Is this “scamming” the DAS system?

No, this is not scamming the system. This is the type of issue the DAS is designed to help with. I know what you are going through. I have pretty severe IBS and it causes bladder issues as well. I don't use a DAS, but we have one for our autistic sons. Honestly, though, if I was having a particularly bad flare up of IBS that overlapped with a Disney trip, without my kids, I would absolutely get a DAS. In our experience with the DAS, wait times in excess of 15 minutes are rare, but also in my personal experience with a condition that causes "bathroom issues," you will know when you can get in a line and when you can't, and the DAS is perfect for that. It's open ended return window is perfect because you won't have the pressure to return within a specific small window. I mean, I have been stuck in the bathroom for well over an hour numerous times, and something like a traditional fastpass is useless in that situation.

Also, I know of people with UC/Crohn's and IBS who have DAS for those conditions, so it is definitely something that "qualifies."
Also suffer from IBS and was wondering if I could get DAS with this condition. I am a bit uneasy with what it is they ask you - just how into detail do they want you to go - as this can be pretty embarrassing. How much info do they expect me to give? The condition is unpleasant as is, without having to share it with a CM.

Also suffer from IBS and was wondering if I could get DAS with this condition. I am a bit uneasy with what it is they ask you - just how into detail do they want you to go - as this can be pretty embarrassing. How much info do they expect me to give? The condition is unpleasant as is, without having to share it with a CM.
I would write down what your concerns are for the line and why you feel you would not be able to stay in a line for a long time no need to give a DX or anything line that.

So say someone had surgery on there leg and they had an external fixator on there leg and they needed a wheelchair and Disney needed to know what they needed it ( yes I know you do not need to say anything) all Disney is looking for is I hurt my leg and I can not walk fair without being in pain.

So think about what is your concern as it has to do with waiting in line and write this down. I would make it very short. Tell the CM you have some concerns for the line that you would rather not talk about out loud and you wrote them down ( they can not read dr note but can read something from you ) and you can ask that they write there reply or questions to you

I suggest writing it out beforehand and handing it the CM. Just tell them you'd prefer them to read the letter than to have to discuss that at the desk. I'm sure they'd be sensitive if they have more questions. Just make sure to address why you'd find it challenging to go through the regular que. Have you tried using fast passes and do those work well for you and your condition....because getting a DAS would offer you similar wait times/access.

I suggest writing it out beforehand and handing it the CM. Just tell them you'd prefer them to read the letter than to have to discuss that at the desk. I'm sure they'd be sensitive if they have more questions. Just make sure to address why you'd find it challenging to go through the regular que. Have you tried using fast passes and do those work well for you and your condition....because getting a DAS would offer you similar wait times/access.
I can withstand the Fastpass lines. It's the longer waits that are unbearable.

They can not ask you about your situation in terms of specifics but rather are there to help you get what you need, I would simply explain to them due to a condition with IBS, it would be very helpful for you to have a DAS so you can limit the time waiting in line as will Be easier for you if you suffer an attack.

I have never had to really explain other than to tell them I have severe back issues that make standing or sitting, without being able to stretch and move difficult

I really only use my DAS for the longest rides, make sure I have my FPs, and skip some of the rides as well. Now that it’s a return time, and you can hold only one at a time, I think that CMs realize that those that are asking are truly in need,,,at least that has been my experience.

They can not ask you about your situation in terms of specifics but rather are there to help you get what you need, I would simply explain to them due to a condition with IBS, it would be very helpful for you to have a DAS so you can limit the time waiting in line as will Be easier for you if you suffer an attack.

I have never had to really explain other than to tell them I have severe back issues that make standing or sitting, without being able to stretch and move difficult

I really only use my DAS for the longest rides, make sure I have my FPs, and skip some of the rides as well. Now that it’s a return time, and you can hold only one at a time, I think that CMs realize that those that are asking are truly in need,,,at least that has been my experience.
Thank you so much. That was really helpful. I was starting to get stressed out as to what level of detail I have to get into. Can be pretty embarrassing.

Thank you so much. That was really helpful. I was starting to get stressed out as to what level of detail I have to get into. Can be pretty embarrassing.
You don’t need a lot of detail, but do avoid medical terminology, jargon or abbeviations.using those types of things creates more questions since they may ask what they mean. You don’t need to share WHAT your medical condition/disability is, just how it relates to waiting in line.

What you need to be able to explain (briefly and not in a ton of detail) what about waiting in the regular line creates an issue for you. One or two sentences should be enough.

Also, if possible, talk to a CM before leaving the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter