Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

I think Disney wants to make the parks as fun and mainstreamed as possible to people all around the world. And IP's whether you like it or not (I do) are recognizable things that excite even non Disney fans. Look at how many Star Wars and Marvel fans they are now able to bring in with their new developments.

I would love it if they do the door coaster, but I’m not sure if they have enough space for it with Star Wars’ land and its resort being so close. It has been rumored for so long though it seems like it will never happen. Like the Tower of Terror featuring the Golden Girls.

I've heard from a family member that all three restaurant or bar locations will get a complete makeovers. "Harryhausens" and "Hidden City Café" will take the places of "Mama Melrose" and "Baseline". There's no word on what the quick service will be, but it looks like it will remain a pizza place. It's being kicked around that it could be Monsters University themed.

I heard that they are going to have only 2 attractions in this section of the park. One is Monsters Laugh Floor, the other is still being discussed. They are deciding between going big or remaining small. It will probably be related to the door scenes in the movie. Where the riders would go through alternate bedrooms and even a snowy area. Photo op statues will also be placed throughout the section in humorous situations like Tony of "Tony's Grossery" and a large monster foot.

Jim Hill said that Monstropolis would be placed in the area where "One Man's Dream" to "Rock n Rollercoaster" currently resides. I think that is a more plausible plan because they will want to pull crowds away from Galaxy's Edge.

Jim Hill said that Monstropolis would be placed in the area where "One Man's Dream" to "Rock n Rollercoaster" currently resides. I think that is a more plausible plan because they will want to pull crowds away from Galaxy's Edge.

I'm just telling you what I'm hearing. "Monsters Inc" is possibly going where Muppets are and "Cars Land" is being placed near Toy Story Land.

I was actually thinking of this randomly today. I look forward to DHS in a decade when it's finally "finished" where it'll Have SWGE, TSL, Cars Land, Monsters Land and Some other Property Land. I doubt that it's an Indiana Jones unless whatever reboot they're planning actually takes off. Crystal Skull essentially tanked the property in the short term. Does anyone under 30 have a relationship with the franchise? I mean I love Indiana Jones, Last Crusade is one of my favorites but I don't know if you can make a whole land out of it AND it being popular to the majority of people.

Even Monsters Inc Land is probably iffy at best if you want my opinion.

I think Indiana Jones could be a strong choice. It's still a well known property even if not as relevant at the moment, but the new movie will help. (I'm sure they'll probably make more after it too even if its a reboot or offshoot of some type). It's got guaranteed lasting power and the other Indy attractions are well liked and known. The problem with going with the current popular hit is that it might not be relevant or known in the long run. Indy is known to have staying power. Lie you mentioned Mosnters Inc. is one people mention a lot but it hasn't really been relevant for awhile or have the love that others do but liked enough and can make a good land too, pus the new show coming will help bring it back to conciousness.

I think Indiana Jones could be a strong choice. It's still a well known property even if not as relevant at the moment, but the new movie will help. (I'm sure they'll probably make more after it too even if its a reboot or offshoot of some type). It's got guaranteed lasting power and the other Indy attractions are well liked and known. The problem with going with the current popular hit is that it might not be relevant or known in the long run. Indy is known to have staying power. Lie you mentioned Monsters Inc. is one people mention a lot but it hasn't really been relevant for awhile or have the love that others do but liked enough and can make a good land too, pus the new show coming will help bring it back to consciousness.

I think if they recast Indy with someone like Chris Pratt it could be a hit. They've done young Indy before with River Phoenix and Sean Patrick Flanery. So it isn't an unheard of idea.

It would be interesting to see more of his relationship with his father too. We only got a hint of their relationship in "Crusade" before Sean Connery went into hiding with Pu$$y Galore.

Last edited:
I think if they recast Indy with someone like Chris Pratt it could be a hit. They've done young Indy before with River Phoenix and Sean Patrick Flanery. So it isn't an unheard of idea.

It would be interesting to see more of his relationship with his father too. We only got a hint of their relationship in "Crusade" before Sean Connery went into hiding with Pu$$y Galore.

My vote for a young Indy would be the kid who played Han Solo. I mean, obvious right? He's got the Harrison Ford swagger down.

My vote for a young Indy would be the kid who played Han Solo. I mean, obvious right? He's got the Harrison Ford swagger down.

That's true, I thought he did a decent job in the role. But I don't know if they are willing to give him another chance. Some see the Han Solo solo movie as a flop. Which is a shame because it was at least better than "The Last Jedi" and most of the prequels.

That's true, I thought he did a decent job in the role. But I don't know if they are willing to give him another chance. Some see the Han Solo solo movie as a flop. Which is a shame because it was at least better than "The Last Jedi" and most of the prequels.

I know. I think poor timing is what hurt that movie. It really is very good. I think it's the best of the new films, even over Rogue One. I thought Last Jedi was fine and am an admitted prequel lover. Solo was like an episode of Clone Wars though, and that's my favorite Star Wars!

Jim Hill is less reliable than disneysource when it comes to rumors. He couldn't predict what he's having for breakfast.

Jim Hill is less reliable than disneysource when it comes to rumors. He couldn't predict what he's having for breakfast.

LOL, yeah, he may not be the most reliable source, but I enjoy his podcasts. It sometimes sounds like he is eating an apple during it though. But nobody is perfect and I enjoy all rumors, even if they are made up by my second cousin three times removed.

If they do the Monstropolis section at Hollywood Studios, the name for the counter service is likely going to be Mike’s Pizza P’eye.

The supreme pizzas at this establishment will look like Mike Wazowski himself. He’s the owner of the establishment, taking over the joint for Rizzo. The whole menu will be pretty much the same. The décor will be vastly changed though. Like I said earlier it will have a lot of pictures from Mike and Sully’s university days and banners that say “beat Fear Tech”, etc.

The aforementioned pizzas of course will be the same regular round doughy form as usual. Many people don’t like it, but I see nothing wrong with them. On to the drinks. Specialty shakes will include green and light blue shakes, I’m not sure what the flavor will be, but they will definitely look cool. And last, but not least the Dessert/Snacks will be blue treats that are reminiscent of Cheshire Cat tails at the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:
I’ll believe the rumors when I hear it from a more reliable source. But there’s nothing wrong with talking about it. Some of the most fun discussions come from someone throwing poop at the wall and seeing what sticks.

It would be a shame to see Mama Melrose go away, I like the steak and mac n cheese there. It’s a nice hidden gem for me and my family. I doubt any of my kids would like the sushi at Harryhausens.

It would be a shame to see Mama Melrose go away, I like the steak and mac n cheese there. It’s a nice hidden gem for me and my family. I doubt any of my kids would like the sushi at Harryhausens.

Mama does feel a bit out dated when it comes to decor. I was hoping for them to reinvent it into a Miss Piggy or Swedish Chef restaurant, but that ship has undoubtedly sailed. They don’t even want to keep the counter service in this land open beyond seasonal.

Would it really be worth it to retheme this land for 2 attractions? One we already have in Magic Kingdom (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor) and a fill in the blank attraction.

I’d rather them stick with the Muppets and do “The Great Muppet Movie Ride”. It was a brilliant idea that never came to be.

Would it really be worth it to retheme this land for 2 attractions? One we already have in Magic Kingdom (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor) and a fill in the blank attraction.

I’d rather them stick with the Muppets and do “The Great Muppet Movie Ride”. It was a brilliant idea that never came to be.

Perhaps that is why it is a possible idea for a land. It would be cheap to create and Disney loves being thrifty. ala Toy Story Land with Midway and ala Guardians tower. They could just take “Laugh Floor” and “Mike and Sully to the Rescue” out of their respective parks and plop it down in Hollywood Studios.

That would be easiest and would be a high probability if they didn't need to even work on creating a new ride. Though hopefully we' get the door coaster with it as well. If a Monsters Inc. land opened I think that would be the one ride everyone would expect/want.
Also to kind of increase the experience as a whole instead while keeping things "thrifty" I'd like to see them basically turn Muppetvision into a 4d theatre show for Monster's Inc. but have the pre-sow/waiting area be the new Laugh Floor. It would be a great way to keep families entertained while waiting for the movie. Could be that you are getting a tour of Monsters Inc. and Mike is greeting you all in a conference room or something before the big presentation, which they could then do whatever for the video (likely Randall trying to do something causing things to go wrong). Then add in a dark ride (Mike and Sully to the Rescue clone?) and the door coaster and you'd have a hit land I think with a good 3/4 attractions depending on how you count the preshow of the 4d movie as its own thing or one big experience.
Mama Melrose could be turned into Harry Hausen's and then PizzaRizzo just converted to a new theme for Monster's Inc.

That would be easiest and would be a high probability if they didn't need to even work on creating a new ride. Though hopefully we' get the door coaster with it as well. If a Monsters Inc. land opened I think that would be the one ride everyone would expect/want.

Also to kind of increase the experience as a whole instead while keeping things "thrifty" I'd like to see them basically turn Muppetvision into a 4d theatre show for Monster's Inc. but have the pre-sow/waiting area be the new Laugh Floor. It would be a great way to keep families entertained while waiting for the movie. Could be that you are getting a tour of Monsters Inc. and Mike is greeting you all in a conference room or something before the big presentation, which they could then do whatever for the video (likely Randall trying to do something causing things to go wrong). Then add in a dark ride (Mike and Sully to the Rescue clone?) and the door coaster and you'd have a hit land I think with a good 3/4 attractions depending on how you count the preshow of the 4d movie as its own thing or one big experience.
Mama Melrose could be turned into Harry Hausen's and then PizzaRizzo just converted to a new theme for Monster's Inc.

Due to sight lines I think they will probably want to do a ride that is indoors. Galaxy's Edge can be seen from other lands, but I don't think they want the vice versa. I love the idea of Muppetvision's retheming though. I would love to see a new 4d show for this attraction as well. Instead of just a simple cut and paste.

I'd imagine that any of the Monsters Inc rides would be indoors for better theming. So whatever building it was in they could paint of add stuff around to block it from sight better. It would likely end up at the forested end of Galaxy's Edge so could just paint it that sky blue on that side they do for others and put more trees in from of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter