Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

Can we just get toad back? lol I would love to see the dark rides of D.L. back or come to WDW.

Iger wouldn't allow it, he only wants to have big IP's in the park now. He basically said to Joe Rohde "Expedition Everest is a waste of space".

It would be cool to have something in the area that you can do if you can’t get into Star Wars though. I guess you could still go on Star Tours and pretend you’re in the land.

I’d take a better version of the Monsters Inc ride in Cali. The keyword though is better. The only good animatronic in the whole ride is the ill tempered lady at the end of the ride.

Yeah, the animatronics on the DCA version moves like they were done for a 4th grade science fair. It feels so unDisney, like the ones on the vile and juvenile “Cat in the Hat” ride in Island’s of Adventure.

Yeah, the animatronics on the DCA version moves like they were done for a 4th grade science fair. It feels so unDisney, like the ones on the vile and juvenile “Cat in the Hat” ride in Island’s of Adventure.

The attraction is a cheap retheme of Superstar Limo, one of the worst rides that Disney has ever created. The tracks are all the same and so are all of the CDA agents in the ride. They are all just reskinned versions of the celebrity figures from Superstar Limo.

Hopefully whoever came up with the idea for that ride was taken out back and beaten with a rubber hose.

The restaurants for the different sections would be as follows:

Monsters Inc – HarryHausens, Hidden City Café and Mike’s Pizza P’eye
Indiana Jones – Hangar 51
Incredibles –
the Happy Platter and Frozone’s Treats
Cars Land –
Flo’s V8 Café and Cozy Cones

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

Is sushi really that popular? I can't stand the little buggers, they taste like Alien tongue. If Harry Hausens is going to specialize in mostly sushi I'll pass on this one.

Is sushi really that popular? I can't stand the little buggers, they taste like Alien tongue. If Harry Hausens is going to specialize in mostly sushi I'll pass on this one.

I’m sure they’ll have more than Sushi. Even Mcdonald’s doesn’t just have hamburgers. They’ve got lots of other stuff that I shouldn’t be eating as well. But I CANNOT STOP …. Sorry, Sorry.

I love the idea of a Monsters Inc section in Hollywood, but they can't just put cut and paste stuff from other parks. If there is no Monsters Inc rollercoaster than the plan's lackluster.

Three words Fa..bu..lous. I would love to see the Door coaster finally come out of Disney’s Imagineering vault. I would give it two snaps, a twist and a wet kiss.

From what I've been told is they don't want to put a rollercoaster in the Monster Inc section. They'd rather put it in one of the other future lands so it spreads out the crowds. If they put too many E-tickets in one area it would create a cluster.

From what I've been told is they don't want to put a rollercoaster in the Monster Inc section. They'd rather put it in one of the other future lands so it spreads out the crowds. If they put too many E-tickets in one area it would create a cluster.

That makes sense, you gotta put the shiny toys on each side of the tree. This way the kids don't kill each other.

Good News, it looks like they'll only do One cut and paste attraction. Monsters Laugh Floor will be supplanting Muppets, but the other one will be an all new family ride. Which is a very good thing, because of the other Monsters Inc rides don't tickle my fancy. The look pedestrian by Disney's usual standard.

The recently added DVC booth's exterior will not change, except for its name on the front. Since it fits in with Harryhausens, it maybe changed to a new reservation booth.

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

If they aren't going to give "The Muppets" the proper respect they deserve they might as well replace all of Muppets Courtyard.

100% agreed. I wish they had gone forth with the Muppets section of the park they were planning after Jim Henson died :(

100% agreed. I wish they had gone forth with the Muppets section of the park they were planning after Jim Henson died :(

Oh yeah, "The Great Muppet Movie Ride" would have been awesome. I love concept art that's still floating around for it, it makes me laugh every time. One scene has Miss Piggy as Peter Pan and there's like 3 or 4 rats struggling to hold her up.

It would be similar to the tower in California. But the Hollywood version thankfully has the luxury of having more space to showcase the characters. The line will be an attraction on its own. In it you will be shown the different suits that Edna Mode has made like in the first film.

An actual Edna animatronic will showcase them while sitting in a chair above the spectators. It will be similar to the Rocket Raccoon one in location. The animatronic will be in the newly rethemed study section of the line. This is where she shows the different costumes for "The Incredibles". Perhaps a few costumes will still need some more testing out though. The ride itself will show our favorite super family and Frozone testing out their different abilities in different ways. They'll be interrupted though when supervillians decide to crash the party.

I presume the actual ride dynamics should be the same?

I presume the actual ride dynamics should be the same?

Oh yeah, that would be kept the same. It's just the theming that would be totally different than its predecessor. I love Tower of Terror, but the story actually sounds like it's better for the Incredibles retheme. And probably the retheme of the park as well.

It would be similar to the tower in California. But the Hollywood version thankfully has the luxury of having more space to showcase the characters. The line will be an attraction on its own. In it you will be shown the different suits that Edna Mode has made like in the first film.

An actual Edna animatronic will showcase them while sitting in a chair above the spectators. It will be similar to the Rocket Raccoon one in location. The animatronic will be in the newly rethemed study section of the line. This is where she shows the different costumes for "The Incredibles". Perhaps a few costumes will still need some more testing out though. The ride itself will show our favorite super family and Frozone testing out their different abilities in different ways. They'll be interrupted though when supervillians decide to crash the party.

Terrible idea. I'll be handing out the pitchforks and torches.

Fortunately, the news that it'll be refurbed this year makes this rumor even more tenuous (especially short-term).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter