Insomniacs unite

Nice.

Stayed up till 10 and still woke at 2:45... Was hoping to sleep later if I stayed up later...no such luck.

I'm getting about 5 hour a night regardless of what I do.
When you wake up, do you stay in bed or get up? I’ve been making myself stay in bed and often I fall asleep again, after more than an hour of being awake. I still feel tired when I get up for work, but it’s better than when I get up in the middle of the night.
Hopefully, you’ll start getting 6 hours a night and then go up from there.

When you wake up, do you stay in bed or get up? I’ve been making myself stay in bed and often I fall asleep again, after more than an hour of being awake. I still feel tired when I get up for work, but it’s better than when I get up in the middle of the night.
Hopefully, you’ll start getting 6 hours a night and then go up from there.
Thanks - Yeah - if I am still awake after an hour ill get up.

It's rare ill fall back to sleep , but on occasion, and even if I don't that hour or so of rest is a plus.

...Thankful for all of these suggestions here, ANYTHING to help stay asleep/go to sleep is appreciated.
:flower3: Maybe you've already thought of this, but if you haven't, try covering ALL the sources of LED light in your room. From your phone, to the alarm clock display right down to the little red or blue dots on your TV and smoke detector, if you have one. It's actually pretty startling how bright they are and it's been proven that exposure to LED light suppresses the natural production and absorption of melatonin.

I don't particularly have trouble sleeping, but even so, doing this was game-changing for me. I now find it difficult to sleep in hotel rooms when I can't cover them all.

Last edited:
Loving prayers and hugs to all. Sleep to me sure is a blessing. The last few nights have been a little harder for me to sleep. Grateful extra to God for all rest night and day. I may have shared that I am recuperating from 2 broken toes. God willing, within the next couple weeks I can finally be rid of the Velcro boot on my left foot. As you can imagine after all this time--a couple months+ I am so ready to part with it if it can safely go! Dad and I have been renting a recliner chair for me which is very expensive for us but sure has been a huge blessing indeed, no complaints. The boot does make sleeping more of a challenge at times as does the cooler for here in LA weather. My left lower leg seems to get sore quicker and that makes being restful harder. God's Grace, I do sleep, some hours a day actually here at the kitchen table using a throw blanket as a pillow. I have tried sleep videos, music, stories, counting backwards, lol, none of which work for me. I would always appreciate any tips as well. Thank you. Sweet Dreams. Hugs.

Last edited:
Loving prayers and hugs to all. Sleep to me sure is a blessing. The last few nights have been a little harder for me do sleep. Grateful extra to God for all rest night and day. I may have shared that I am recuperating from 2 broken toes. God willing, within the next couple weeks I can finally be rid of the Velcro boot on my left foot. As you can imagine after all this time--a couple months+ I am so ready to part with it if it can safely go! Dad and I have been renting a recliner chair for me which is very expensive for us but sure has been a huge blessing indeed, no complaints. The boot does make sleeping more of a challenge at times as does the cooler for here in LA weather. My left lower leg seems to get sore quicker and that makes being restful harder. God's Grace, I do sleep, some hours a day actually here at the kitchen table using a throw blanket as a pillow. I have tried sleep videos, music, stories, counting backwards, lol, none of which work for me. I would always appreciate any tips as well. Thank you. Sweet Dreams. Hugs.
Thanks Dumbo. I haven't felt like myself since the boards turned so nasty. Thank you for your sweet cards and I promise to respond soon. Love, EKsmama

I haven't felt like myself since the boards turned so nasty.
Can I ask why you stay if the board is making you feel this way? I actually think the Community section has quietness down massively since most of us have gone across to the Controversial board (and even it is very calm IMO).

If something is causing undue stress then only you can remedy it, ie leave? You can still keep in contact with friends outside of the boards - without any angst.

I made the mistake of taking Zzzquil last night. Slept for 4 hours, then off and on from 1am. I’ve been fighting a cold for a few weeks and my workout routine is off. Going to try to get some exercise today and see if that helps with my sleep pattern tonight. 💤😴🥱

Can I ask why you stay if the board is making you feel this way? I actually think the Community section has quietness down massively since most of us have gone across to the Controversial board (and even it is very calm IMO).

If something is causing undue stress then only you can remedy it, ie leave? You can still keep in contact with friends outside of the boards - without any angst.
After 20 plus years on the boards, I hardly think leaving is the answer to mob mentality and keyboard warriors. I have many, many awesome friends that I don't want to lose.

I appreciate your opinion, but respectfully disagree.

Insomnia hit last night for the first time in a while. Cat memes helped resolve 😂

You made my heart happy. ❤️

And the cat meme peeps.... I Know right!!! Cat memes and videos put me right to sleep.
After trying and failing to meet her 6 times in the past year and a half I broke down and got a CRT reservation, which is where she has been meeting lately. Thank goodness she was there, otherwise my husband vowed to never pay for another character meal if she wasn't.

You made my heart happy.
Awwwww thanks ☺️

Woke up to use the bathroom and we had no power. I had no idea what time it is (it’s raining so hard to tell) got up to check my phone to make sure I didn’t oversleep (I’ve never overslept ) and it was 3:30. Then I was up. It’s gonna be a long day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter