• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate, VOL 7! Princesses? Nope, just us Goddesses!

It was FABULOUS. I had a lamb shank, which was so tender you could cut with a fork, and melted in the mouth like butter, smashed garlic fried potatoes, and chocolate bundino cake for dessert. I have pictures but haven't uploaded them yet as I am still on phone internet until Sunday)

They haven't changed the look of the restaurant at all. The food, though... to die for. Probably among the best meals I have had at non-signature restaurants at WDW. :love:

Okay, off to crash. Long day (started at 4AM!!).

That sounds yummy. Glad you had a good time!

More roll calls, please...
Donald, Mickey and Goofy 2010?

Ronda - Donald

others?

Hi - I am not cool enough to be on page one, but I am most definitely here. I'm Paula, a single gal in upstate NY who is now an exercise freak when I wasn't before. Come join the fun.

Kat - glad you are having fun in the world!

Ronda - welcome home!

And you all should check out Paula's bling! Yup. That's right, she has lost over 70 pounds!!! (That is two of my kids! :lmao: )

Ok Donald Roll Call:

Ronda
Erika
(and I think that is it for right now?)

Mickey Roll Call:

Amy (amykab)
Erika

Goofy

Just lonely oll me. Seriously, I am the only one dumb enough to do it! :lmao:

If anyone else is planning on participating in Marathon Week-end, just let me know!

No kidding, Lyz.

It's Em's first day of school tomorrow - and September 11th. I feel like it's a weird day here to be starting school.

Kat - more reports!

Hi to anyone new!

And, for the record, Lisa and I waved to M&M World and didn't go in - we soo get points for that. :rotfl:

Man, you go to bed drunk one night after a day of Champagne and Cocktails and a whole new thread is started without you! :rotfl:

Liz - Good luck to Em on her first day of school :hug:

Everyone - Hi :flower3:

A fabulous day was had by all at the races - I did not win a penny! I am so bad at gambling it isn't even funny!
I had no major mishaps with the heels, I did stumble a few times but never actually hit the deck, so thats a plus! Oh, and I got my fascinator trapped in the bathroom door but that was easily fixed :lmao:

I will post a picture later when I get my camera cable from my mums, I look ok on the photo (plus I made my 1 year old niece be on the photo too) so Im ok with posting it!

Im off now to jump on the cross trainer!

Have a good day all :upsidedow

:lmao: at Kelly! Glad you had fun!

GOOD MORNING!

See? Back to waking up the thread and everything!

I have my long run today...I will report on that when I get back. If I survive, that is. :scared1:

Happy first day of Kindergarten to EM! Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

And it is Sept. 11th. Let's all take a moment to remember....

9-11-photo-2-smaller.jpg

LIZ--How are you doing today???

K In light of the new thread.....hiiii everyone I'm Cathie (wait for hiiiii cathie) and I'm sort of new here but I love it. On ww and I haven't lost as much weight so far as I'd hoped, butI have lost and so no matter what I am looking at that as a plus! (or is it a minus....hmmmm...:laughing:)

I live in a tiny redneck town with my parents while I get back up on my feet. Hope to be out in my own place again SOOON.

I work for Wellpoint as a claims adjudicator and special dental claims rep. I go to Metro State College full time and BOY it kicks my butt.

I have two kids...one is half black and white and the other is everything....oh did I mention they were cats? ;)

I have a 6/7 years boyfriend inbetween fiance that my friends here have nicknamed "the beyonce":thumbsup2

K I'm normally not this chipper in posting but I am leaving for vacation today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here! Posting from CSR, and from my phone.

Off to Kouzzina!
Yay Kat so glad you made it!

Man, you go to bed drunk one night after a day of Champagne and Cocktails and a whole new thread is started without you! :rotfl:

:lmao:

Okay all well here it is a bright and early 5:19 in beautiful Hudson Colorado. (I hate this town but today, everything's beautiful!) I leave my house in exactly 40 mins (it just turnend 5:20 :P)

I am so excited to leave this morning, I could eat my shorts! But then, of course, I'd have to actually have the courage to WEAR shorts first....yeah....about that.....

AHEM! I'll be posting sporadically from my blackberry and I HOPE *fingers crossed* that it has no character limit on it so hopefully every night I can tell you just what beyonce and I did and just how badly his parents annoyed us. :angel:

I'm hoping Emily has a great day at Kindergarten!

Spot on E for the rememberance post! I will never forget how we found out at work. I was a rep then, but wasn't on the phones. I was monitoring our dialer. I started noticing a huge increase in bad lines ('I'm sorry this number cannot be reached at this time'). Then I started getting reports from reps about it. Finally, Ava came to the Command Post and told me that she had a recording that said something about a tragedy in New York. Moments later, our local radio station announced what little they knew. This happened within a matter of about 5 minutes. SOP say that we have to wait for clients to tell us who to stop calling. I didn't wait. We stopped calling the entire Eastern time zone (since I didn't know how to get certain areas removed) and I interupted a managment meeting for help.

I know this is kind of a downer, but I think it's important to remember how we were touched.

GOOD MORNING LADIES!
This is short need to pack my gym bag. I have started working out at the gym three days a week, maybe more if I feel motivated.
So things are well here with me. Unfortunately I have gain back 13 pounds since moving into my house last year. So the GYM is a must and really need to get back on track with WW.
Kids are doing WELL, Sam is playing JV soccer this year, which is a "big" thing. If you play soccer in this town you are a god! This is soccer central!
The boys are enjoying school. Zac got the insulin pump this summer and it makes life so much easier.
I think STephen will have pulled out what hair he has left by the end of Samantha's teenage years! She asked to go on a "date" with a 17 year old, to a soccer game. Stephen said FINE but I meet him first and I agreed. So the date didn't happen cuz she wouldn't agree to it. Then I asked around about this boy and he got a girl pregnant last year and I thought Stephen was going to STROKE OUT! Then the other night I heard her talking on the phone @ midnight and it was with him.... I was like NO NO NO! No calls after 9 pm. Or I take the phone away!
LYZ Liz AMY AIMEE ERIKA! see what you have to look forward to! Ok need to go find some stuff for the gym bag!
talk to you all soon!:yay:

Amiee - Not a downer. A fact of life. I can't help but remember - I'm glad other people do.

I watch local news today, because they just cover it differently. Nothing against the major ones, as they are all here - Today, Good Morning America, (does CBS have a morning show??? ;) )

I do find it weird that my kid will have no memory of this - bc she wasn't born - but glad it won't be this horrible memory for her. My godson, who is 16, remembers. He and his mom and sister were waiting for his us to come home - I was with his dad in the city that day.

Do your schools talk about it? I'm curious.

Happy first day of Kindergarten to EM! Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

And it is Sept. 11th. Let's all take a moment to remember....

LIZ--How are you doing today???

Why do you ask? Kindergarten? 9/11? General state of my marriage? :lmao:

Pick one!

I'm not sad about Emily starting school. I'm excited for her. Walked her right into the classroom. Sad about Nick. It was not an easy morning. He was useless, I snapped, I apologized, but he's hurt/annoyed and I think I had a point about his uselessness. ;)

9/11 - I'm not sobbing, which is vast improvement of previous years. It's so unreal to me that 8 years ago I was on the train, on that perfect sunny day, wondering how a fire could look like that. And then I got off the train, walked up to my office in Times Square, and there it was, on the huge TVs. But the time I unlocked my door, we knew it was planes but not much more. And gathered in the conference room, watching, working the phones and IM to see where my friends were.

My life is so different now - and so are the lives of my friends who were there, and one of the women I know who lost her husband. Out of all my friends, only three are still working at the same place - taking those same trains in. But, today, they get to come home like normal. Thank God.

Amiee - Not a downer. A fact of life. I can't help but remember - I'm glad other people do.

I watch local news today, because they just cover it differently. Nothing against the major ones, as they are all here - Today, Good Morning America, (does CBS have a morning show??? ;) )

I do find it weird that my kid will have no memory of this - bc she wasn't born - but glad it won't be this horrible memory for her. My godson, who is 16, remembers. He and his mom and sister were waiting for his us to come home - I was with his dad in the city that day.

I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I'll answer anyway!
Our schools here do cover it, as do all the major TV channels. There is always a rememberance service - the main one being in London, but also in other cities too.

I will also never forget what I was doing that day - I was at work. As you know Im a travel agent so within 5 minutes our phones were ringing non-stop and every TV was on. Everything stopped whilst we watched the events unfold.

Everyone :hug:

Morning everyone. E - Thank's for starting this new chapter with such great word choices. Perfect!

My name is Dawn and I have three kids. One in college, one in high school and one in middle school. :worship:

I am planning a wedding for next summer and I need to get my head connected to my desire for a better me physically. On WW and starting walking again. (Nanacy I walked Ace last night at the river :thumbsup2)

FYI: Carsyn's doctor appt did not go very well yesterday. Not sure what is going on but the Interstim sems not to be working - leads are showing they are recieving signals but not with results for Carsyn.

Mtg with reps hopefully today from Medtronic and her doc to see what the plan is. She is just beyond angry and sad and emotional and since Chad is of zero help here - I am getting the brunt of her emotions. I am going to the Y this morning by myself. I was supposed to go to WW with Jodi but she bailed and I weighed myself and the scale shows down 2 pounds. So my food is going okay but need to excersize, motivated to excersize and with Carsyn, Baylor's football game this afternoon and work stuff - It will not happen any other time today. I can go to WW tom. morning instead but I need to get in the habbit of daily excersize and if I do not learn to rearrange my life to make it the priority - nothing will change.

For me - the fact that it was 9/11 today sparked something this morning. There are so many that can't change their lives and what happened to them that is beyond horrific and I can change this. Totally in my control.

At the Mall of America there is a new statue for the families and victims of 9/11. One of the key people in bringing down the plane in that farm field is from Bloomington, MN and yesterday when I was there, there was a dozen white roses in a vase at the base of the memorial. Stopped me in my tracks and again, a reminder that for so many people, the names that are read off are more than just that. They are memories of great times and dreams of memories that will never be.

I have to tell you, it's good to be back here. After taking the summer off and floundering, I'm feeling strong.

It's Em's first day of school tomorrow - and September 11th. I feel like it's a weird day here to be starting school.

We'll need a pic! (fb?)

And, for the record, Lisa and I waved to M&M World and didn't go in - we soo get points for that. :rotfl:

Points. Schmoints.

Oh, and I got my fascinator trapped in the bathroom door but that was easily fixed :lmao:

I can't believe no one asked about his yet!!!!

Kelly, what, pray tell, is your "fascinator?" I think there must be a translation issue, cause I've never gotten MY Fascinator trapped in the bathroom door. Have you Nancy?

K I'm normally not this chipper in posting but I am leaving for vacation today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay all well here it is a bright and early 5:19 in beautiful Hudson Colorado. (I hate this town but today, everything's beautiful!) I leave my house in exactly 40 mins (it just turnend 5:20 :P)

I am so excited to leave this morning, I could eat my shorts! But then, of course, I'd have to actually have the courage to WEAR shorts first....yeah....about that.....

AHEM! I'll be posting sporadically from my blackberry and I HOPE *fingers crossed* that it has no character limit on it so hopefully every night I can tell you just what beyonce and I did and just how badly his parents annoyed us. :angel:

Cathie - your excitement is contageous!!! Have fun.

She asked to go on a "date" with a 17 year old, to a soccer game. Stephen said FINE but I meet him first and I agreed. So the date didn't happen cuz she wouldn't agree to it. Then I asked around about this boy and he got a girl pregnant last year and I thought Stephen was going to STROKE OUT! Then the other night I heard her talking on the phone @ midnight and it was with him.... I was like NO NO NO! No calls after 9 pm. Or I take the phone away!

NO dating till 16! That's the rules.

Maddi brought it up at dinner last night, and she's only 6, so they are definately talking about it at school. Molli was in kindergarten in 2001.

I'm not sad about Emily starting school. I'm excited for her. Walked her right into the classroom.

That's cause she's YOU. Miss Independence.

Sad about Nick. It was not an easy morning. He was useless, I snapped, I apologized, but he's hurt/annoyed and I think I had a point about his uselessness. ;)

Yes!!! Yes, to pointing it out. Yes, to being sad about the whole exchange.

9/11 - I'm not sobbing, which is vast improvement of previous years. It's so unreal to me that 8 years ago I was on the train, on that perfect sunny day, wondering how a fire could look like that. And then I got off the train, walked up to my office in Times Square, and there it was, on the huge TVs. But the time I unlocked my door, we knew it was planes but not much more. And gathered in the conference room, watching, working the phones and IM to see where my friends were.

My life is so different now - and so are the lives of my friends who were there, and one of the women I know who lost her husband. Out of all my friends, only three are still working at the same place - taking those same trains in. But, today, they get to come home like normal. Thank God.

Liz, I got an email just a couple days ago. It was just released aerial photographs of 9/11. Having now been to NYC, I get the hugeness of it all in a way I didn't before. I thought of you. So close.

but I need to get in the habbit of daily excersize and if I do not learn to rearrange my life to make it the priority - nothing will change.

WORD!!!

For me - the fact that it was 9/11 today sparked something this morning. There are so many that can't change their lives and what happened to them that is beyond horrific and I can change this. Totally in my control.

Double WORD!!!

I went to a 9/11 fireman ceremony in our local park today. Sobering.

And you all should check out Paula's bling! Yup. That's right, she has lost over 70 pounds!!! (That is two of my kids! :lmao: )

Ok Donald Roll Call:

Ronda
Erika
(and I think that is it for right now?)

Mickey Roll Call:

Amy (amykab)
Erika

Goofy

Just lonely oll me. Seriously, I am the only one dumb enough to do it! :lmao:

If anyone else is planning on participating in Marathon Week-end, just let me know!

two of your kids??? That is one way of looking at it. When I hit the fifty pound mark, I had equated that to our dog since that is what he weighed...

I believe they call it Goofy for a reason. Just sayin'.

WORD!!!

Good morning! Today is one of those funky days. I am excited about the big birthday tomorrow, but also sad because I am remembering what happened eight years ago. Such a life changing event. Remember today is a day of rememberance and of service so try to get out there and do something for someone else today and think of all those families that are still coping with the events of that day.

Kelly - glad you had a great time at Ladies Day. Can't wait to see the pics.

Cathie - safe travels!

Liz - good luck with Em's first day at school. Wierd that she is starting on a Friday, but there it is.

Steph - yeah for going to the gym. What are you doing there? I want details.

Dawn - hope Carsyn's docs find a solution quick.

Hi to everyone else....

Hope everyone has a great day. I am looking forward to a day of catching up on my paperwork at the office. Strange that I am looking forward to paperwork I know, but I am a little goofy in that respect. Off to dinner tonight with my family. My aunt and uncle are in town from Atlanta so it will be nice to see them again. Then the birthday celebrations begin....

Sadly, no, our schools don't seem to be talking about it at all. I will be interested to hear what the kids have to say when they get home. Our local news will mention it, of course, tonight. But there has been no "build up" so to speak. One of the planes originated here in Maine, so there were many people here directly affected.

The fire fighters held a memorial service in the park this morning, but the only way I knew about it was because I happened to drive by. No publicity or anything like that.

Steph, welcome back!

Scheduled for 11:30, so I am getting ready. 60-70 minutes or so. We'll see how it goes. Loading my iPod now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter