It wouldn't be spring without an Epcot F&G Festival! New pg 35

Can you believe this warm up in the weather. Well - at least it should get you used to what's to come!!!!!!

That list is looking good!

I'm here just in time to see you off! :goodvibes I've been able to keep up on your trip mostly on Facebook! So excited for you guys (and Heidi's family!)

Can you believe this NE weather? I LOVE IT! But, I'd love the warmth even more with palm trees all around and Cinderella's Castle. :laughing:

Only three more days for you, Amy!!! I can hear the countdown clock actually ticking for you at this point (that or it's the crocodile from Peter Pan coming for me. :lmao:)

Wow!! I can't believe how close you are, Amy!!! Only 3 days left!!:dance3: It's supposed to be 85 here today. I was just commenting to the boys this morning how it feels like Florida weather.;)

It looks like your to-do list is coming along nicely!:thumbsup2

Can you believe this warm up in the weather. Well - at least it should get you used to what's to come!!!!!!

That list is looking good!

It's sooo warm here today! It's really getting me in a Disney mood! :thumbsup2

I'm here just in time to see you off! :goodvibes I've been able to keep up on your trip mostly on Facebook! So excited for you guys (and Heidi's family!)

Can you believe this NE weather? I LOVE IT! But, I'd love the warmth even more with palm trees all around and Cinderella's Castle. :laughing:

Hi Brook! :welcome: At least you'll be here when I post a link to my TR in a couple weeks. :goodvibes

It's so warm! It's definitely getting me ready for Florida!! Except that I had to UNPACK some shorts! :headache:

Only three more days for you, Amy!!! I can hear the countdown clock actually ticking for you at this point (that or it's the crocodile from Peter Pan coming for me. :lmao:)

I can't believe it's so close!! :hyper:

Wow!! I can't believe how close you are, Amy!!! Only 3 days left!!:dance3: It's supposed to be 85 here today. I was just commenting to the boys this morning how it feels like Florida weather.;)

It looks like your to-do list is coming along nicely!:thumbsup2

According to my phone it's 83 in Florida & 86 here! Warmer than Florida weather today!!

I've been busy today... :rolleyes1

I made a big change... I switched us back to the Beach Club! :cheer2:

d275d310.jpg

With only 3 days left to go, I woke up this morning feeling the need to check on the status of SAB. I'm not sure why... but when I did, I read that the construction was finished & they were filling the pool, hoping for a Wednesday opening. Hmmm... We are arriving at Disney on Thursday. :scratchin

So I checked availability. Hmmm... Surely I couldn't change our reservation with only three days to go, especially after I already did online check-in at Kidani. Hmmm...

So I sent out an SOS to my Disney facebook friends and they told me to call the BC to find out for sure before doing anything. All I got was the company line that the pool is opening on the 23rd. So I tabled it and went to work.

I came home from work to find a post on the DIS that the pool is OPEN TODAY!! So I called the BC again and again was told the 23rd. I asked them to double check since there were reports of it being open. The nice CM called several people until she finally found someone who could help me. And turns out... the pool IS open! I told Tim & he said, "you're changing us back now, right?" :rotfl: So that's what I did.

I was surprised to find out I could make the change, keep the AP discount & not pay a change fee. :thumbsup2

Our original room category, Garden View Club Level wasn't available so I booked Lagoon View Club Level!! :banana: I'm so excited!! All of our park plans & ADRs for the first four days are based around being at the BC so it works out really well for us.

88c54083.jpg

8a2edbf5.jpg

7f31367c.jpg

And we'll be there in just three days!!

The weather looks great too! (I'm not worried about a 30% chance of a t-storm!)
01f99739.png

39d69172.png

I can't say that I've gotten much done on the to do list since I've been busy redoing the surprise books, ADR sheet, touring cards & resort info packet! But I'll be back tomorrow with an update on that!

Amy that is great that you were able to switch back to BC!! :yay:

I just posted on the BC board that I am seeing Teena on Sunday 4/22. I met her a few years ago & she is amazing. She sent us a wonderful surprise to our room for our 25th anniv. & she is just wonderful.

So glad the pool is back open!!:dance3:

Congrats Amy, I am so happy everything got changed over with no fees. It was interesting watching it all unfold on FB :rotfl:. I am glad we can be there for each other during those "what do I do" moments :hug:.

I hope the change works out wonderfully well for you.

I look at the forecast daily when we get within ten days. It changes daily, and it's almost always better when we get down there than the forecast says it will be. Maybe we've just been very lucky, but we've never had a trip ruined by rain. You've got 3 days right together that look fabulous - Sunday being my favorite, if that information holds true. :cool2:

Yay for changing to the Beach Club!!:yay: I'm glad everything worked out and the pool is open!!:thumbsup2

:woohoo:2 days!!!

Yay! You're going to have a great time at SAB!

The boys are going to love it!!

Amy that is great that you were able to switch back to BC!! :yay:

I just posted on the BC board that I am seeing Teena on Sunday 4/22. I met her a few years ago & she is amazing. She sent us a wonderful surprise to our room for our 25th anniv. & she is just wonderful.

So glad the pool is back open!!:dance3:

I knew you'd approve of my decision! :laughing:

Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet Teena on Sunday before we leave.

Congrats Amy, I am so happy everything got changed over with no fees. It was interesting watching it all unfold on FB :rotfl:. I am glad we can be there for each other during those "what do I do" moments :hug:.

I love my facebook friends who get Disney! I knew you would be there for me to help me figure things out. :thumbsup2

I hope the change works out wonderfully well for you.

I look at the forecast daily when we get within ten days. It changes daily, and it's almost always better when we get down there than the forecast says it will be. Maybe we've just been very lucky, but we've never had a trip ruined by rain. You've got 3 days right together that look fabulous - Sunday being my favorite, if that information holds true. :cool2:

I obsessively check the weather! It's been warmer here than down there over the past couple day! But we're expecting several days of rain here starting this weekend.

I agree that the weather always looks worse several days ahead... I have a theory on that.... the weather is so predictable in Florida that they just throw funny things into the forecast to keep people on their toes! :rotfl:

Yay for changing to the Beach Club!!:yay: I'm glad everything worked out and the pool is open!!:thumbsup2

:woohoo:2 days!!!

Thanks Angie! I'm really happy with the change!

So glad you are so happy that you have your first resort choice back and I'm sure Tim is thrilled to be back w/ the club level :cool1:

Probably good thing everything is a surprise cause all the switching around probably would have been hard for the boys...

Happy 2 days :goodvibes :banana: :dance3: :woohoo:

In Teena's message to me she said she starts work at 9:30 until 5:45. And then she said "See you Sunday" so that is the day she will work.

Took today off to do errands. I have to be at a conference tomorrow. Went to the bank, the eye doctors to have sunglasses adjusted, the florist since next Wed. is Prof. Administrators Day. I always get the girls in my office something so I needed to order that ahead of time. Last minute stop in Penney's & Kmart & now home. I need to change sheets & clean!!

I can't believe you are back at the BC! that's great since I know it was your number one choice. :cool1:

AK next time? Promise!

Wow - amazed you can make that change so last minute with no charge, and there is even availability.

A bit jealous - I'd like to stay there someday, but honestly it is unlikely we would ever be able to afford it - and as time goes on the cost vs my income only gets larger. (Disney is approaching pricing us out of Mods.)

So glad you are so happy that you have your first resort choice back and I'm sure Tim is thrilled to be back w/ the club level :cool1:

Probably good thing everything is a surprise cause all the switching around probably would have been hard for the boys...

Happy 2 days :goodvibes :banana: :dance3: :woohoo:

You are so right about the boys... I suspect we wouldn't have changed back from Kidani if they knew.

I can't believe it's 2 days!! The suicases are almost ready!

In Teena's message to me she said she starts work at 9:30 until 5:45. And then she said "See you Sunday" so that is the day she will work.

Took today off to do errands. I have to be at a conference tomorrow. Went to the bank, the eye doctors to have sunglasses adjusted, the florist since next Wed. is Prof. Administrators Day. I always get the girls in my office something so I needed to order that ahead of time. Last minute stop in Penney's & Kmart & now home. I need to change sheets & clean!!

So smart to take the day off today! Sounds like you got a lot of things done.

Thanks for Teena's hours! :thumbsup2

And I've, once again, run out of time to post today's update... off to get the boys at school & go for haircuts! :cool1:

It took me so long to post those last replies that you two snuck in!

I can't believe you are back at the BC! that's great since I know it was your number one choice. :cool1:

AK next time? Promise!

I'm very happy about the BC, especially the way our plans were set for those four days. We had parks & ADRs based on being at BC. Next time we stay onsite (who knows when that will be), I'll definitely be looking at AKL/AKV!

Wow - amazed you can make that change so last minute with no charge, and there is even availability.

A bit jealous - I'd like to stay there someday, but honestly it is unlikely we would ever be able to afford it - and as time goes on the cost vs my income only gets larger. (Disney is approaching pricing us out of Mods.)

I was really surprised that the change was so easy!

If you are interested in staying deluxe, you should consider renting DVC points for a studio. Those prices are comparable to a moderate. Disney prices are pretty crazy! We're just staying 3 nights, then the next 7 are offsite at our very inexpensive timeshare.

If you are interested in staying deluxe, you should consider renting DVC points for a studio. Those prices are comparable to a moderate. Disney prices are pretty crazy! We're just staying 3 nights, then the next 7 are offsite at our very inexpensive timeshare.

We rented DVC at AKL in 2009. That's really the best bet to ever get back in a Deluxe, and as you point out very close to moderate pricing. However, we can't even really afford moderates anymore unless it's free dining...so we'll see, maybe things will change in the future and we'll get our shot. The other choice is to do what you are doing and just do a couple days. I kinda hate moving rooms though.

We rented DVC at AKL in 2009. That's really the best bet to ever get back in a Deluxe, and as you point out very close to moderate pricing. However, we can't even really afford moderates anymore unless it's free dining...so we'll see, maybe things will change in the future and we'll get our shot. The other choice is to do what you are doing and just do a couple days. I kinda hate moving rooms though.

You're right... prices have been climbing!

I'm not a big fan of a split stay but with a ten day vacation & a timeshare that goes week by week, I'd hate to use two weeks to cover 10 days. Plus we get to experience some Disney resorts, even though we are generally offsite people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter