Its Rivalry weekend in college football

my two favorite woody hayes quotes of all time...

Because I couldn't go for three. ~ Hayes when asked why he went for two after final touchdown in 50-14 win over Michigan

We do not pull in and fill up. And I'll tell you why we don't. It's because I don't buy one goddamn drop of gas in the state of Michigan. We'll coast and push this goddamn car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of my money. ~ To assistant coach Ed Ferkany as they were low on gas in Michigan on a recruiting trip.

Cal beat Stanford last week. Not that it's all that impressive, but it was 9 losses in a row before last week. Cal's at UCLA right now. I still can't figure out why they play at the Rose Bowl and why they've never had their own stadium.
\

The price of real estate in Westwood. Their practice field was only 80 yards for years. Also, their first 2-3 games are played before the students even get on campus. They're still on quarters. Speaking of Worstwood High, they lost to USC last week. Stomped in fact. Fear Chip Kelley. HAHAHAHA.

\

The price of real estate in Westwood. Their practice field was only 80 yards for years. Also, their first 2-3 games are played before the students even get on campus. They're still on quarters. Speaking of Worstwood High, they lost to USC last week. Stomped in fact. Fear Chip Kelley. HAHAHAHA.

I know the history, especially the awkwardness of sharing the LA Coliseum with USC for almost 50 years. That’s got to be weird, especially playing “home games” across the street from your biggest rival. They even played home basketball games at the LA Sports Arena when Pauley Pavilion was being redone.

The current track stadium was the proposed site for a football stadium.

https://dailybruin.com/2018/10/10/t...cidental-fees-to-construct-on-campus-stadium/
web.op_.tbt_-529x640.jpg

They were also concerned that the costs would be tacked on to student fees, which would have been especially noticeable since there was no California resident tuition. I looked up the history of University of California fees and tuition.

https://www.dailycal.org/2014/12/22/history-uc-tuition-since-1868/

Well my Tide lost, not unexpected, we’ve not been very strong this year, just hoping Kirby and his Bulldogs can take down LSU in the SEC Championship!

Well my Tide lost, not unexpected, we’ve not been very strong this year, just hoping Kirby and his Bulldogs can take down LSU in the SEC Championship!
Last I heard we’ll most likely still be in the playoffs either way. As you know, you don’t always have to be the conference champ to get in.

Last I heard we’ll most likely still be in the playoffs either way. As you know, you don’t always have to be the conference champ to get in.
That's what I heard. Both LSU and OSU even if they lose. I'm hoping my Badgers play next week like they have the last couple of weeks. If it were not for that embarrassing loss to Illinois we would still be in the thick of it.

I’m just about always SEC regardless but this year I will have to step out of bounds and support Ohio State.

I’m just about always SEC regardless but this year I will have to step out of bounds and support Ohio State.
I agree. I usually am too, but there are just a few teams I just can’t support. It’s not just you, though. Ole Miss is on my list too. Good thing is I rarely have to worry about them 😂.

DS just graduated from University of Virginia, and DD is a junior at Virginia Tech. We’ve gone to the Thanksgiving game between these two teams for the past three years. This week they were playing each other for the ACC Coastal Division title as well. VT has won the past 15 games in a row, but this time UVA won! And it was a home game for UVA too. It was pretty electric! DS was very happy; DD not so much.

Our game was yesterday. Washington State University vs University of Washington. We’re cougars. Sadly we lost, not a surprise.

We're a "house" divided.
DS University of WA (and DIL too) and DD WSU.
I don't have a favorite, but must say DD is much more devoted to her Cougs

I agree. I usually am too, but there are just a few teams I just can’t support. It’s not just you, though. Ole Miss is on my list too. Good thing is I rarely have to worry about them 😂.
Funny, Ohio State is one team I have no interest in supporting :P. I used to be All B1G in the playoffs, but the OSU fans have been sooooo obnoxious in the last few years I just can't stand the team anymore. Sorry, I'm also not an SEC fan. So ... I'll have to go for Utah or Oklahoma I think.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the Badgers will make it back to the Rose Bowl.

Hah, hah, hah. Not gonna happen. Since SC beat GA earlier in the year and TAMU almost beat them, they are not going to beat LSU. I graduated from UTx- Austin and TAMU, so Thanksgiving was always rooting for UT until I graduated from TAMU. Our son graduated from LSU. Since LSU was beaten by TAMU last year, I knew they would be gunning for a big win. GA doesn't have a chance against LSU this year. It's too bad Bama didn't let their second QB play much before Tua got hurt. He needed the practice to help them win. I just hope Tua's football career isn't over. He was pretty good until Saban played him too much when he was hurt.

OK, I don't follow college football, but I'm somewhat aware of which teams are perennial favorites.

How did Utah suddenly become a powerhouse? Or were they always good and I didn't know it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter