• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Search of My Body....Not the One I ATE! Vol. 5: Goddesses are Always on Top!

Hell has a name and it is Little League. 3 kids, 3 different teams, on 3 different fields, in 3 different parts of town...all at the same time.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Well, with Nancy on vacation, LisaPR away for the marathon, Kat and Liz partying it up in Jersey, I guess we ARE a few down, eh?

Registered for my bike race this afternoon... It is real now... gulp... :eek: I am off to find a bike this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed that I find one that I like and can afford... I need to start really training for this since biking is so different than what I have been doing on the exercise bike on the gym.

How is everyone doing today? I am hungry... my calorie intake got cut from 1700 calories to 1500 calories this week so I am struggling with the loss of those 200 calories. It was basically my afternooon snack so I am totally jonsing for food right now (its about 4:15PM) and can't eat anything. :headache: Ugh...

Kat - have a safe trip.

Kat and Liz - Have a fabulous time and have a drink for me tonight!

Woo Hoo for the bike race! The calorie cut bites. Hang in there! Hope your adjustment phase isn't too bad.

Umm Kelly?? Where do you find this underwear? Is it in the undergarment-as-miracle section? Maybe one that secretly sucks fat away while you are sleeping?

Because, sign me up!! :laughing:

I agree! Kelly, why on Earth do you feel that you need to lose weight?? You look fabulous!

On a side note, I am doing my part at adding to the thread. Can't wait for version 6!

Hi everyone...

Hope Liz and Kat are having fun! Erika - sorry about the little league hell. Just think, with each passing day you are that much closer to the end of the season.

Made it through the upper body workout with only some difficulty. My hand grip likes to give up before the end of my workout. My back muscles are ready to keep going, but my hands aren't... very frustrating.

So - what plans does everyone have for this weekend?

Hey everyone...

Little D is keeping me super busy. I can not believe she will be 2 in just 2 months!!

I also re-engrossed myself in Harry Potter so I have been reading alot. I re-read book 6 since the movie is coming out this summer and went onto 7. There was so much I missed in Book 7 since I read it SO fast the first time because I was worried about who was going to die.

Kat and Liz--Have fun this weekend and kick some a$$ at the race! And at least 3 drinks each for me!

Paula--Have fun bike shopping! I will be interested to hear what you end up buying. Little D and I enjoyed some pool time after heer nap today. It is simply gorgeous down here. :goodvibes

Erika- That is one CRAZY little league schedule. :scared1:

We finished up the veggie garden last night. hopefully we will see some stuff popping up soon. Herbs are doing well.

Everything is on track this week. It is kinda scary. I expect to have some more good news in the weight loss department to post on Monday. Tried out Level 3 of shred tonight just for kicks. :scared1::scared1:I am very concerned about being able to walk tomorrow.

That's about all from here..

Cheers,
Amy

Forgot to post my weekend plans....

We are going on a boat on Saturday morning out to Anclote Key, which is a little island off the coast here. There is a lighthouse out there and this is the ONE weekend a year when they do tours out there. Most of the time it is not accessible unless you have your own boat, and even then, there are not tours given. So, we are taking a boat out in the morning from Tarpon Springs, and when we get back around lunch, we will enjoy some greek food and sangria. Tarpon springs has a major greek population and there are tons of restuarants.

Also plan on some pool time and maybe a get together with my BFF for some drinks.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Well, with Nancy on vacation, LisaPR away for the marathon, Kat and Liz partying it up in Jersey, I guess we ARE a few down, eh?

Hi! I'm here on my couch with Kat. The Canes just lost to the Devils. Sad Kat. Happy Nick.

Kat will be on in a few!

Here. :)

Everything went very well... left work at 4:15, was sitting at the gate by 4:30, plane actually got to Philly about 15 min early. We stopped for cheesesteaks (mm), and got here about 15-20 min ago.

Liz and I are anchoring two ends of the couch, currently. Keeping it from running away.

Hey All -

Still haven't had a chance to catch up all the way. Work and school has been atrocious for the last few weeks. and i'm swamped trying to get everything caught up/ahead before vacation in less than two weeks!!!!!!!!

If nothing else I will have a chance to relax while lying in a hammock at the Poly!

Only to then come home and pack up my whole life and move. Should get the closing date locked in in the next few days so, looking forward to that, then it is off to pick paint colors!

Hope everyone is doing well!

P.S..... why did i think that adding Grad School to my already way too busy schedule was a good idea!?!? :eek:

I am so happy that Kat and Liz are hanging together right now! And so bummed that I can't be there. If I could have made it work, I would have. It has nothing to do with J, btw. My own crazy hellishness right now. End of semester, start of little league, the lake house under construction, and a trip in 2 weeks...just no time for anything.

Just to prepare you, for the next 6 weeks, all of my posts are going to contain b*itching about baseball season. Except the times when I am boasting about one of the kid's performances in a game. Seriously, between all of the kids, there are 5 practices and 4 games each week. So 9 trips running to and from baseball alone.

And I start tennis next week. Not sure whether or not I will captain the team again this year. Cammie is still in spring soccer. Music lessons continue. I may pull Riley and Cam out of spring tennis (and just have them play in summer...not have them give it up all together). It is so crazy. And winter is relatively slow, so we just get SLAMMED when Spring finally arrives.

See? No possible way I got to get NJ. :sad2:

So I ran today. About 3.6 miles. And it went FINE. I am a bit sore, but really minor. I think if I only run every-other day, I should be ok. I won't push it and will stick to distances under 6 miles. (And hell, I don't even know if I could do 6 right now if I tried.)

So, I had to do all of the baseball running around earlier. And by the time I got the 3rd kid to the 3rd field, I had about 40 minutes before heading back to field # 1 to get kid # 1. So I parked at field # 3 and went for a run. I was really pleased with myself, as this was the only way I was going to get a run in today. And of course, all of the other moms were sitting there chatting, etc. And I just blew 'em all off and went for a run. Better use of time, no?

Having a GREAT work night tonight. Really ON.

Ok, so as I am sitting here working away, I am watching Twilight for the ump-teenth time. I just now realized that Stephenie Meyer has a cameo role! Duh. Now that I have seen her, she jumps right out.

And Amy--ever since you pointed it out, YES, I see where Edward gives Emmet the finger! (Totally ooc, but funny!) I miss the Cullens! Liz, you said you had a great FanFic for me...link!

And in case you were wondering, yes, I am determined to get us to the next thread single-handedly if need be! :rotfl2::lmao:

Ok, so I am putting the thread to be now. But if you people don't get your a$$es in gear tomorrow, I am going to flood the thread with tales of little league... :lmao:

And Amy--ever since you pointed it out, YES, I see where Edward gives Emmet the finger! (Totally ooc, but funny!) I miss the Cullens! Liz, you said you had a great FanFic for me...link!

I do not know of this - please tell :)

So, just a fly-by because Im at work!

Tonight is Wedding Reception Part 2 now the Bride and Groom are home - yep, they are having two wedding receptions - I guess this one is for people who weren't important enough to be invited to the actual wedding :rotfl2:

Which means I get to spend my Friday night with the IL's. It also means im not working tomorrow so I may or may not partake in some cocktails! :upsidedow

I do not know of this - please tell :)

So, just a fly-by because Im at work!

Tonight is Wedding Reception Part 2 now the Bride and Groom are home - yep, they are having two wedding receptions - I guess this one is for people who weren't important enough to be invited to the actual wedding :rotfl2:

Which means I get to spend my Friday night with the IL's. It also means im not working tomorrow so I may or may not partake in some cocktails! :upsidedow

Yes, tell me, too.

OHMYDUCKINGGOD

Another reception? I know this is done lots, I just have it in for this bride.

On the dresses -you looked lovely, Kelly! I gotta say though, white or ivory, it's all the same bridal fashion wise. Honestly, white's not "out" and ivory's not gauche. It's just options. She's super young, MIL, like the age of my friends :scared1: and I think she's just threatened by your presence in her family.

Anyhoo. Can not believe you have to go and celebrate these people again! But Greece sounds super nice.

I'm sitting here at my kitchen table. The kids are watching TV (mine and the one I drive to school) and Kat is asleep. I HOPE she's asleep. She has earplugs. Because Emily could wake the dead! Also, Emily is IN LOVE with Kat. She hugged her like 80 times and insisted on holding her hand and going in and out of the car on Kat's side. Too funny.

So, Erika, three fields, eh? That's insane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter