Is there a song that sums up how you feel in Disney?

wifey

DIS Veteran
Mine is On the Front Porch, Three creeky wooden stairs,those squeeky rocking chairs, the well worn welcome mat,the lattice vines, the happy times.
All I want to do when the day is through,is linger here on the front porch with you,from the wicker swing,while the night birds sing, we'll watch the fireflies sparkling and do some sparkling too, how the hours fly as the moon drift by,how sweet the air as we stare at the sky.Oh how I love to linger here like this ,hold your hand and steal a kiss or two, on the front porch with you.AllI want to do etc. It means alot to me as the only real quality time we get together we spend either planning a trip or on a trip to Disney. We work opposite shifts so don't get much time together as a family until a weekend, when we prepare for the week ahead and catch up with each other!(There must be lots of families like ours.) Wifey :lovestruc

Any Disney song!! The parade songs in particular really take me back. Santa bought me the CDs of "Chante c'est Noel" and Fantillusion and even listening to them in the living room on Christmas day really took me back!

I think it has to be "When you wish upon a star" for me, or the music they play as you walk into Main Street.

I agree with Rhiannon though - any Disney music really!!

I'm another that likes them all, but at a push "Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho" sends a tingle down my spine.

Reid

Two songs remind me of being in DLRP - Dancin' (Catchy Rhythm) is the parade song that we came back from our first ever trip to DLRP signing and have done ever since - just a fab song and brilliant played loud.

The other is Two Hearts from Tarzan which reminds me of sitting on the benches in the Chaparral Theatre and watching Tarzan: The Encounter which is always one of my happiset times in the park. The song in the context of the film is brilliant, but seeing it in a live show and in DLRP isn just pure magic.

One that really churns me up is the Spectromagic music - takes me back to our very first visit to WDW. But I also love When You Wish upon a Star because that's so much a part of Main Street and the introduction to the parades. But, as others have said, there are just so many!!!

Mine and DS's
"When you wish upon a star"
"Wishes"
DH "Circle of Life " ( not sure why )

" Candle on the Water " and " Someone's waiting for you" will always be very special to me too. We were never able to take our youngest DS to Disney, so we had both of these played at his funeral

Two Worlds from Tarzan is probably the song that sums up our trip in June. Every time I hear it, it brings back so many lovely memories and usually ends up making me cry and miss it even more! :(

Dee8197 said:
" Candle on the Water " and " Someone's waiting for you" will always be very special to me too. We were never able to take our youngest DS to Disney, so we had both of these played at his funeral

Oh Dee, I am so very very sorry. :grouphug:
I know it is not the same but we nearly lost our eldest DD. Luckily her problems were picked up on a scan and the doctors were able to prepare for her birth and operated on her as soon as she was born. It was touch and go for the first 48 hours and every day I am so grateful that she is now a "typical teenager". Love and :hug: to you and your family.

Mine is also "When You Wish Upon A Star" although all Disney music sends a tingle down my spine!!!

Dee8197 said:
I can't tell you how sorry I am Dee. How dreadful for you all. Sending lots of love. :grouphug:

Dee8197 I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss , how tragic for you big hugs for all and I hope I haven't upset you with my question. Wifey :(

I don't know "Candle on the Water" and "Someone's waiting for you" but I do have a 5 disc Disney music collection so I'm hoping they are on that - :grouphug: from Denise and I Dee.

Don't worry Wifey !
It is a nice thread.
Those two songs are very special Disney songs to us, we always think about Jonathan when we hear them and so obviously a thread about Disney songs would bring that to mind. No problem though Wifey. Continue with the thread and enjoy.:flower:

We brought the Halloween CD back from our last trip, everytime I hear it I can imagine I'm walking through "Halloween Land" again.

There are three for me.

Halloween-lo-ween. Love it, right back watching the parade when I hear that one

Dancin' a catchy rhythm - Ditto!

When you wish upon a star. Just a classic Disney song although I find Baby Mine sets me off for a good cry too.

I love "Walking Down Main St USA" for that MK feeling, while "Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm" takes me straight back to DLP!! :goodvibes

Big :hug: for you Dee

Nik I used to sing that to our DS when he was a very young baby and had bad colic,It soothed him off to sleep . Brought tears to my eyes every time I heard it while I was pregnant with him, I blamed the hormones HEE HEE!

Despite the fact you'll no longer hear it in the actual park, I can't listen to the Main Street Electrical Parade song without getting a tear in my eye! :lovestruc Also, I adore Grim Grinning Ghosts, and all of the music played in Frontierland. Ooh, and I lurve the kind of tinkly magical music played in Fantasyland, if you know what I mean. :Pinkbounc

:grouphug: for Dee :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter