Insomniacs unite

Good morning prayer to all. The time change always throws me off. Prayers tbe rest of you do ok with it. I wish we would stick with one time always. I believe regardless of any clock, God decides on morning and night. Restful prayers to all:grouphug:

I’ve been up since 4 too or is it 3 since we put the clock back?
Maybe it's 5:00, since we actually put the clocks forward? :goodvibes I completely forgot and just now realized it's was 7:30, not 6:30, when I got out of bed. We're not going to make it to church this morning. DH is still asleep and I don't have the heart to wake him and try to scramble us out the door.

Maybe it's 5:00, since we actually put the clocks forward? :goodvibes I completely forgot and just now realized it's was 7:30, not 6:30, when I got out of bed. We're not going to make it to church this morning. DH is still asleep and I don't have the heart to wake him and try to scramble us out the door.
Let’s hope the Lord doesn’t roll over and go back to sleep when we need him!
I’m honestly just kidding!

Oh boy. I’ve definitely done that and I was a Sunday school teacher and in the choir so it just made it worse. I’m sure God is laughing since changing the time wasn't his idea!
Hope the rest of the day goes better!

I've been very lucky - for whatever reason now that the clocks changed I am getting a good night of sleep again.

Kind of odd since the two weeks before that I was in Disney\Universal and not sleeping well at all - even though I was doing 35K steps a day and going from rope drop to close - and that is 11PM some days at Disney\Epcot.
So even after those days I was waking up at 4\5am - very odd to say the least.

Good luck to everyone - ill probably be back when the clocks change again :(

What pills do you guys take?
Personally I try to avoid anything like that - I've tried the ZZZQuil and they don't really work well for me but they do for some others I know

Sleepy is back to being wonky, I’m sure that has to do with having an ankle sprain. 🙄 Hoping tonight is better as the swelling goes down…

I've been very lucky - for whatever reason now that the clocks changed I am getting a good night of sleep again.

Kind of odd since the two weeks before that I was in Disney\Universal and not sleeping well at all - even though I was doing 35K steps a day and going from rope drop to close - and that is 11PM some days at Disney\Epcot.
So even after those days I was waking up at 4\5am - very odd to say the least.

Good luck to everyone - ill probably be back when the clocks change again :(

Personally I try to avoid anything like that - I've tried the ZZZQuil and they don't really work well for me but they do for some others I know
That’s terrific! Long may it continue. I’ve tried melatonin, Benadryl and Effexor which was working until they swapped for a generic which makes me grind my teeth. I’m using a noise machine and trying to avoid caffeine but still up at 3 every night!

Of course, friends :)

What sometimes helps me is enjoying a warm, very small (6oz or so) mug of hot chocolate. I have also tried sleep inducing stories, videos, and music, none of which do anything at all for me. I think for me the issue is because I am currently dealing with feet pain, a longer-term issue, that God willing will be resolved at last within the next month, my sleeping cycle has been completely thrown off. I do sleep better during the day as I have shared either in our recliner chair or here at the kitchen table using a throw blanket as a pillow than I do in the recliner chair at night. Not able to use my bed right now due to a Velcro boot on my left foot. It is a challenge to get and stay comfortable wearing this boot! Leg and foot definitely get sore. I also know at night I am trying so hard to sleep so that my beloved elderly dad can get some rest that, that makes it harder, too. My body just knows I am so wanting to go to sleep, not as natural. I sure have come to appreciate the blessing of all sleep night or day! I would always appreciate any natural sleep help tips or ideas. Peaceful night and dream prayers to all with much care.

Bought Calm supplement at Mother’s Market today. I’ve used it in the past, so hoping that a magnesium boost will help with my sleep.

After 20 plus years on the boards, I hardly think leaving is the answer to mob mentality and keyboard warriors. I have many, many awesome friends that I don't want to lose.

I appreciate your opinion, but respectfully disagree.

Insomnia hit last night for the first time in a while. Cat memes helped resolve 😂
I left for like 8 years and came back when I was planning a trip. Discovered you and other nice people here on Community boards and decided to hang around. I quit FB, Insta and Twit. But I kept this and Pinterest (for DD wedding plans, funny stuff and more recipes than I will ever find time to try!). I’ve discovered what saves my sanity is when I come across some halfwit with a keyboard that ypu can select Ignore and never need to see a word they post again. It’s like a wee pixie wand. :tink:
Cat memes? How does this work? Like counting sheep? We need details.
I managed an actual 8 hours last night. I woke to the smell of DH making his own breakfast. He said good afternoon when I wandered down at 5:30. I feel like I’ve slept through half the day. lol

Of course, friends :)

What sometimes helps me is enjoying a warm, very small (6oz or so) mug of hot chocolate. I have also tried sleep inducing stories, videos, and music, none of which do anything at all for me. I think for me the issue is because I am currently dealing with feet pain, a longer-term issue, that God willing will be resolved at last within the next month, my sleeping cycle has been completely thrown off. I do sleep better during the day as I have shared either in our recliner chair or here at the kitchen table using a throw blanket as a pillow than I do in the recliner chair at night. Not able to use my bed right now due to a Velcro boot on my left foot. It is a challenge to get and stay comfortable wearing this boot! Leg and foot definitely get sore. I also know at night I am trying so hard to sleep so that my beloved elderly dad can get some rest that, that makes it harder, too. My body just knows I am so wanting to go to sleep, not as natural. I sure have come to appreciate the blessing of all sleep night or day! I would always appreciate any natural sleep help tips or ideas. Peaceful night and dream prayers to all with much care.
Do you feel short of breath? Sleeping at the table or in a recliner is how my dad was sleeping without realizing it was to help his breathing. I hope you can get the boot off soon. If it’s really uncomfortable call the doctor because there may be another option.

Thanks dear, Snowwhite. God Bless your dad. Thank God, I don't have any true breathing issues. I honestly think right now daytime sleeping/resting has become more natural because I'm not trying so hard to sleep. I will be calling 4 mobile podiatrists today. God willing one will come see me and help make a difference to me healing wise. I would love to safely say goodbye to the boot! I will post an update. Thank you and everyone else so much for your prayer and friendship:grouphug:

Caring hug and prayer, Happy Monday to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter