IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

Happy FD Day! Hope everyone got the FD they wanted!

I have been on FB and my planning group there has had SEVERAL people who were already turned down bc the resorts allotted rooms for FD are full!! I heard reports of this on CSR, WL, Bay Lake, and BC.

Hopefully YOU all got what you wanted though!

I was able to book mine! I did switch to POP though, but it was cheaper than we had planned so we are now going to get to go 2 extra days! Wahooooo for 12 days in Disney!!! :banana:

That puts us at POP Sept 27-Oct 8, in a preferred room, which is AWESOME for my poor feet! I was also able to add the MM with my savings and I am getting a $200+ credit back onto my card! I am going to use that $$ to buy my MNSSHP tickets when it comes through! :)

Please change mine to ASMu instead of ASMo. Still 9/28 - 10/3 though.

Re-booked to get "FD". :goodvibes

We are going Oct 29 - Nov 4 (or 5 haven't finalized the last day yet).

MNSSHP - 10/30

This is our first time for Halloween there. Very excited. We have done Christmas, Star Wars weekends, Feb and Spring Break before.

CSR starting 10/2 through 10/12! Thanks to FD, we extended our trip by 3 nights and still saved $$$ :)

I really wanted CSR but there weren't any standard rooms available for our dates. We are at CBR 10/1-10/10

Call and check for cancellations at CSR, you may be able to switch. I've seen others on the boards finding openings at CSR after the initial FD rush.

My family of 6 will be back home at BCV from Oct 30th - Nov 4th going to the Halloween night party. This will be our first time at the party so we are looking forward to it.

I hope everyone's plans are coming together. We finally figured out our days before and after the condo stay which I am happy about. Decided to do one night at Double tree @ entrance to Universal since we will be at IOA for our first park day then our last night is Hilton Bonnet creek with last day being a pool day and DTD before we drive home in evening. Super excited about staying there. it looks so pretty and has a lazy river:thumbsup2 We got both with points so extra bonus. Seems so far away but I dont want to rush it to be here and gone then a long winter ahead.

Checking in! We are going Oct 1-8 at CBR w/free dining. Just checked Touring Plans and the crowds for that time still look pretty low for the week (mostly 2-3's). Hard to believe after seeing how quickly the resorts are booking up for FD.

Greetings to all! My children (DS - 15, DD-13, DS-8), my SO and I are going to be at AofA from 17-23 OCT. I have been planning for more than a year and can't wait!!! My parents are joining us from Seattle for the same week!

Joining the thread....We will be staying at the Contemporary from Oct 13-18. Celebrating 2 birthdays, 2 half-birthdays and one anniversary! MNSSHP on the 16...me, DH, DD and DS are dressing up as the Incredibles. :). Can't wait!!

WDW has announced the bands performing at this year's Food & Wine Fest!

2014 Eat to the Beat Concert Lineup Announced for Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

New acts coming this year include the Jo Dee Messina, Fuel and Los Lonely Boys. There are also several returning favorites, including Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Boyz II Men.

Sept 19-21 – Jo Dee Messina
Sept. 22-23 – The Pointer Sisters
Sept. 24-25 – Rick Springfield
Sept. 26-27 – Christopher Cross
Sept. 28-29 – Hanson
Sept. 30-Oct. 2 – Air Supply
Oct. 3-5 – STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas
Oct. 6-8 – Sugar Ray
Oct. 9-10 – Fuel
Oct. 11-12 – Sister Hazel
Oct. 13-14 – TBD
Oct. 15-16 – Billy Ocean
Oct. 17-19 – Night Ranger
Oct. 20-22 – Smash Mouth
Oct. 23-24 – Jim Brickman
Oct. 25-26 – Los Lonely Boys
Oct. 27-28 – Wilson Phillips
Oct. 29-31 – Dennis DeYoung, original member of STYX
Nov. 1-2 – 38 Special
Nov. 3-5 – Boyz II Men
Nov. 6-7 – David Cook
Nov. 8-10 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

I saw a few celebrating anniversaries in October... I'm curious how many of us are there? We will be celebrating ours as well... 11 years October 4! :)
Celebrating 8 years during our trip (10/14)...still holding out hope that I can snag an ADR at BOG that night!

OMG I hope I can find a costume similar to this for MNSSHP for my oldest, she really want to be Maleficent.
How old is your daughter? I got an adult-sized Maleficent costume at the Disney Store last year (online). Though with the movie coming out this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if they have child-sized ones this year! It's very hot though....not sure I'd wear it in Florida in October. Was perfect for trick-or-treating in Ohio though! :)

So, I planned all of our park dates based on the recommended "green" days at undercovertourist.com. But now I've just learned about easywdw, and all of my green days are red days on that site! EEEK! Anyone have any recommendations on which is more reliable?

Also, have been reading in this thread how October is getting more and more crowded, and am getting worried that we have picked a bad time to go? (Especially since most of October is excluded from FD!) Our last trip was in early May, and we found the weather and crowds to be great - I thought this trip would be comparable, but now not so sure? Not that there is ever a "bad" day in Disney....but don't want the little ones (or DH) hot and cranky! :furious:

So, I planned all of our park dates based on the recommended "green" days at undercovertourist.com. But now I've just learned about easywdw, and all of my green days are red days on that site! EEEK! Anyone have any recommendations on which is more reliable?

Also, have been reading in this thread how October is getting more and more crowded, and am getting worried that we have picked a bad time to go? (Especially since most of October is excluded from FD!) Our last trip was in early May, and we found the weather and crowds to be great - I thought this trip would be comparable, but now not so sure? Not that there is ever a "bad" day in Disney....but don't want the little ones (or DH) hot and cranky! :furious:

This will be my first trip. I have asked this very question and was told that Josh at easywdw was more reliable. I based my park days off what he said. He take the time to explain why. What he said made sense to me so I'm going with it. UT say the crowd levels on my date are between a 1 to 3 each day, but people are saying that October is becoming busier. On easywdw the crowd level for each day is predicted to be around a 5 each day. I find the level 5 to be more believable.

We will be staying at the Venetian Bay Villages. Our dates are the same. MNSSHP date will be 10/05. Hope to see my fellow Diser's there.

HHN is incredible! Scary, but incredible! I honestly loved it when I went way back when. While no plans for it this trip I have still been keeping an eye on it and the Halloween Express/Scare passes are highly recommended if you are only doing one night.

Yes the Express Pass for HHN will be a surprise for my husband to be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter