Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

Yeah, but it is just "Toy Story". If they had real E-tickets like the "Monsters Inc Coaster" or "Crush Coaster" I'd be more excited about the land. But having ordinary run of mill attractions and basing it off just "Toys" seems limiting for the distant future.

I can see your point, but they are rumored to be changing the park's theming to “Hollywood Adventure”, where you can be inside your favorite movies. A Pixar Place expansion wouldn’t fit the new theming. It would be just random buildings and attractions, like the front of Universal Studios.

Last edited:
I can see your point, but they are rumored to be changing the park's theming to “Hollywood Adventure”, where you can be inside your favorite movies. A Pixar Place expansion wouldn’t fit the new theming. It would be just random buildings and attractions, like the front of Universal Studios.
Hollywood Adventure isn’t happening. The park name is staying.

I think he just referring to theming, not the name. I would say so far the expansions have been as much. But as for them redoing the front and right side of HS is years down the line.

I think he just referring to theming, not the name. I would say so far the expansions have been as much. But as for them redoing the front and right side of HS is years down the line.
Especially when they keep adding old Hollywood theming.

The name may not change, but it's obvious the theming is. I don't think they want any of the future lands to have the studio feel to them.

Especially when they keep adding old Hollywood theming.
Ideally the perfect park cohesion, IMO, would be a blend of old Hollywood and massive themed areas. The Hollywood part can be the gateway to these areas (keep this theme up the center only). I would hate for them to get rid of Sunset Boulevard though only because walking down it and seeing Tower of Terror is one of the best things at HS, IMO

Ideally the perfect park cohesion, IMO, would be a blend of old Hollywood and massive themed areas. The Hollywood part can be the gateway to these areas (keep this theme up the center only). I would hate for them to get rid of Sunset Boulevard though only because walking down it and seeing Tower of Terror is one of the best things at HS, IMO
I think that’s what they are doing. Old Hollywood takes you into these new areas. Look at Grand Avenue for example it’s themed after an old LA tunnel which will take you into SWGE.

Yeah, I don't get the whole Grand Avenue thing. I guess they felt the park needed more of a Hollywood theming in "Hollywood". It's much different than the other parks though. Each of the others have a themed section in front of and around the park icon (Main Street, Futureworld, Oasis/Discovery Island) that doesn't really carry on to other parts.

However the Studios is vastly different now than the rest of the gang. It has Hollywood and Sunset, which I'm alright with, they make perfect sense. And they symbolize old Hollywood and the park perfectly. But now it has Grand Avenue, at the back part of the park, away from the others and after Commissary's pathway.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't get the whole Grand Avenue thing. I guess they felt the park needed more of a Hollywood theming in "Hollywood". It's much different than the other parks though. Each of the others have a themed section in front of and around the park icon (Main Street, Futureworld, Oasis/Discovery Island) that doesn't really carry on to other parts.

However the Studios is vastly different now than the rest of the gang. It has Hollywood and Sunset, which I'm alright with, they make perfect sense. And they symbolize old Hollywood and park perfectly. But now it has Grand Avenue, at the back part of the park, away from the others and after Commissary's pathway.
Echo Lake is also old Hollywood.

I think that dsource’s Monsters Inc rumor (although probably made up) is better than the original one (Rock n Rollercoaster). The extremely fast coaster would have to be drastically slowed down to accommodate the shorties. Plus Monsters Inc isn’t known for its music “The Cars” films which he proposed actually are.

Monsters Inc would be a great addition no matter where they decide to put it. But if they aren’t putting the door coaster in, they might as well put it in the Muppets section. Because a dark ride and show aren’t true E-tickets. But it may actually be good to have a less touted land next to Star Wars.

I got to admit the name Mike Pizza P’eye made me laugh. Hopefully the pizza is better there then at Pizza Planet and Pizzerizzo.

But it may actually be good to have a less touted land next to Star Wars.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd go with the Muppet idea in the former Streets of America section. The old idea by DSNY was to have the puppets up in the windows performing scenes from Star Wars. Much like they do in Liberty Square of the Magic Kingdom. It certainly would be a good integration of that sections 2 IP's.

Can anyone show any credible info on the door coaster? I keep hearing people cry about not having it.

Yeah, I think Rteetz referenced it. Marni1971 has some info on the real version that was being discussed.

http://didyouknowmagic.tumblr.com/post/111943627680/attractions-that-almost-happened-monsters-inc

But I also like this person’s idea. It might be a little too rough though and make me lose my lunch like Primevil Whirl.

It's more like Primevil Hurl, I was feelings so sick after that one. I also felt like I went to a dodgy chiropractor. I wanted to sue Chester and Hester.

I think that Monster's construction would definitely take place after the other ones. There is already enough construction on that side of the park. Cars would be first on my list of lands to create (they can reuse the RnR section and behind the Art of Animation building).

If you complete that in the next couple of years you can connect it with Toy Story Land and help the crowd flow. As for the Tower street, I'd leave Sunset Boulevard the way it is theming wise and just make ToT a haunted hotel.

The only problem with Cars Land is the "We've been there done that" factor. Monsters could be cool and new. There's never been a Monsters Land in any of the parks.

The only problem with Cars Land is the "We've been there done that" factor. Monsters could be cool and new. There's never been a Monsters Land in any of the parks.
I totally agree with this. I really don't want to see a Cars Land at WDW. I want something completely new and never done or seen at another Disney park before and Monsters would be awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter