Is anyone else unable to access their Magic Bands on the MDE?

I've been trying to order mine for the last 5 days. All it does is take me to my old active ones. I really don't need them but I wanted to order my AP ones to get the slider.

I’m not sure if they’ve caught up yet, but there were recent reports of the AP sliders being “out of stock.” The AP bands were shipped with a little note apologizing, out of stock, or something along those lines.

I've been trying to order mine for the last 5 days. All it does is take me to my old active ones. I really don't need them but I wanted to order my AP ones to get the slider.
For what it's worth, when I ordered my AP one, there was a card that came in the box saying that the slider was out of stock.

For what it's worth, when I ordered my AP one, there was a card that came in the box saying that the slider was out of stock.
That's why I have been waiting. Just found out they are back in stock and then the site goes crazy. Go figure.

I did just notice that the band order for my April DVC trip are no longer showing up, but that they do show up for my October non-DVC trip.

I had the same problem as a lot of you. I did the online chat that pops up on the website and they were able to fix it. The process took about 5 minutes. Just explain how you aren’t able to access the Magic Bands customization page and they will get it fixed for you.

Just tried again, still not working. I’ll definitely give the online chat a shot a little later today. Thanks for the tip!

I called IT a couple days ago in order to get my AP band as it was missing from the band/card page (heard sliders are back in stock at least in the parks so wanted to order it ASAP), and they added the band back. I also have a Pop stay coming up, and it is still missing. Once the IT guy added my AP back I customized and it's already on it's way. So, if something is missing it is a relatively quick fix. I'll just let my Pop one stay missing for awhile to see if it appears on its own, I'd decline it anyway.

I had this issue too. Should have been showing 2 pending magicband orders, but nothing was listed at all, and I had already customized both orders months ago. Like someone said above, I used the chat help box and it was fixed in just a few minutes! Thanks for the tip here!

My ability to customize my magicbands has been down for sometime. I booked in early Jan. I finally called IT today (15 min on hold which is why i was putting it off). Anyhow, she fixed it really quick. Told me all reservations that were made before the issue happened didn't all get automatically corrected, so most ppl will have to call. Any new resvs after the fix should be fine.

My ability to customize my magicbands has been down for sometime. I booked in early Jan. I finally called IT today (15 min on hold which is why i was putting it off). Anyhow, she fixed it really quick. Told me all reservations that were made before the issue happened didn't all get automatically corrected, so most ppl will have to call. Any new resvs after the fix should be fine.

I jut got mine and my parents fixed using the chat feature in less than 5 minutes. Very magical and friendly as well!

I jut got mine and my parents fixed using the chat feature in less than 5 minutes. Very magical and friendly as well!
That was the first thing I tried, but the CM had no clue how to help me and told me to call. Not so magical, but still friendly :-)

I have 4 upcoming hotel stays (I know, I should have realized getting APs was going to cost us more than what it’s saving) and since I had declined MBs for last year’s trip, I decided to customize the first set. But, when I went in yesterday, it was only showing customization options for the last two trips. I chatted with a CM who was able to fix it and I was able to customize our MBs for the first trip. I had 6 days left to customize. I would suggest to contact a CM via chat if your deadline is approaching and you can not customize or decline the MBs. Also, if you have MBs that are less than 2 year old, they will work just fine for pics and tap points.

Last edited:
I had the experience where the ability to customize my bands did not show up until I completed online check in. When I went through the check in process it defaulted me to declining the bands. Once I unchecked that box and finished online check in, the ability to customize my bands reappeared in my magicbands section. I thought it was strange.

I had the experience where the ability to customize my bands did not show up until I completed online check in. When I went through the check in process it defaulted me to declining the bands. Once I unchecked that box and finished online check in, the ability to customize my bands reappeared in my magicbands section. I thought it was strange.

There has been a similar discussion in a DVC thread where it was also discovered to work after online check-in was completed.

Possibly wondering if it is not a glitch and they are trying to direct traffic through the online check-in process?

Last edited:
I've been having this issue too. I'll probably try the chat feature or updating my online check in first. However...I currently have to open the site in an incognito window because just opening it in Chrome doesn't allow me to access My Plans at all. I sign in and the page just refreshes and then reverts back to the login page. It's stuck in a loop. :upsidedow

Update!:: Updating my online check-in fixed the the magic band link.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter