I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Today's the day I get the Pfizer. My husband and daughter as well. I'm really nervous about any of us having a bad reaction. I need you to tell me you were ok after it! Please!

Just need some courage for today! Thanks so much everyone.

I know a lot of people who got the Pfizer including my two oldest kids. Only side effects I’ve heard about from people I know is a sore arm and feeling tired the next day.

Would prefer AZ for my 2nd shot. I watched the NACI news conference and while not as clear as I would like, my take away was get the same vaccine for your 2nd if you can but if you can't because of health reasons, fear of blood clots or availability, then OK to take Pfizer or Moderna. I have no history of blood clots and no real underlying health issues except for low level hypertension. I went to an AZ pop up clinic at my local Shoppers Drug Mart mid April. I know I'm on Shoppers contact list as I still get email notifications for 1st shot of Pfizer. While I'd be more reassured if the Shoppers database knew I already had AZ as my first shot and didn't send me the Pfizer notice, at least I'm getting some contact from them. I'm going to check the Ontario vaccination site again to see if any way to sign up on a waitlist for my 2nd AZ but think I need to wait for Shoppers to contact me. Not happy that's murky as would rather know exactly where I stand and when I can get my 2nd shot. ps I completely understand everyone's decision and looks like I'm in the minority re AZ. As @bababear_50 said, vaccines save lives. Not just our own, but the lives of everyone around us. Always have. Always will. My grandmother was an emergency room nurse and she'd be proud that we are stepping up and saving lives by getting our shots.

I tried this morning to book my 2nd dose on the Ontario portal for within my timeframe but it won’t let me, I received AZ for my 1st shot. It states I have to contact the pharmacy or family physician who administered the 1st dose. I asked Costco the other day, that’s where I received my 1st dose, and they advised me they haven’t even been authorized to give the 2nd dose. This is so frustrating seeing as they advised you can mix if you want.

Would prefer AZ for my 2nd shot. I watched the NACI news conference and while not as clear as I would like, my take away was get the same vaccine for your 2nd if you can but if you can't because of health reasons, fear of blood clots or availability, then OK to take Pfizer or Moderna. I have no history of blood clots and no real underlying health issues except for low level hypertension. I went to an AZ pop up clinic at my local Shoppers Drug Mart mid April. I know I'm on Shoppers contact list as I still get email notifications for 1st shot of Pfizer. While I'd be more reassured if the Shoppers database knew I already had AZ as my first shot and didn't send me the Pfizer notice, at least I'm getting some contact from them. I'm going to check the Ontario vaccination site again to see if any way to sign up on a waitlist for my 2nd AZ but think I need to wait for Shoppers to contact me. Not happy that's murky as would rather know exactly where I stand and when I can get my 2nd shot. ps I completely understand everyone's decision and looks like I'm in the minority re AZ. As @bababear_50 said, vaccines save lives. Not just our own, but the lives of everyone around us. Always have. Always will. My grandmother was an emergency room nurse and she'd be proud that we are stepping up and saving lives by getting our shots.
Thanks for this calming post. It’s well reasoned and helped calm me down a bit this morning. I was feeling pretty feisty 😈.

Last edited:
I thought that the risk of VITT was negligible with the second shot? If you didn't get it with the first then you really don't have to worry about it. I'm only finding news stories saying so though, haven't had a chance to look further.

I thought that the risk of VITT was negligible with the second shot? If you didn't get it with the first then you really don't have to worry about it. I'm only finding news stories saying so though, haven't had a chance to look further.
From ctv news:

It is hard to quantify but it looks like that risk instead of being one in 50 to 60,000 in the first dose may closer to one in 600,000 to one in a million for the second dose.”

“It’s fair to say it’s not zero, but it's also fair to say that it's far less risky.”

So very small risk, but I’ll still need to watch over those 42! days.

This just in. Haven’t read it all yet.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globaln...ovid-vaccines-astrazeneca-pfizer-moderna/amp/
from the article:
Starting June 4, those who received their first AstraZeneca shot 12 weeks ago and who would like a second of the same dose can contact the pharmacy or primary care provider where they got that first dose to book their second appointment, the government said.

Starting June 7, those who have had their first AstraZeneca dose and who want an mRNA vaccine for their second can register for a “second dose only” at a 12-week interval through the provincial or local booking system, depending on the person’s health unit.

So July 14 is my date to be able to get Pfizer. I wonder if they will even have appointments available for then. My niece has her appointment June 28th for her first shot. Ottawa is SLOW on getting the doses given.

Ok. Today's the day I get the Pfizer. My husband and daughter as well. I'm really nervous about any of us having a bad reaction. I need you to tell me you were ok after it! Please!

Myself, my husband, and my 25 year old son all had Pfizer. Other than a sore arm for 24 hours we felt fine. Ice it when you get home, and you should be fine.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...une-3-2021-updated-vaccine-guidance-1.6051449
"
Starting tomorrow, June 4, individuals who received the AstraZeneca vaccine at least 12 weeks ago and wish to have a second shot of the same vaccine can contact the pharmacy or physician who provided it for their subsequent dose.

Or, if they choose to get a dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, they can get a shot at a pharmacy that is offering those.

Beginning on June 7, those who got the AstraZeneca vaccine will be able to book their second of shot of either Pfizer or Moderna through the province's central system or via their local public health unit, depending on where they live."

Ohhhh boy . So I called the pharmacy where I had my first dose of AZ to ask if we needed to rebook sooner appointments or potentially look elsewhere for an appointment if they wouldn’t be getting more vaccine.
I got a clearly VERY frustrated pharmacist who sounded like she was going to lose it and she doesn’t know any more than the rest of us basically . I could not have been more patient or kind , she’s just having a time of it , and who can blame her ? The changes have people flipping out on pharmacy and health care workers and everyone is at the end of their tether . She ranted for a solid three or four minutes .

She said she will contact us for second shots but right now she doesn’t know what vaccine that will be or when . So we are all in the same boat here and extreme patience is needed. I’ll get what I can get when I can get it I guess .

Zero symptoms after two Pfizers for me. My wife was tired the next day after dose one. Dose two just a sore arm. Our minor daughter had no symptoms.

I got my first jab of Moderna last Friday. For those that have not yet received any vaccines ... it was really a non event from the perspective of: (i) only side effect was a slightly bruised feeling in my arm on Sat., no different than any other vaccine & (ii) I really didn't feel the injection. Second dose is now scheduled for early Sept ... with optimism that will be moved up.

Any news on boarder opening ... as we have a trip planned for late November?

2 Phizer shots a week apart in this household. DH had no reactions and I had a slightly sore arm. I didn't need to take anything. One thing recommended to us was to move the arm a lot after getting the vaccine. I told DH he could vacuum. :rotfl:

Just watching the morning news CTV. Apparently we are 71% vaccinated here in BC. And they’re saying we need to be 85% to stop the variants? Another day with count under 200!
DH had Pfizer for 1st jab, going in Sunday for 2nd. Older dd & I had Moderna and going for second jab on 15th. Don’t know if we’ll get Moderna or Pfizer! Moderna supply has been problematic at best. But because they’re same RNA technology I will take whatever I’m offered. Can’t wait for 15th!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter