IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

So, I planned all of our park dates based on the recommended "green" days at undercovertourist.com. But now I've just learned about easywdw, and all of my green days are red days on that site! EEEK! Anyone have any recommendations on which is more reliable?

Also, have been reading in this thread how October is getting more and more crowded, and am getting worried that we have picked a bad time to go? (Especially since most of October is excluded from FD!) Our last trip was in early May, and we found the weather and crowds to be great - I thought this trip would be comparable, but now not so sure? Not that there is ever a "bad" day in Disney....but don't want the little ones (or DH) hot and cranky! :furious:

I also did a lot of research on this and found that most people seem to agree that Josh at Easywdw is very reliable. Like someone else mentioned, he explain why you should or should not visit each park.

I wouldnt worry about the crowds too much. Its easy to feel like everyone else in the world is going the same time as you when you are immersed in the Dis boards, but remember that we are a super tiny percentage of the public that will actually be there. Also, with all the FD hoopla it feels like resorts are "full" bc you see people getting turned away for FD and etc, but really they did fewer resorts eligible this year and we have no idea how many rooms they allotted to FD, it may not be as high as it seems. :thumbsup2

We will be at Coronado Springs from 10/3 - 10/7 for our first ever WDW vacation. CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!! :cool1:

Yeah.....I have been off of here for a little while because our trip was canceled due to my husband getting laid off from his job due to his plant moving to Italy. However, with lots of faith and hard work he was just offered another job here in town AND they are going to honor the week we planned to go to WDW with our friends in October so we are now back in business! I am so happy that everything has worked out for us and that we will be able to give our children this awesome experience October 5-12!!!!!:cool1:

Yeah.....I have been off of here for a little while because our trip was canceled due to my husband getting laid off from his job due to his plant moving to Italy. However, with lots of faith and hard work he was just offered another job here in town AND they are going to honor the week we planned to go to WDW with our friends in October so we are now back in business! I am so happy that everything has worked out for us and that we will be able to give our children this awesome experience October 5-12!!!!!:cool1:

Wow! never heard of a plant moving the the US to Italy before! Thats awful that it happened but congrats to him for the new job and getting the week off! Yay family vacation, totally deserved after dealing with all that stress!:goodvibes

I really need October to get here, I think I am AGAIN changing my park days around:faint:
(never mind, I am indecisive)

Wow! never heard of a plant moving the the US to Italy before! Thats awful that it happened but congrats to him for the new job and getting the week off! Yay family vacation, totally deserved after dealing with all that stress!:goodvibes

Yes, I totally agree. He is a biochemist and it was a start up plant in the US for biomass to biofuel. The investors are from Italy and the original plant is in Italy as well. Needless to say, I am so happy for the new job, that we do not have to move, AND that part of his salary negotiation included making sure our family can still go on our trip. Now I have to find out all about these magibands because I haven't been paying att:confused3ention since I didn't think we would be going.:confused3

We got our MNSSHP tickets for Oct 5th, which is also our DD 10th birthday! We are surprising her with a trip to the World and we just can't wait!! She did just tell me that she wants to be Mary Poppins for Halloween, but afraid that will be too warm for early October in FL. Will be perfect for NE Ohio on Halloween night though!

Contemporary / Polynesian March 1983 Boardwalk Villas October 2012

Just realized I've been on this list forever and didn't list my resort! I've been planning almost a year. Will be at Pop Century 10-17 to 10-25.

We got our MNSSHP tickets for Oct 5th, which is also our DD 10th birthday! We are surprising her with a trip to the World and we just can't wait!! She did just tell me that she wants to be Mary Poppins for Halloween, but afraid that will be too warm for early October in FL. Will be perfect for NE Ohio on Halloween night though!

Contemporary / Polynesian March 1983 Boardwalk Villas October 2012

We will be at MNSSHP on that night as well! A few days late for my DD's 4th birthday. :) We are doing BBB right before that and giving her an Anna Coronation makeover, I already found the perfect dress!!! We would have done the regular Anna dress but I feared it would be too warm for Florida as well. We are in WI so Halloween always means LAYERS LAYERS LAYERS. She'll wear the regular one for trick or treating at home (with a custom Anna hoodie as well). Dang Midwest weather.

is there an ADR Cancel thread im trying to get 1900 park fare for Halloween night at 5 before the party
Make sure to keep checking online, too. Very few cancellations actually get posted on the cancellation board; I've had success by simply checking back several times a day. Good luck!!!

If anyone was trying to get BBB for Halloween Day I cancelled my daughters it was 1:40 and we moved it to the 29th because she wants to be something different on Halloween

is there an ADR Cancel thread im trying to get 1900 park fare for Halloween night at 5 before the party

You may already know this, but just in case you don't, you can get into MK at 4 PM with just your party ticket. If there are any special party only characters you are wanting to see, it is best to line up for them by 6pm.

Joining the October crew!! No free dining though, have to go on fall break so party of 10 all staying at POR! Halloween party on Monday the 13!

For those attending this year's Food & Wine Fest, some new info has been released by Disney:

New Patagonia Marketplace will debut at this year's Epcot Food and Wine Festival

As the 2014 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival begins to wrap up, food and drink lovers can now turn their attention to the 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.

New this year on the World Showcase promenade will be Patagonia Marketplace, which combines the flavors of Argentina and Chile featuring a salmon dish with a kick. Florida Local Marketplace will be replaced with the new Farm Fresh Marketplace, featuring a new “Bacon and Eggs” dish with applewood-smoked, pepper-coated bacon, sweet corn, potatoes, Hollandaise and pickled jalapeños. Finally, the Brazil Marketplace will feature Mocequa de Pescado, a fresh tilapia dish featuring coconut lime sauce and steamed rice.

Along with the new marketplaces, expect to see your favorites return when the festival begins on September 19 2014. This year's event is the longest in its 19 year history, running a total of 53 days, through to November 10 2014.

Also new this year will be Back to Basics series at the Festival Welcome Center. The complimentary weekend series will feature guest presenters with epicurean tips and tricks from the pros. Culinary demonstrations and mixology and wine seminars will continue to offer new tastes and sips for a nominal fee.

Other festival highlights include:
•More than 270 chefs including Disney chefs and culinary stars from across the country.

•Party for the Senses grand tasting events Saturday evenings showcasing tempting bites from eminent chefs, more than 50 wines and beers and live entertainment.

•Premium events including the back-by-demand “Parisian Breakfast” on Saturdays; new “Sunday Mornings with…” plated brunch starring an acclaimed pastry chef or baker crafting three favorite desserts for sampling; and new “Boot Camp Series” interactive experience with epicurean challenges to hone your “inner chef.”

•Opening night through Sept. 21, new festival act Jo Dee Messina will rock the house at America Gardens Theatre as part of Eat to the Beat. Other new beats on tap include Rick Springfield (Sept. 24-25); Fuel (Oct. 9-10); Jim Brickman (Oct. 23-24); Los Lonely Boys (Oct. 25-26); and David Cook (Nov. 6-7). The Pointer Sisters (Sept. 22-23), Christopher Cross (Sept. 26-27) and other fan favorites will return to play the festival stage. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (Nov. 8-10) will close the event.

•Renowned chefs such as Warren Brown, Rock Harper, Jennifer Hill Booker, Erika Davis, Paula DaSilva, Gale Gand, Dana Herbert, Jamie Deen, Jerome Brown, Dean Max, “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, Allen Susser, Duskie Estes and John Stewart will share their talents during culinary demos and premium events.

ADVICE please

Okay so we check in October 28th we will just have dinner at cape may and swim and just chill.

October 29th MK ALL DAY

Im confused on what to do the 30th, should we do a break day and just swim chill and have a nice dinner? Or Hop From Epcot to MK leave MK around 6:00 and have dinner at 6:30 and relax rest of night? this is confusing since on Halloween Day we are buying MNSSHP tickets and maybe thinking just relax and swim and just do QS that whole day and go to the park around 5ish? That way we can take time getting our kiddos Halloween costumes on etc.

What would you do?

Then on Nov 1st my oldest birthday is that day and were spending our entire day at Hollywood Studios

ADVICE please

Okay so we check in October 28th we will just have dinner at cape may and swim and just chill.

October 29th MK ALL DAY

Im confused on what to do the 30th, should we do a break day and just swim chill and have a nice dinner? Or Hop From Epcot to MK leave MK around 6:00 and have dinner at 6:30 and relax rest of night? this is confusing since on Halloween Day we are buying MNSSHP tickets and maybe thinking just relax and swim and just do QS that whole day and go to the park around 5ish? That way we can take time getting our kiddos Halloween costumes on etc.

What would you do?

Then on Nov 1st my oldest birthday is that day and were spending our entire day at Hollywood Studios

I would park hop on the 30th, I def wouldnt take a rest day only on my third day in. But leaving and having dinner in the 6 o clock hour is good because you should be able to get back to your resort for a decent bed time. Then I would rest the MNSSHP day until 4-6ish, and then go for the party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter