in a loft like area) and then we have a living room and kitchenette and another bath downstairs. So I am downstairs now getting caught up (here and with work) while the kids are snoozing up there.

Our room overlooks this huge pool (indoor) and atrium, so that is cool. Kids spent about 3 hours in the pool this afternoon, then we all came up, changed, had pizza for dinner, and we chatted while the kids watched Ratatouille.

Having three moms here is great. We don't even have to ask one another for help. Like I had to take a couple of kids to the bathroom earlier (while at the pool) and I didn't even have to ask the others to watch my kids while I went to the restroom. Automatically....I did the bathroom run, another mom watched the kids in the pool, while the third got snacks ready for everyone. Really nice to have support on a trip.

On the down side...they are party poopers tonight. Had only TWO drinks each and went to bed at 10:30-ish. Oh well. Still nice to be away.

Sounds like a good setup. Glad you got the lockoff. The monsters sound horrible. And the mom is dillusional. Even when the kids start school and are not thriving, she's not going to realize she might have something to do with it.

I understand why they went to bed early. I get to, on vacation too. When I'm home, there's always one more thing to do. On vacation, once everyone is relatively clean, in bed and the room is organized, well, go to bed.

(At least I organize my hotel room. Even make the beds in the morning. I know, I can't help myself. When grandma comes to Disney with us, I even throw her out of bed so I can make it before we leave the room. I say, "Go put your makeup on somewhere else old woman.":rotfl: (Hubbys grandma, and now mine:lovestruc )

The new meds they put my on for my vertigo is a strong diuretic, I am down 5 pounds from last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations. What is that medicine called? I think I have vertigo too.;)

But on the positive, i'm down 6.5 lbs this week! It's amazing how that happens.. That makes me down 13.5 total from when i started, i get to upgrade my clippie!!!!! :banana:

Good job on the weight loss.

I'm DOWN 1.6 from last week and I'm so happy! I know it's not huge, but I haven't had improvement in sooo long. :cool1:

You too, newbie.

That is a 1.8 lb loss from last week. Considering this is TOM week, I am pretty happy with that number. That brings me to a total of 22 lbs lost since Feb 5, and a grand total of 47.8 lost since Feb of 2007.

And you, losing even on an off week. I'm impressed.

WAIT A MINUTE. THIS IS A WEIGHT LOSS THREAD?
I think I'm in the wrong place.

Remember:

'A good friend will come bail you out of jail...
a true friend will be sitting next to you saying WE screwed up, but we had fun!'

1.6 is huge... don't sell yourself short... revel in the loss... you deserve it...:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :dance3:

Awesome for both of you!! :yay:

I am at 170.2 this morning. That is a 1.8 lb loss from last week. Considering this is TOM week, I am pretty happy with that number. That brings me to a total of 22 lbs lost since Feb 5, and a grand total of 47.8 lost since Feb of 2007.

Congrats on the loss... you will be in the 160's by what... Sunday at say 9:30AM??? :rotfl:

Kat, that's so neat. I'm a closet singer. My voice sounds good in my head, but if I hear it, like thru my daughters mic, well, "what the heck happened?":rotfl:

Looking back on your last casting call, I see you put "singing/playing music." I just never followed up on that one.

20 years of piano lessons! WOW! Do you have a piano now? Hubby and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE piano music. I'd love to be able to sit down and play, oh, pop music or holiday songs. You are a well rounded person.

I played the clarinet in junior high. Well, as you all know by now, I tend to screw around. We got the day out of school (awesome) to play in a parade at the Circleville Pumpkin Show. While lined up, I guess I was a little bored. I start winging my "rented" clarinet up into the air like a baton. Wing. Catch. Wing. Catch. Wing. Drop.

I broke a $75 mouthpiece. (and my mom and dad did NOT have $75) I had to march thru the parade, pretend playing as no sound was vibrating off that broken mouthpiece.

um... oops....:rotfl:

Oh my. You are a good friend indeed. I think it's today, Oprah is going to revisit the lady who was a horder and they cleaned up her house. I'm interesed to see if she stuck with it.

Sounds like a good setup. Glad you got the lockoff. The monsters sound horrible. And the mom is dillusional. Even when the kids start school and are not thriving, she's not going to realize she might have something to do with it.

I understand why they went to bed early. I get to, on vacation too. When I'm home, there's always one more thing to do. On vacation, once everyone is relatively clean, in bed and the room is organized, well, go to bed.

(At least I organize my hotel room. Even make the beds in the morning. I know, I can't help myself. When grandma comes to Disney with us, I even throw her out of bed so I can make it before we leave the room. I say, "Go put your makeup on somewhere else old woman.":rotfl: (Hubbys grandma, and now mine:lovestruc )

Congratulations. What is that medicine called? I think I have vertigo too.;)

Good job on the weight loss.

You too, newbie.

And you, losing even on an off week. I'm impressed.

WAIT A MINUTE. THIS IS A WEIGHT LOSS THREAD?
I think I'm in the wrong place.

It is... I know I am in the wrong place then....

goof

I was asked by my 6th grade church choir to hoin th ebell choir which is a nice way of saying "God doesn't want to hear your voice either.":lmao:

I am *right* there with you on this one. I am about 20/2600, so same deal. Sucks. The last time I went to the eye doctor, the tech gave me the little green card, and said what can you read? I am like, you are kidding? I can tell it's green...

I have massive panic attacks over being blind...this last time...the tech told me he had never seen someone so blind and I should feel privaleged...I said he should feel privaleged his man cans were not stapled to his forehead...

I cannot see anyone w/ out them in...sleep with them in all the time but I know I should not...counseling session 298 and 299...:rotfl2:

Tonight I did a hockey clinic and then played an hour of pickup hockey. Two hours on the ice, one of them a solid hour. We did all sorts of torture, including pulling someone else, throwing yourself to the ice and getting back up, etc. I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow.

Sounds like my type of excersize but I prefer to land on a softer place than the ice...yoohoo...Dan....:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Hope everyone has a good weigh-in day!! This is TOM week (sorry Bryan), so I am likely not going to see good numbers.

It is good to be in a good mood again...

All the kids are down at the pool and I snuck away back to the room for 5 minutes of peace and quiet. The terror twins were ok most of the morning, but the last hour has been brutal! One came up to me and just barked, "Apple!" I said, "excuse me?" "APPLE!" Me: "I don't think so." The fact that the kid was giving commands was bad enough, but now imagine the worst whiney voice to it. It is the whining that is getting to me, I tell ya.

Thanks for letting me do a quick vent. We are actually having a good time. If her kids knew how to speak, then it would be a great time. But seriously, even if they need something legitimate (help with something or whatever), it is said in this awful whiney way. Like one needed help buttoning her pants (and yeah, she is 5...but that is another story...) and she was trying to say to me, "Can you help me button my pants?" Now this should have been fine. But she was sceeching it...imagine how you would sound if a snake was slithering up your bare leg and you were freaking out and saying to get the snake off your leg. While, that was the tone with which this kid was saying to help her with he button. :headache:

Hey, I know most of you know my mom's story...fourth breast cancer diagnosis, in her lungs (no breasts left!) but looks, acts, and is being treated like breast cancer, did five rounds of chemo this time...etc etc

Well, she went to the doctor today to get back some test results. She is in what the doctor is calling a "good remission" which means no more chemo for now! This is a victory. She will take do hormone therapy instead. This is where she was four years ago, when Em was born. So, yeah! :cool1:

She will still be closely monitored, but we hope she will die with and not from this cancer.

Just wanted to let you all know!

Liz, that is great news!!! You and your family must be so relieved. I hope you are celebrating the good news this weekend. :hug:

In case we get locked and loaded...we will survive in this new chapter of our lives!!!

For those who are lost /new /clueless /lurkers /have been a member but forgot why/or drinkie drinkie a wee bit and forget they belong here on certain nights of the week :drinking1 ......

We had part one since the end of last year...have became fast & ferociously loyal friends in all aspects of our lives:hug: ...we encourage weight loss :yay: and laugh gain:lmao: ...and loads of love.:lovestruc

I am the proud starter of the original thread...but there is no one that is more or less important...we are a family. We all matter.:grouphug:

Please join us...or continue on our journey with you..as we all find our bodies and not the one we ate...

I'm a little late but I am here :goodvibes Thanks for starting Part II.

Is this where I sign in? Where is my reigistration packet?

Ok, so I got about 10 PMs from all of you! Which I love, but don't have time to respond to each one individually. So I will just state this to everyone:

Yes, I guess it is true that I feel like I know all of you much better than you know me. I guess I didn't think of that. Since I have read almost the entire thread (ok, so I skipped the purse and make up stuff...I am human, after all! I don't want to have my hetero-male card revoked!) I feel like I know all of you pretty well. I am happy to share myself with you as well, so I am sure that will be coming out in the next few days.

I love being at the popular table! Who wants to wear my football jersey???

:lmao: :lmao: You are going to fit right in with this bunch of lunatics.

Well I'm new and way behind, but hello! :)

Welcome, Bratt!!

And Brat Pack...I love your saying about guys wearing your shirt....
I had a shirt that said...
You do me and I owe you one

Yeah..got lots of free stuff wearing that dandy back in the day of hot summers and cold beer...and outdoor concerts... and OMG what kinda girl would wear something like that....It was not me...I swear occifer...:lmao:

I bet you were one popular gal :lmao: Glad to see you are back to your old self :hug:

See, something you didn't know about me!

Wow, you really are multi talented! Hockey player/singer/IT guru/workout queen. I admire people who can sing because lord knows it is not a talent I posess. A few months ago, I sang some kid song to my ds3 and when I was done he said, "MOmmy, that was terrible, you gave me a head break". :lmao:

It sounds like you play hockey with a bunch od sadists. How are you feeling today?

5lbs!!! Fantastic! A loss is a loss drug induced or otherwise. :thumbsup2

Hi Guys! -

That was a hard earnd 6.5lbs. I am sorry you got so sick. Do you think it was food poisoning?

Congrats on the loss! 1.6 is great. I would take any loss right now.

All that pain and suffering on the ice paid off. 47.8lbs...how great does that feel?

:lmao: You haven't changed much have you?

See....

Erika, I am glad you made it to the Cape safely and without a lot of issues on the drive there. Good luck tolerating the twins the rest of the trip. :scared:

Hopefully the other moms will stay up and play a little longer tonight. Have a drink or 5 for me.

did I mention that I am wearing a pair of jeans I haven't been able to fit into (well really couldn't breathe in) for the last 18 months...

I am so excited...

BTW - I will be out of town this weekend so I won't be checking in until sometime on Sunday night... also - wonders of wonders, I have a date on Sunday afternoon (yes - I almost forgot what those were...:rotfl2: ) so I will have an update for you all on that as well... Now I just need to figure out what to wear...

Goof

I also play the flute... haven't in years, though I still have one somewhere.

Yes, I have a piano. It is a digital version, since I used to move around a lot, but it is full-sized and looks/acts like an upright piano without the back. My parents have an upright that will someday be mine, and moving a piano is so much work, so I am happy with the digital.

My mom is a piano teacher (has an MA in Music Education), so she started us on lessons when we were very young. I took from her starting at age 4, and moved on to a different teacher at age 7.

I can play just about anything reasonable... I am no concert pianist or anything but I can get by. It has been a long while since I played on a regular basis, though, so I am a bit rusty.

Wow, you really are multi talented! Hockey player/singer/IT guru/workout queen. I admire people who can sing because lord knows it is not a talent I posess. A few months ago, I sang some kid song to my ds3 and when I was done he said, "MOmmy, that was terrible, you gave me a head break". :lmao:

It sounds like you play hockey with a bunch od sadists. How are you feeling today?

All that pain and suffering on the ice paid off. 47.8lbs...how great does that feel?

Thanks!! I am not a solo-type singer (my voice is only okay, not great) but I do really well in choirs because of an ability to blend/mimic the voices next to me.

Thursdays are DEFINITELY a bunch of sadists. We had a clinic to start with and they worked on killing us. One exercise is to start at one end of the rink, skate a few feet and literally throw yourself on the ice in a superman pose, roll completely over, then get back up and keep going. Owie. They were also making us pull each other across the ice with the one being pulled dragging their skate blade to provide even more resistance. Not exactly fair, since I am the only girl in the group! :laughing:

did I mention that I am wearing a pair of jeans I haven't been able to fit into (well really couldn't breathe in) for the last 18 months...

I am so excited...

BTW - I will be out of town this weekend so I won't be checking in until sometime on Sunday night... also - wonders of wonders, I have a date on Sunday afternoon (yes - I almost forgot what those were...:rotfl2: ) so I will have an update for you all on that as well... Now I just need to figure out what to wear...

Goof

YAY! And a DATE!!! You will have to fill us in on Monday....

Paula, we are here if you want to debate outfits with us! You know I love that!

Erika, have you tried whining back at them? Because that can shake the snot out of 'em. But you have to be funny about it, like...(whining voice) "I can't hear you when you whiiiine"....and then tickle them and usually they shape up. Or if they don't get on the clue train just be firm - "no whining, please. Just say what you want quietly so I can understand". I use that a lot with OPKs (other people's kids). I pretend I cannot understand them until they cut it out. Why do people let their kids whine? It's drives me batty. Are you drinking to cope? ;)

Okay, I read everything else but my brain is foggy from the head cold. Sucks! Oh, Dawn, you will appreciate this...tonight Greenie is hosting a ladies only party with adult toys...sorry, I didn't mean that the rest of you woudn't think it's a hoot. I've been before and they are a hoot. So, off to rest and then hoot. Vanilla vodka and Diet Coke, I think, for my drink tonight.

Will catch up later! If I am awake I'll go on AIM later.

I am so excited...
Back that @ss up! :cool1: You go girl!!!
Soooo...now we get to hear of the date when you disapear for a weekend and cannot be interogated...what is up with that??? I know where you live...;)
Goof

I also played the flute...and I also sucked at it...sucked asin was bad DWD...not your perverted version with a vacuum...and I hated it and I tried to lose it on the bus on accident every week but the baby puke brown case I was lucky enough to get with red velvet lining...gave me away. I finally took pride in last chair...I wanted to play the drums...my maiden name started witrh an E..so I called myself Dawn E after Sheena E from Prince fame....yeah...Dawn E with the flute and coke bottle glasses and crooked teeth...never really caught on...b@stards....:lmao: But now I play me a mean different flute.....;) Not much noise and no velvet lining...:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
Yes, I have a piano. It is a digital version, since I used to move around a lot, but it is full-sized and looks/acts like an upright piano without the back. My parents have an upright that will someday be mine, and moving a piano is so much work, so I am happy with the digital.

My mom is a piano teacher (has an MA in Music Education), so she started us on lessons when we were very young. I took from her starting at age 4, and moved on to a different teacher at age 7.

I can play just about anything reasonable... I am no concert pianist or anything but I can get by. It has been a long while since I played on a regular basis, though, so I am a bit rusty.

Thanks!! I am not a solo-type singer (my voice is only okay, not great) but I do really well in choirs because of an ability to blend/mimic the voices next to me.

Thursdays are DEFINITELY a bunch of sadists. We had a clinic to start with and they worked on killing us. One exercise is to start at one end of the rink, skate a few feet and literally throw yourself on the ice in a superman pose, roll completely over, then get back up and keep going. Owie. They were also making us pull each other across the ice with the one being pulled dragging their skate blade to provide even more resistance. Not exactly fair, since I am the only girl in the group! :laughing: So you are rolling around and being pulled by your hair by men???? What golden ticket did you get in your Wonka Bar???

Paula, we are here if you want to debate outfits with us! You know I love that!

Erika, have you tried whining back at them? Because that can shake the snot out of 'em. But you have to be funny about it, like...(whining voice) "I can't hear you when you whiiiine"....and then tickle them and usually they shape up. Or if they don't get on the clue train just be firm - "no whining, please. Just say what you want quietly so I can understand". I use that a lot with OPKs (other people's kids). I pretend I cannot understand them until they cut it out. Why do people let their kids whine? It's drives me batty. Are you drinking to cope? ;)
Okay...did daycare for 5 years with 12 kids a day...no whining allowed...agree with Liz in whining back..throw a little stomping in and some public humiliation from a parent/adult...gets their attention everytime...I also think the rule that..."I do not have whining ears" helped me out a lot..if they ask in a whining way..ignore and continue your business...explain the rule that you ears can't hear whining so if they want something please rephrase...then move on....giving Johnny an apple he asked for 10 minutes after Annoying Annie asked...willpiss em off enough that they will either start acting well or move them out of your solar system to someone who will give in...and I never cared who that was as long as they left me...kinda like insect spray...:woohoo:
Okay, I read everything else but my brain is foggy from the head cold. Sucks! Oh, Dawn, you will appreciate this...tonight Greenie is hosting a ladies only party with adult toys...sorry, I didn't mean that the rest of you woudn't think it's a hoot. I've been before and they are a hoot. So, off to rest and then hoot. Vanilla vodka and Diet Coke, I think, for my drink tonight.

Will catch up later! If I am awake I'll go on AIM later.

Adult toys should be stored in Tupperware...they do not go moldy...are not found with Fido's other chew toys...and what better way to keep them fresh until the next use...:rolleyes1

Thought for the day...cyberkids are QUIET! :rotfl2: :lmao: I would love my friends kids if I only interacted with them on the internet!

Thankfully, they are finally asleep...or at least thier mom is putting them to bed now so they are away from me and my kids. I praised my kids SO SO MUCH today. WOW! Nothing like vacationing with other families to make you appreciate your own. I have not had to discipline or correct any of my kids even once this entire trip...and they are having a blast!

I am so excited...

Goof

Fitting back into jeans AND a date?!?!? I pronounce you goddess of the weekend! WOO HOO! Both are pieces of exciting news!

Ok, first...I had missed this tidbit as well. I had no clue that you were all musical like! I palyed piano as a kid and then, of course, quit. Now...wow, I wish I had kept it up. I would love to be able to play. My middle kid plays piano and I sure hope she wants to stick with it.

Monday my a$$!!! She has to fill us in on Sunday...as soon as she gets back! This is the good stuff! Don't make us wait till Monday for it! :rotfl2:

Thanks for calming down a bit. I am pretty good with stuff like you mentioned, and had been doing it to start....but really, when ALL they do is whine, my coping skills go out the window. They honestly are just so used to whining that they no longer know what a regular voice is. :scared1: And today the little girl (boy-girl twins) feel down...not hard...no bruises or bleeding or anything. And she screamed and screamed like she had been run over by a truck. And the DRAMA--oh my! "Mommy...I can't walk! I can't walk! You have to carry me!" All said in the screaming whine.

My Kelly walks right over to her and says, "Maddi, you just fell down. You are fine. Get up because no one is going to carry you." Man I love that kid! :goodvibes My other 2 kids just keep asking, "Why are they so babyish???" They literally can't play for more than 10 minutes without running to their mom for some reason....whining or crying over something that happened.

Anyway, I have just decided that I am going to be the mean mom of the trip. We all agreed that any of the 3 of us adults could speak to anyone's kid who got out of line on the trip. So I am just giving these kids THE LOOK and making them be silent. Look out, the general is in town! :lmao: I made a rule...you are not allowed to speak AT ALL on the way down to the pool. If you do, you go back to the room and no pool for you. That shut the monsters up. And when they whine at me to help them with something (that they should be able to do), I tell them that they are big enough to do that on their own. They whine (of course) and say, "but I caaaaannnn't" and "you have to do it foooorrrrr meeeeee...." and I have just been sticking to my guns and said, "No, you can do it yourself or it won't get done at all...your choice."

Now I have some down time while everyone is getting kids ready for bed and so I can catch up. I don't have to get my kids ready for bed. Why? Because they can do sh*t for themselves!!! All of the kids here are between the ages of 4 - 8. (And the 4 year olds will be 5 in just a few weeks.) I mean, my kids can shower and dress themsevles.

Ok, rant over!

CONGRATS to all of you who lost! And me and DWD who never lose jack (I use that all the time, by the way!), well, at least we have fun here on this thread! :lmao: My victory was that I got up this morning and got my run in...yes, while on vacation I am still sticking to my running plan. But food...I am pretty much eating what I want.

Phew - I'm currently doing that quiz linked thorugh from the biggest loser season 5 thread...and I'm *shocked* by how many I am getting wrong!! :scared1:

goofyfan-12, congrats on your jeans milestone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter