It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

"You Can See Animals From Sanaa"
NOT!
Day 3 Part 1
Saturday morning was another day we were looking forward to as we were doing something pretty special come noon. But now it was time for breakfast! Originally I had us scheduled for a leisurely 10:00 buffet at Boma, which I loved last year when we stayed here, but then I realized we needed to be out of the resort prior to 11 and I thought that was cutting it too close. I tried moving the reservation up to 9 about a week before we left but all that was available was 7:30???? Weird because I've never seen Boma that filled but whatever. Since we'd been up and out so early the previous morning I didn't want to be up and out that early today, and even the night before the earliest they had was 7:45 or 11:15. Lucky for us at some point between our January 2016 stay and now, Sanaa started serving breakfast!

They offer your usual grab n go items as well as a few hot menu choices. Some pictures of the set-up:

IMG_6198.JPG

IMG_6199.JPG

The covered dish above the yogurt parfaits is their banana bread, and in the crock pot thingy was oatmeal.

IMG_6200.JPG

IMG_6201.JPG

They had soda,OJ, apple juice and milk.

IMG_6202.JPG

And a very bad picture of their GLARING menu (I kill myself sometimes with my humor):
IMG_6206.JPG

We both decided to order off the menu so we did that, paid, and Steve got his coffee:

IMG_6203.JPG

Love these cups! Back in May he got one with a saying at Territory Lounge, so this was the 2nd saying we'd seen. Since our trip I've seen a few other quotes on cups in posts here and on FB. Such a great idea!
When we paid and Steve was given his coffee cup we were also given this:

IMG_6197.JPG

Meet Sanaa's equivalent of the BOG rose. Pick your own seat, place your numbered mammal on the table and wait for your order to be delivered :thumbsup2 Other than the fact that my 6 year old nephew could make these, I like the idea. Looking around at other tables I noticed a giraffe, more elephants, and my favorite, a tiger :cat:
Back to picking your own table, we chose to sit right by the window so we could watch some live animals without numbers on their backs greeting the morning. I really wish I'd taken pictures but I did not, so you'll have to take my word for it but there was NOT AN ANIMAL TO BE SEEN ON THE SAVANNA. We sat down about 8:45 and were there for approx. 30 minutes and all we saw was a little bunny rabbit, which I don't think is an actual part of the AKL wild-animal-viewing experience as cute as he was. I had to settle for staring at my #63 and making elephant noises until our food came. Speaking of food, we ordered 3 entrees. Yes, your math is correct. Two people, three entrees.

We both ordered the Savanna Platter: Two Cage-Free Eggs served any style (we both got scrambled), Tanzanian Hash Browns, Bacon and
Corn Johnny Cakes:

IMG_6204.JPG

First off I believe this changed from when Sanaa first started serving breakfast. I found an old menu online and it said a , as in one, COCONUT Johnny Cake which these most certainly were not! They were the delicious corn bread goodness you get pretty much all around WDW which was fine with us, although I had expected some type of African twist to them. The eggs were very good, the bacon on the thick side and full of flavor. Steve loved the hash browns; I thought they were ok, seasoned well, but a bit on the dry side.

The reason for ordering 3 meals is because we were going back and forth between the Savanna Platter and this one, and when we both decided on the Platter Steve threw in this order right at the end. Therefore we ended up with one
Safari Waffle: Waffle topped with Seasonal Berries and Chai Whipped Cream:

IMG_6205.JPG

While Steve ate most of this he did let me try it and it was really good! I wasn't a fan of the first couple bites of the chai whipped cream but it grew on me. The berries were fresh, there were a decent amount they're just covered by the cream, and the waffle delish. Very glad he ordered it and we left content and full, excited to have seen a bunny rabbit. I hope this sticks around because if you don't feel like leaving the building or eating in your room this is your only option for breakfast at Kidani and it made a big difference to us.

UP NEXT: A LITTLE TO LATE
TO WOW YOU WITH BLUE CHEESECAKE

Packing tomorrow and headed to the beach on Sunday. I cannot wait!
You're at the beach, whoo-hoo!!!:beach:

Casey totally thought Chris was hilarious. As soon as we got home she had to tell Jason how he only said no to stuff and that was apparently the funniest thing on the planet. Apparently your Chris and Chris Rock are one in the same in her book :-)
I'm glad someone found him amusing, because I most definitely was not smiling or laughing when he and I got in the car to go back to the hotel! But I loved seeing you guys :goodvibes

You said jugs. And love. And love jugs. And we're 12 :P
May not be the best food, but at least they have a great name :-)
Jugs AND nuggets = 12 years old :thumbsup2

Did they have blue toned jerseys? I remember someone said the other team was sophomores, so I bet we watched the same game!
Yes! They were a little younger than sophomores but that was them. It's too bad we didn't know all this a couple days before the tournament, we could have been sitting together there!

Odd that there were no animals on the savannah during breakfast. Perhaps they all decided to dine at Boma that day :-)

Your breakfast does look good though like you I'm surprised it wasn't African inspired. As good and unique the food at AKL is I'm surprised they didn't up their game here. Well except for the elephant :P

img_6197-jpg.248285
Those are cute, even if it does look my girls could have painted that number on...

I really wish I'd taken pictures but I did not, so you'll have to take my word for it but there was NOT AN ANIMAL TO BE SEEN ON THE SAVANNA. We sat down about 8:45 and were there for approx. 30 minutes and all we saw was a little bunny rabbit, which I don't think is an actual part of the AKL wild-animal-viewing experience as cute as he was.
Maybe the animals are "trained" to be out at that time of day, since breakfast is new?

Odd that there were no animals on the savannah during breakfast. Perhaps they all decided to dine at Boma that day :-)
:rotfl2:

Love these cups!
I love these too!
We both ordered the Savanna Platter: Two Cage-Free Eggs served any style (we both got scrambled), Tanzanian Hash Browns, Bacon and
Corn Johnny Cakes:
I was convinced I wanted to have the waffle here but now that I see the Savanna platter, it looks amazing!

This looks delicious too! How will I ever decide?

Aww the elephant is cute and your breakfast looked yummy.
The waffle with fresh berries looked especially tasty ::yes::
Glad you spotted the wild bunny :rotfl:

Lucky for us at some point between our January 2016 stay and now, Sanaa started serving breakfast!

I had no idea this was a thing! It's a great idea, though! Makes it much easier to get breakfast when you're staying at Kidani.

Meet Sanaa's equivalent of the BOG rose. Pick your own seat, place your numbered mammal on the table and wait for your order to be delivered :thumbsup2 Other than the fact that my 6 year old nephew could make these, I like the idea.

This is cute! ...but that's exactly what I thought...that a kid could make them. Hah!

First off I believe this changed from when Sanaa first started serving breakfast. I found an old menu online and it said a , as in one, COCONUT Johnny Cake which these most certainly were not! They were the delicious corn bread goodness you get pretty much all around WDW which was fine with us, although I had expected some type of African twist to them. The eggs were very good, the bacon on the thick side and full of flavor. Steve loved the hash browns; I thought they were ok, seasoned well, but a bit on the dry side.

Sounds fairly yummy! Definitely an acceptable breakfast. The waffle looked pretty good, too. :)

Very glad he ordered it and we left content and full, excited to have seen a bunny rabbit.

I can't believe the only animal you saw was a bunny!!! They must have all been sleeping? o_O

I'm almost positive I'm a few posts behind, but I'm going to comment on this one first, and then I'll go catch up on the older posts later :)

Love these cups!

These cups are great! I'll be on the hunt for all the different sayings on our next trip :)

we were also given this:

img_6197-jpg.248285

Meet Sanaa's equivalent of the BOG rose. Pick your own seat, place your numbered mammal on the table and wait for your order to be delivered :thumbsup2 Other than the fact that my 6 year old nephew could make these, I like the idea.

This looks like something from a Dollar Store, but it is a really cute idea. Much better with the theme of the place than the simple number on a stick you see at a lot of places.

I had to settle for staring at my #63 and making elephant noises until our food came.

Hahaha, I'm just picturing this and it's making me laugh!

Speaking of food, we ordered 3 entrees. Yes, your math is correct. Two people, three entrees.

Nice! I'm impressed :)

This looks like a fairly straight forward breakfast, but yum corn bread! I am also a huge fan of shredded hashbrowns, that's too bad that they were a little dry.

img_6205-jpg.248419

That waffle looks great, but I think the chai whipped cream would throw me off...

I hope this sticks around because if you don't feel like leaving the building or eating in your room this is your only option for breakfast at Kidani and it made a big difference to us.

It's great that they are offering this now!

That sucks you didn't see any animals though!

I think the animals on that savannah go into their stables in the mornings for health checks, etc. Maybe until 9:00 am if I'm remembering correctly. I found it a bit disappointing to not be able to see them in the mornings while drinking coffee and getting ready.

The animals are a cute idea. It would almost be worth eating there to see what your animal will be.

We ate at Citricos and really enjoyed it. DH's filet was one of the best filets he has ever had at Disney. :) My Halibut was good, too. I think we'll be eating here again. :)

Ok, I went back and got all caught up on your report :) I quoted some stuff, but I was bouncing around a bit so it might be out of order...

Hello individual cup of Moscato :wave:

Yum! I need to be on the lookout for this next January!

Steve got the Moscow Mule: Russian Standard Vodka, fresh Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar topped with Ginger Beer. He'd never had one before and he loved it. I got the Smoked Turkey: Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon, Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon, Grenadine, and Odwalla Lemonade with a hint of Hickory Smoke garnished with Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries

Luke tried a mule on our January trip and loved it, he now gets them whenever we're at a restaurant that serves them. Your drink sounds really good too!

OMG this was heavenly! My first time having Mulligatawny and I ended up having two bowls and have had dreams about it since leaving, which I know makes me weird. Would it make it any less weird if in those dreams Johnny Depp was serving it to me naked?

#1. This soup sounds so good!
#2. I laughed so hard at your Johnny Depp comment!

I love the Coke bottles with sayings!

Unfortunately we had to walk by La Isla Fresca to get where I wanted to go and believe me, Steve had NOT forgotten about this beauty so our first food stop was for him.
Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer: with steamed rice and coconut lime sauce

Haha! Of course it was his first stop! So how many did he eat in total?

And the drink is definitely my favorite, with the Grey Goose Slush a close second and will have to be my go-to since the LVeR is seasonal :(

I'm hoping the La Vie en Rose drink is on the menu for the Festival of the Arts, since I'm almost positive our trip dates will overlap with that Epcot festival. It looks so pretty!

Great picture!

Chris and I DID get to meet up with a couple special ladies for lunch on Sunday:

img_6320-jpg.247162

That's awesome!

this was their first encounter with Chris and I probably didn't do his attitude justice prior to the meeting. He said about 20 words during lunch, disagreed with everything I said and told me I was wrong about 5x ::yes:: That's my boy!

Haha, seriously - I love this kid.

but since my 55 year old husband NEEDED 7DMT and we'd left, it looked like we'd miss each other as her and her fiance Nathan were on the monorail, heading in that direction. Well, this sweet girl switched up here plans and they got off at MK instead so we could meet! And Steve and I are so happy they did because both Meghan and Nathan are genuinely sweet, friendly, fun people and we were able to enjoy a bit of time with them:

img_6183-jpg.247166

img_6185-jpg.247168

Haha, it makes me laugh how much Steve loves the Mine Train!

Also - great pictures with Meghan!

Time passed and Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and Steve came over to MK. We met them at Peco's Bills because we both needed to get something we'd seen on @Raeven's dining report:

img_5904-jpg.247172

I really need one of these in my life, they are fantastic.

This cracked me up. I have no other words for it.

I like the waffle splitting idea :thumbsup2 This reminds me of how I talked my fiance into splitting the regular breakfast at BOG with the croissant donut, mainly because I wanted the croissant donut but didn't want to make myself sick :rotfl:

I think the animals on that savannah go into their stables in the mornings for health checks, etc. Maybe until 9:00 am if I'm remembering correctly. I found it a bit disappointing to not be able to see them in the mornings while drinking coffee and getting ready.
That is really disappointing... If I was staying at the lodge, I would want to see them all the time. But I guess they can't be out there ALL day and night...

Thanks for the Sanaa review. I didn't even know that breakfast was started there. I love your comments about the crafty elephant and the deserted savanna lol! Glad you saw the bunny.

The waffle looks delicious and the platters are unique to Kidani so that is nice.

img_6203-jpg.248282

Love these cups! Back in May he got one with a saying at Territory Lounge, so this was the 2nd saying we'd seen. Since our trip I've seen a few other quotes on cups in posts here and on FB. Such a great idea!
Ohh these are fancy!

Speaking of food, we ordered 3 entrees. Yes, your math is correct. Two people, three entrees.
My kind of people!popcorn:::drinking1
Everything y'all had looks yummy! And what a bummer there were no animals out that early in the morning, I would have figured the elephant noises would have attracted a few at least!

Your food looked great at Sanaa! I was wondering where I could eat breakfast while staying at Kidani and I think this might be a great option. That's a bummer about there being no animals. I wonder if they had been brought in for their morning checkups?

Cuties!!

and took a ride on the PeopleMover, where I finally got to see inside Space Mountain with the lights on!! It's the little things guys.

Jealous!!

They changed it up a bit since the last time we saw it; best change was adding Judy Hops and Nick Wilde to it!

I love the Rainy Day Cavalcade, and Nick and Judy should be on EVERYTHINNNNGG.

This is one of my favorite, basic snacks in the World, the big Mickey chocolate chip cookie with chocolate ears. It makes me :goodvibes

These always look so good to me but i'm scared to try them! In Disneyland I had one of the basic sugar cookie people with the mouse ears dipped in chocolate and it tasted like cardboard. I have never had a good bakery cookie from anywhere in any Disney park and I'm so afraid!! Based on the fact that you like them I might cave in and give one a try!

Have you ever noticed the high percentage of people who look like they're being tortured?

This made me LAUGH!!! On almost every trip I say, "why are these people even here??" There are always a bunch of grumps around the parks for sure!

img_6197-jpg.248285

Obsessed. I want to make these for my house. You want dinner? Take a number! The color of the puff paint really sets off the blue tones in the elephant's gray skin...or something. :rotfl:

Chai Whipped Cream

I'll take about a gallon of this, please!

This made me LAUGH!!! On almost every trip I say, "why are these people even here??" There are always a bunch of grumps around the parks for sure!

I've often speculated with my companions if those folks just got off WDW transport, or walked the Bantan Death March. How can people be so grumpy at WDW first thing? I'm not even a morning person, but its just too early for things to have gone so wrong. Also, one of the reasons I think the loosening of booze at MK is a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter