Indiana Jones - down again?

gypsy_at_heart

DIS Veteran
I haven’t been to Disneyland in many years (I’ve been going to Disney world), so I have to ask - is it common for the Indy ride to keep shutting down?

When I went to DL more regularly, years ago, I never noticed any sort of problem, but I’ve made three fast passes for it today and it’s gone down each time.

It goes down a lot due to the ride system. If the cars get to close to one another the system shuts down. It usually comes back online within a few hours.

It goes down a lot due to the ride system. If the cars get to close to one another the system shuts down. It usually comes back online within a few hours.

That seems like something that should be back up in like half an hour, even if they need to walk the track, cycle the cars a few times, and reopen the queue...

I’ve always wondered why it goes down for hours at a time, and why Disney hasn’t been able to improve on that. If it’s anything that requires an engineer out there that’s got to be resource heavy. If it’s something that can be solved just by the CMs on location, I can’t figure out why it takes so long...

That seems like something that should be back up in like half an hour, even if they need to walk the track, cycle the cars a few times, and reopen the queue...

I’ve always wondered why it goes down for hours at a time, and why Disney hasn’t been able to improve on that. If it’s anything that requires an engineer out there that’s got to be resource heavy. If it’s something that can be solved just by the CMs on location, I can’t figure out why it takes so long...

I listened to a podcast about the ride a few years ago and it is an incredibly complicated system. Every single car is constantly varying speed. You never get the same ride twice and with slow loading and off loading of cars is where the problems come in. The reboot process is also very complicated and time consuming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter