Is POTC down? EDITED - now with park pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Sometimes I'll check attraction wait times via the app as I will Sunday to roll around faster. I noticed this morning and just a moment ago that POTC was temporarily closed. Does anybody know what's up? Is this simply a temporary outage or is there something more going on?

Last edited:
It’s been down off and on since Monday. It ran early morning Tuesday then broke down again (we were on it at the time, but they got us out without walking). A CM told me that while doing maintenance on an animatronic they used too much hydraulic oil which leaked into the water and has caused problems since.

We were stuck on it for a half hour last Friday. Finally got walked out. Was not a good start to our day! They did give us two free fast passes apiece for our troubles at least.

Oh gosh, I hope they get this resolved soon! I arrive 2 weeks from today, and pirates is my absolute, hands down favorite!

It’s been down off and on since Monday. It ran early morning Tuesday then broke down again (we were on it at the time, but they got us out without walking). A CM told me that while doing maintenance on an animatronic they used too much hydraulic oil which leaked into the water and has caused problems since.

We got the same answer Monday (Oil in the water). That sounds like a real mess.

My sister got stuck on it this week for about an hour she said (though she has been known to exaggerate). But she said it was cool to walk up the waterfall area. She sent me a pic of it.
View attachment 384251

Thanks for the pic. I love it! I often look off to the side as we climb that last hill and wonder what it would be like to walk up it.

UPDATE: Yesterday the app indicated that POTC was closed temporarily. As of 2:30 Friday afternoon, it's simply shown as "Closed." As others have observed, I hope this is corrected soon. We'll be at the park Sunday morning. A day at DL without a ride on POTC always feels incomplete.

POTC closed2.jpg

Last edited:
I am here now. Pirates was down all of yesterday and today. Hoping it’s back up tomorrow.

As of this moment, Pirates is listed as open with a 5-minute wait! :)
Yes, I saw that early this morning (yea!). But then a short time later I saw that it's been temporarily closed since late this morning (boo!). I'll be there tomorrow around 9:30 and will report if I learn anything.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter