It’s movie day at summer camp!

JerseyJanice

A Disboards original...
What a nice idea! A local Multiplex cinema is offering a program this summer, where a child gets free admission to a movie on Wednesday mornings if he/she submits a book report.

DS’s summer camp (actually, it’s a summer program at his old day care) is participating by collecting the book reports and taking them to the theatre.

Today, they are seeing Shrek. We have this film at home, but of course, there’s nothing like seeing a movie at the theatre. And this one is state-of-the-art with stadium seating.

“Free” is a relative term, though. I sent $9 with him to get an Icee drink and popcorn.

A local cinema is doing the same thing down here, only the kids don't need to submit anything!

And Shrek is also this week's movie!

What a neat program! Some of the movie theatres here are doing a reading program but they only offer free popcorn and a soda, not free admission to a special movie of the week or anything like that.

DSs camp also went to the movies today. They had a choice of Stuart Little 2, Crocodile Hunter or Lilo & Stitch. Of course he didnt choose the one we havent gone to yet. So this weekend I'll be taking him to Stuart Little 2 and Like Mike.

Cool! Wish I had that when I was young... but thankfully, movies only cost 2 bucks back then. ;) SIGH, I suddenly feel old now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter