iPhone pics only - show me your best!

Nhebron

DIS Veteran
I am debating only taking my iPhone on my next trip vs my Sony RX100 or DSLR.

Can you show me your iPhone pics...the ones you think are really awesome

I am debating only taking my iPhone on my next trip vs my Sony RX100 or DSLR.
Can you show me your iPhone pics...the ones you think are really awesome

I'm not sure other people showing their cell phone pics will help you in your decision.
Wouldn't it be better for you to take a photo with your iphone and sony camera and DSLR camera and then compare which one is really awesome?

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

I'm not sure other people showing their cell phone pics will help you in your decision.
Wouldn't it be better for you to take a photo with your iphone and sony camera and DSLR camera and then compare which one is really awesome?

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless
I agree. If I was contemplating this decision, I would take a variety of shots in different lighting conditions with each of the cameras and compare full screen on the computer.

Thanks. I think you are correct and will do some testing! Although I was thinking about Disney pics, particularly nightime shots, which I won't be able to test until I get there. Need to find opportunities to simulate conditions like local fireworks.

After I posted this thread, I later thought it was a stupid question but couldn't figure out how to delete the thread. But I appreciate the responses!

Thanks. I think you are correct and will do some testing! Although I was thinking about Disney pics, particularly nightime shots, which I won't be able to test until I get there. Need to find opportunities to simulate conditions like local fireworks.

After I posted this thread, I later thought it was a stupid question but couldn't figure out how to delete the thread. But I appreciate the responses!
It didn't seem stupid to me!

The newest iphones are fantastic...
Other cameras may have more "potential"... but if you are shooting in auto modes. If you would be sticking to the kit lens on the dSLR..

Then the newest phones will honestly produce images just as good, if not better.

Take even something like fireworks -- To get great fireworks shots, you need a tripod and you need to know how to manually set the camera.
But if you would just be taking a quick auto handheld shot of fireworks with your dSLR... then a phone will perform just as well if not better.

Take a look here for the potential of iphone 7 pics:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/3016845@N25/pool/

Compared to a "real" camera -- You may not be able to make massive prints. You will lose any ability to zoom in and out. (Well, the iphone 7plus actually kinda has 2x zoom).
And the camera definitely has less "potential" than a real camera. But conversely, the iphones can actually perform better in auto than the real cameras.

I'm the wrong person to ask... I take two DSLR's and multiple lenses. However, I love this shot from the top of Splash.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 17
All from iPhone 6S+. FWIW, at least for me, low light and indoor shots are not good with this device. Not happy at all unless good lighting available. Did some post process (PhotoShop Elements) on Town Sq. Theater on my PC to clean up the shadows and was happier with it but this one is straight out of phone.
IMG_2675.JPG IMG_2677.JPGIMG_2678.JPGIMG_2759.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_2614.JPG One more just before sunset at Pandora. Couldn't resist taking this one. NO post process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter