• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New update from the Queen..

H & M officially no longer working members of the Royal Family. Effective Spring 2020

Will no longer be referred to as HRH. but simply as Harry Duke of Sussex and Meghan Dutchess of Sussex

Will repay the costs of the Refurb of Frogmore Cottage and it will remain their private residence in the UK - their home base there

Charles will continue to fund/support the couple, once William takes over Charles’ role it will be up to him if he continues that funding...

This all happened very quickly 😳

Sounds good. Personally, I think the entire family should lose their HRH standing. Having to bow to anyone is an insult to humanity. "Your highness"?....oh, bite me.

That's an awfully defeating statement. And her hubby doesn't want to be trapped anymore. So what's the problem?
Actually it sounds like her husband wants the trappings but not the responsibility.

Big difference.
We’re not talking about two 18 year old kids here. We’re talking about a 35 year old man and a 37 year old woman. If his excessive reactions to his current life are still based on what happened when he was 12, then he needs to continue his therapy to get himself to the point where he can be a grown up. And she needs to put on her big girl pants and deal with the tradition that she married in to, without all the BS of “I didn’t know who he was” and “I didn’t know what it entailed”. She wasn’t living under a rock. She knew who he was, she knew the traditions, she knew the story.

I’m far from a Hollywood celebrity but I could have told you that marrying into the a Royal life means that at least a portion of your life is not your own. Harry has at least 2 previous girlfriends where the relationship ended because they couldn’t deal with the Royal bubble. She had to have heard those stories from him and if not, a simple google search could have given her all the information she needed.

Im not giving either one a pass. They’ve both dropped the ball.

New update from the Queen..

H & M officially no longer working members of the Royal Family. Effective Spring 2020

Will no longer be referred to as HRH. but simply as Harry Duke of Sussex and Meghan Dutchess of Sussex

Will repay the costs of the Refurb of Frogmore Cottage and it will remain their private residence in the UK - their home base there

Charles will continue to fund/support the couple, once William takes over Charles’ role it will be up to him if he continues that funding...

This all happened very quickly 😳

The Queen supposedly said she wanted this resolved "in days, not weeks."

Did anybody really think Charles would cut off Harry's allowance?

Actually it sounds like her husband wants the trappings but not the responsibility.

Big difference.
We’re not talking about two 18 year old kids here. We’re talking about a 35 year old man and a 37 year old woman. If his excessive reactions to his current life are still based on what happened when he was 12, then he needs to continue his therapy to get himself to the point where he can be a grown up. And she needs to put on her big girl pants and deal with the tradition that she married in to, without all the BS of “I didn’t know who he was” and “I didn’t know what it entailed”. She wasn’t living under a rock. She knew who he was, she knew the traditions, she knew the story.

I’m far from a Hollywood celebrity but I could have told you that marrying into the a Royal life means that at least a portion of your life is not your own. Harry has at least 2 previous girlfriends where the relationship ended because they couldn’t deal with the Royal bubble. She had to have heard those stories from him and if not, a simple google search could have given her all the information she needed.

Im not giving either one a pass. They’ve both dropped the ball.

Well if they aren't getting a pass from Disney Doll, then they must be totally wrong. :rolleyes1

Anyhow...anyone notice how the queen's statement said they've been talking about this for months? And are they actually losing their titles or just not using them?

Wow, H&M got a pretty sweet deal out of this. They pay a relatively small fee so no one can complain about who covered the cost of renovations and get everything else given to them, it seems. I’m not sure the bit about Charles covering expenses until William takes over is all that meaningful. Wouldn’t it always have been William’s decision whether to pay his brother’s way once he was king?
Finally!!! The TRUE story is revealed. Harry and Meghan didn't quit of their own accord.

I love how they got the actual photo of Wills banishing H&M.

View attachment 465988
This is hysterical! I heard they were able to get that photo because the royal fight took place in a Nando’s parking lot. :rotfl2: Head’s up, the Queen is dying, too.

D’oh! :rotfl2: I can’t believe no one caught that sooner!
I thought it seemed a little light for a 97 year old 🤦‍♀️ but it didn't come out and bite me in the butt! :laughing:
I'd pay $20K extra for tea and crumpets with Camilla.
I could see you two getting along! Camilla, by all reports, has a wicked sense of humor, too!
With their wallets. Don't the buy the rags that take the invasive pictures, don't read the gossip columns, and sites.
People WANT to see the gossip and back and forth! Not unlike here! :lmao: And I don't say that to be mean, but let's face it, people read and use social media as a diversion to their own stressful lives and that type of thing can be very entertaining. So it's tough to get people to not buy trashy magazines and tabloids.

And btw Diana, Meghan and Harry also are pretty good at USING them for their benefit when they want to. Diana would call them to be there at certain times or places to promote herself or her work, even after her divorce. Meghan and her people (yes, she does have people advising and promoting her) did it just this past week on a three occasions to show herself off at women's charities.
First of all, it's not automatic. Read some what has been said about her over the past year. I realize understanding what I said requires thoughtfulness. I'm curious what you find unlikable about her. You don't know her or her husband. Finding someone unlikable based on your outsider perceptions...well that's kind of smug.
What I don't understand about this theory is the requirement that people must "know" someone in order to like or dislike them. I don't find it realistic. As others have mentioned, opinions are formed based on lots of things. In Meghan's case, as I said before, people loved her. Just look at how many rejoiced at their engagement (those pictures sold LOTS of magazines), tuned into their wedding (again, same, as well as souveniers)), and anxiously awaited the birth of their child, etc. It was only after more and more information filtered out that a dislike started to set in. And I don't believe it was all just because of the "tabloids". We had enough evidence directly from Meghan and Harry themselves via pictures and interviews and such.

I was actually pretty neutral for a long time about her, even though the situation with her father felt very sad to me (knowing he might not be here much longer), but when she said nobody cared about her in October during the African tour interview, I had a very hard time swallowing that given the irony of the situation with him (which I already posted about a few days ago, i.e. via their conversations that are now part of public court records because of HER lawsuit). He'd come close losing his life (no, it wasn't just made up!) in part due to the stress he was under from her sudden and immense notoriety, yet she hadn't gone to see him or reach out to him, only criticized him. That put me over to the Dislike side, and seeing her in food kitchens does nothing to change that view for me given that she still hasn't seen her Dad nor introduced him to his own grandchild, etc. Her race has nothing to do with it whatsoever, and really, it feels insulting to hear that when there are so many other factors involved. (Not to mention that I personally don't care about the color of someone's skin or their religion or their preferences or any of that; I only care if someone is a good person. You and I as nurses know and live this as we take care of everyone to the best of our ability regardless.) So I don't get the "have to know" part. (I could say more about the hatred we see in our own press for people we don't personally know, but I'll leave it at that.)

So Harry and Meghan still won't be independent....leeching off the family they loathe. I don't think the folks in Sussex will be happy they keep the title. Not sure, the Brits will like H&M keeping Frogmore either. Maybe, some backlash against the Royal family? Guess that was the pay off to shut them up and preserve the monarchy.

The big question now, is, will they get to collect on royalties using their "Sussex Royal" copyrights given that they are still the Duke and Duchess of Sussex?

If so, that will NOT sit well with the people of the UK!

I imagine there was LOTS of handwringing over this!

Well...you figured it out. I'm of royalty. Anyway....

You can't help who you fall in love with. Having to prepare for this kind of marriage is kind of a drag. The monarchy has been in need of an adjustment for a while. So bring it on.

As for the "blindsiding"....we don't know how it all went down. And maybe it was necessary. This is a family that made his mother miserable and he didn't want to give them time to be in control and make things difficult for them. Think of it like Katie Holmes getting a divorce from Tom Cruise. Doing it slowly and with protocol would have been detrimental to her. Calculating and preparing did her and her daughter a lot of good. And no I am not suggesting the royal family is anywhere near as insane as Tom Cruise.

Us not knowing is why I said “if”. I don’t think it was necessary. And I don’t think it was anything g like a woman needing to get away from her husband due to abuse or mental instability.

The monarchy needing some adjustments is all well and good and I don’t disagree or actually agree. The monarchy is what it is and has been for a long time. Changes and adjustments have come over the years. But most of those have been from within and she didn’t arrive as “within”. Takes a couple of years. She needed to learn what it was all about before trying to change things. She would have been received a lot better. Diana brought about change but did it while trying to play by the rules.

As for helping who you fall in love with—oh please, she wasn’t trying to not fall in love with him. And I am not saying she should have. She just needed to learn just what his life was really about. And if she couldn’t handle it then before the wedding and the baby would ha e been the time to discuss it.

And none of that makes it ok or excuses her mistreating her own or Kate’s staff. Or lying about knowing who Harry is. Or not getting along with his only brother that he has seemed to be very close to.

By all reports, Meghan was a big fan of Diana's at some point in her life before she met Harry. She was also a bit of a history buff and supposedly even studied the history of the royal family, maybe when she visited England at age 15.

46C7761A00000578-5126431-A_15_year_old_Meghan_Markle_poses_in_front_of_Buckingham_Palace_-a-1_1511909109421.jpg

You can have an opinion without being hateful...see Pea-N-Me's posts. Yes, I believe lots of racism played a part in the horrible comments said about MM. I never said anyone was racist for not agreeing with me. The defensiveness of those that didn't agree with was...interesting to say the least. So why judge her on the lack of relationships with her dysfunctional family members and not on the relationship with her mom, stylists, and other friends? I saw more friends in her bridal party than I did in Kate's.
Well I can say that racism 100% played no role for me when I made my uneducated more negative leaning opinion of her. This was before I even realized she was black! Call me ignorant but it much later when her mother came up in the press that I even realized was was mixed race. Now I see the ethincity because I know, but to me she looked like a darker skinned white person, maybe italien. What turned many off was the whole actress, social climbing thing.

The big question now, is, will they get to collect on royalties using their "Sussex Royal" copyrights given that they are still the Duke and Duchess of Sussex?

If so, that will NOT sit well with the people of the UK!

I imagine there was LOTS of handwringing over this!
my thought too just now.. as are they keeping the D&D titles? Then they still are "royal".. I mean he is by birth.. But she got the good deal in the end.. Freedom, but I have my royal title card..

By all reports, Meghan was a big fan of Diana's at some point in her life before she met Harry. She was also a bit of a history buff and supposedly even studied the history of the royal family, maybe when she visited England at age 15.

46C7761A00000578-5126431-A_15_year_old_Meghan_Markle_poses_in_front_of_Buckingham_Palace_-a-1_1511909109421.jpg
And visit photos like the above add to my bull pucky response that she didn't know who Harry was.
Anyway, it's a new day. I hope they are happier living a low key private life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter