Is there a song that sums up how you feel in Disney?

Steve
They are both lovely songs
"Candle on the Water" is from "Pete's Dragon"
"Someone's Waiting for you" is from "The Rescuers Down Under"

What's the music that they play along Main Street? It sounds like some kind of ragtime music - not something I'm usually very keen on - but that really put me in the Disney mood particularly when accompanied by the groans and howls of the Pumpkin men LOL

Next time I watch our holiday dvd I'll be sure to take notice of the music on Main Street ,I thought it changed from time to time maybe it's just my poor memory playing tricks Nik

I like all the songs in Micky's Philhamagic (can't spell it!!!) they all make me cry. The parade songs make me cry and walking up main street makes me cry. I love the little mermaid song Part of your world. and Pocahantas songs make me cry too.

Can't wait to be back in Disney.

Susan

There are 2 songs that sums it up how I feel about Disney, I even started singing along to it when I saw the Wonderful World of Disney Parade on Tuesday, it just has to be Dancin, I mean how wonderful it's so upbeat and really nice.
The other I also heard in DLRP last week when characters came out in the Main Street vehicles, which is also All Around the World, strangely since this song is from the best parade I have ever seen, The Imaginations Parade, also my first ever parade I saw, so I ended up having a tear in my eye during hearing it in Disneyland Resort Paris, it's just so magical.

Ok my two songs would have to be Dancin' a catchy rhythm and that "Happy Birthday song" - If anybody knows what its actually called I would be really made up - you know the one that goes happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, birthday to you! :cool1: :love:

kaye

Bonhoga! I have an old book of Disney sheet music from the eighties (when I used to play the recorder at school, hehe!) and it has the music and lyrics to the birthday song! :) It's called Happy, Happy Birthday to You and was written in 1983 by Michael and Patricia Silversher. I couldn't find the lyrics online anywhere so I've copied them out for you. :) I think they only use the chorus when they sing at DLRP and in the parades, but it's a funny song anyway so I thought you might like to know all of the words, hehe! :)

CHORUS
Happy birthday
It's Donald's birthday
Happy, happy birthday to you
Hey Donald!
Happy birthday
Happy birthday

He's funny, charming, our fine feathered friend
Today's his birthday; best wishes we send
He's full of surprises, quacks everyone up
He's crazy for Daisy; he's our Donald Duck!

(REPEAT CHORUS)

In ev'ry country he can be found
Throwing a tantrum and jumping around
The whole world loves Donald; today is his day
Across ev'ry nation you'll hear people say:

(REPEAT CHORUS)

Donald, we thank you for the joy that you bring
So have a great birthday now ev'ry one sing:

Happy birthday
Happy birthday
Which means happy birthday
Happy birthday

There's a party; a party today
A once a year occasion
A party is comin' his way
Donald's birthday celebration

Mickey and Minnie arrive with the cake
Daisy and Goofy bring Ludwig Von Drake
Huey, Dewey and Louie and Uncle Scrooge, too
They sing "Dear Donald, happy birthday to you"

Feliz cumpleanos! (Spanish)
Bon anniversaire (French)
O-tan joh-be o-meh-den-toh! (Japanese)

(REPEAT CHORUS)

... goodness! It took a while to copy this out as it's been ages since I had to read sheet music and put things in the right place! I used to play this song a lot when I was little, hee! It surprised me, actually, when a few people had their birthdays during our June trip and I heard this song again. :)

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

A. Hey, there hi there ho there
It's a Disney kind of day
Glad to see your smiling faces
As we pass along the way
There's lots of fun and laughter here
A-waiting just for you
All you have to do is make a wish
And watch your dreams come true
B. If you take my hand
Just like Alice
You're in Wonderland
It's magic !
Clap your hands and tap your feet
And shout a big Hurray !
Mickey and his friends
are calling out your name
To join the Disney Parade !
Chorus: Dancin' a catchy rhythm
Singin' a happy song
Playin' together on a holiday
You'll soon be
Dancin' a catchy rhythm
Singin' a happy song
Playin' together on a holiday
C. Hey, there hi there ho there
You're as welcome as can be
Come along and join the big Parade
And set your spirits free
You'll laugh and play
and soon you'll find
You've made some brand new friends
Here we've got a funny saying that
The magic never ends
B. / Chorus twice
D. Hey, there hi there ho there
It's as simple as can be
To make a little Disney Magic's
Really easy: one, two, three
If you take my hand
Just like Alice
You're in Wonderland, (Wonderland)
It's magic !
A wink, a smile and then a touch
Of magic pixie dust
You can join the mascarade come on
Get ready for the Disney Parade
We will be
Chorus twice

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

wifey said:
Mine is On the Front Porch, Three creeky wooden stairs,those squeeky rocking chairs, the well worn welcome mat,the lattice vines, the happy times.
All I want to do when the day is through,is linger here on the front porch with you,from the wicker swing,while the night birds sing, we'll watch the fireflies sparkling and do some sparkling too, how the hours fly as the moon drift by,how sweet the air as we stare at the sky.Oh how I love to linger here like this ,hold your hand and steal a kiss or two, on the front porch with you.AllI want to do etc.

Wifey, Intrigued by this song. Can you tell me what it is from or who sings it etc.?

Thanks

Nicola it's on Classic Disney volume II 60 years of Musical Magic, track 18 "On the front porch" from Summer Magic 1963 sung by Burl Ives music and lyrics by Richard M and Robert B Sherman

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter