It's Good to Be Bad. A Villainous Adventure--Updated 1/28x2!

Our next day began nice and early, around 7:45, and down to the food court for 8:00 where we grabbed some breakfast. I ordered the kids bounty platter, and was MORE THAN EXTREMELY HAPPY to see the cast member Peter was still working there! Paige & I had encountered him back at AoA when it first opened and he was just so lovely, called everyone princess, and was super friendly, helpful, nice and just the all around perfect cast member and I loved seeing that he was still there!

My kids bounty platter was a great way to start the day, I was trying to keep healthier these last few trips, and lower on the carbs, higher protein, so it was nice to have eggs & meat, and grapes or later! Yay! Steven got the French toast and also enjoyed it!

We headed out to the bus and had to wait a while, ended up loading the bus around 8:50, but got to DAK no problems, where we stopped for some photopasses in our lovely Disneybounds before heading fully into the park!

Any guesses on the Bounds? ;) Everest was our primary goal of that morning, so we headed right back to Asia to embark on our adventure!

Watch out for YETI’S!

OR WAIT?! ARE WE THE YETI’S! Heehee. We were luckily sat in the back without having to ask, and the Yeti was actually a lot louder than we thought he normally was! We rode again & I got a little freaked out….

AND THEN THE YETI SNUCK INTO OUR FREAKING CART!

Bahaha….yeah…we’re goofballs….Next we figured we’d hit up a few characters, so we headed to explore the jungle.

Our first stop was for King Louie and Baloo, where we talked about all the shenanigans that would ensue if we were to ever work together with these characters while we waited in line.

I don’t have anything written down, but I know I got a LOT of love, which seems to be a trend when it’s just Steven & I!

Next we hit up the only princess to roam the Kingdom of Animals, which we found super awesome, because no one knows she’s down there so there’s never much of a wait before she comes out!

We called it on Poca commenting on Steven’s necklace, and thoroughly enjoyed our interaction with her, she was super lovely!

The two of us thanked Poca, said good bye, and decided that It Is Time for me to return to the best place DAK has ever had….

Oooh score on the back of Everest. Hahaha the woman in front in that first photo does not seem impressed.

They move Poca around so much it seems. No wonder nobody can find her, lol

Hmmmm... return to the best place DAK has ever had??? Are you going to Flights of Wonder? :p

The kids bounty plate looks pretty darn good. Overall I found any sort of "Kids pack" type option to be pretty good and generally a pretty good value (for being at a vacation location at least)

Great EE pictures - that woman in the front of the first picture looks like she is trying really, really hard not to throw up though :eek:

Guess it makes sense that it is hard to track Pocahontas ... would be kinda funny if they had her just like sneak around the woods and surprise people.

I'm a bit behind again (my mom is very ill).

Love the photos at AK; the ones on EE are hysterical. I have yet to see Baloo or King Louie or Poco...must search them out.

Breakfast looks pretty good (my tummy is growling... Lol!)
Love the EE shots, but yeah, that woman in front of the first picture totally looks like she's not doing so hot.
Great PP pics with Yeti!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Got behind on this one, looks like a lot of fun times for sure at the AK! Love the tiny backpacks! :thumbsup2

Joining in! I popped over from the link in Danielle's report :thumbsup2 Just followed you on Instagram, too.

I absolutely love the joy on your face with Mickey!!! So awesome!

Really glad they were able to figure out the credit card situation. I would have been a little bit frustrated!

You piqued my curiosity with the Timbits story! Here in Almost Canada, we love them :)

Oooh score on the back of Everest. Hahaha the woman in front in that first photo does not seem impressed.

They move Poca around so much it seems. No wonder nobody can find her, lol

Hmmmm... return to the best place DAK has ever had??? Are you going to Flights of Wonder? :p

Lol it's great!

No one really can! She's been pretty standard since CMM has closed, but once it's open again who knows where she'll be lol!

Lol..definitelly..always..i love birds..frontierland is my JAM...those snipe white looking things....i'll keep 23 for pets yes...

The kids bounty plate looks pretty darn good. Overall I found any sort of "Kids pack" type option to be pretty good and generally a pretty good value (for being at a vacation location at least)

Great EE pictures - that woman in the front of the first picture looks like she is trying really, really hard not to throw up though :eek:

Guess it makes sense that it is hard to track Pocahontas ... would be kinda funny if they had her just like sneak around the woods and surprise people.

Kids meals are great! They're cheaper, and much more my portion style, that's for sure! I'll actually finish the whole portion and am able to save the fruit for later in most situations!

Thank you lol!

Bahaha truth!!

I'm a bit behind again (my mom is very ill).

Love the photos at AK; the ones on EE are hysterical. I have yet to see Baloo or King Louie or Poco...must search them out.

Oh goodness, sending prayers & happy thoughts your way!!

Thank you!!

Breakfast looks pretty good (my tummy is growling... Lol!)
Love the EE shots, but yeah, that woman in front of the first picture totally looks like she's not doing so hot.
Great PP pics with Yeti!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Lol, it was great!

Bahaha, thank you!

Got behind on this one, looks like a lot of fun times for sure at the AK! Love the tiny backpacks! :thumbsup2

It was great! Lol, the backpacks were awesome!

Joining in! I popped over from the link in Danielle's report :thumbsup2 Just followed you on Instagram, too.

I absolutely love the joy on your face with Mickey!!! So awesome!

Really glad they were able to figure out the credit card situation. I would have been a little bit frustrated!

You piqued my curiosity with the Timbits story! Here in Almost Canada, we love them :)

Awe yay!! Awesome, glad you're here!!

Lol, thank you!!

Bahhaa, timbits are delicious!

IT IS TIME!

Click this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfAGr9I9MD0

Just listen to it now….

Yup…that’s right…I AM FINALLY ABOUT TO BE REUNITED WITH MY ONE TRUE LOVE!!! FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING!!! Oh…if you haven’t guessed it yet…our Disneybounds for the day were the FOTLK birds! We’ve said that we’ll probably we do it with a styled shirt for Steven, but I like to think mine was pretty good!

Needless to say, I was VERY excited about seeing the show again. I’d missed the closing in the old location by 1 day back in January (I should’ve just bit the bullet and flew in early) and of course, back in May, we were talking about the re-opening, and I was hesitant to stay extra days in case it didn’t open when it was rumored, and it opened the week after, but SURPRISE, it opened 2 days after I left… * sigh* hard life I know….

I’d watched a few videos, and was happy to see that nothing but some of the bird’s choreo had changed, and I’ve heard AMAZING things about the backstage areas/change rooms, so that’s a good thing! Steven & I took a quick bathroom break and then took some pictures before getting into the non existent line!

We spent about half an hour in the line chilling out before they let us into the theater, which definitely loads differently (partially due to fast passes, and having a proper queue set up for that). They load the first standby guests into the door halfway up the giraffe section (where the late comers usually go) and direct you down to the front. The fast passes are loaded in diagonally across the theater (where pumba’s float sits during the show) and loaded into the other 3 sections, and then they open the standby queue into the other areas after the first half is loaded. Kinda confusing, I know, BUT, thanks to us being first in line, we were in the VERY FRONT of the section! The VIP & wheel chair rows were right in front of us, but thanks to those benches being shorter we were right up “front”. Although a woman with a small service dog who was in a stroller ended up right in front of our spot, so we had that to deal with, but we were still cool!

THE AMOUNT OF LOVE & FREAKOUT I HAD WHEN MY FAVORITE KIUME CAME OUT!!!!

The singers came out, did their usual jam, nothing new here, and then it really was time to begin!

I also just have to give a little shout out and story time here, I’d been talking on Instagram with a girl who works entertainment for Disney, but is also very big into photography. Obviously, I love FOTLK, but haven’t been able to photograph it very well, so I asked her for tips & they ended up working out WONDERFULLY this go around! I was SUPER happy with how the pictures turned out!

No pictures of the tumble monkeys though, bahaha, just watched that part!

All the feeeeeeeels. Love this bird! Also love the next shot!

During the finale when the bird was sitting on the edge of the stage, across from her was a tumble monkey sitting on the giraffe float, and he was SERIOUSLY cracking her up. I don’t know if they were talking, or if they were just making faces but it was damn hilarious!

Continued!!!

ALL THE FEEEEEEEELS

BOOM!

DUH, it was amazing and all the cast was incredible. I have yet to see one since the revamp that Zawadi is as powerful and amazing as the one in the youtube link I set up for ya’ll, but hey, one day I’m sure!

Upon exiting the theater, Steven & I discussed what to do, what time our FP for FOLK was, and whether it was lunch time now or not….and then I realized my scheduling kerfuffle….our fast pass was for the 2:00pm show….ending around 2:30, and we wanted to get to MK in time for FoF at three….

So we looped right back around and jumped back in line for Festival of the Lion King again… #noshame. We managed to get over into the Elephant section this time, were a bit father back, but it felt good to be back in my home section. (though I am loving the front row giraffe section being standby…)

The cast had changed out for this show, and was, as per usual, absolutely amazing. I mean, duh, how could they not be!?

The Mighty Pachyderm!

Show over, all the feels intact, we said goodbye to Harambe for now, and headed out of the park, but not without stopping for some flitterific photos on the way!

Yup…seriously in LOVE with that Disneybound! The shorts are a little short for my liking, but the cheerleader in me just figured some spandex bike shorts underneath would fix that! Bahaha!

Steven & I headed out to the bus stop, and if I remember correctly, had to wait a bit for a bus, but we amused ourselves with our phones, thank goodness the wifi worked that far out! Lol. Soon enough, we had arrived over at MK and found a great rope side parade spot right in front of Hall of Presidents, beside the little shop beside it so the AC was flowing nicely every so often.

Ahhhh I adore FOTLK, and I didn't get to see it on my last trip so I was glad to live through it twice through your pictures. I can't wait to see the new theatre!
LOVE the bounds!

I know it's not the show itself, but I super love the new building. I love that it has it's own little area and frankly it's just break-taking to look at. A perfect fit for Africa where it should have been from day 1.

Geez Katt, these may be some of your best FotLK photos yet, and you have a LOT of FotLK photos. These are fantastic!!

Very cute Disneybounds.

Ugh, FOTLK feels are strong.

I appreciate that you just got back and watched it again. Marie would do that if I let her.

Yea! I'm glad you've been busy because I didn't get too far behind on this one. :rotfl:

I knew you and Steven were the FOLK birds but I missed my chance to guess.

Sigh, so enjoyed the FOLK pictures. Mom and I didn't make it to the show in October so you better believe it's on the top of my list for December. So excited that they load you into the Giraffe section first since that is "my" section. ::yes:: :lmao:

Yeah for being reunited with FOTLK! Glad you found it as "feels" as before

You definitely got some good shots - especially some of the close-ups :goodvibes

Oooh, occasional air conditioning while waiting for the FoF parade sounds wonderful!

"Occasional Air Conditioning" would also make for a good 80's New Wave album name ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter