I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...but my son-in-law has developed a VERY severe rash and hives that has required repeat trips back to the ER for emergency IV antihistamines and corticosteroids. Even 10 days post and he is still having flair ups and can not use his arm much. An uncle has had trouble with his heart now...and my sister is having trouble with her eyes. I think we will hear about more side effects in the coming months.
Statistically, most side effects/adverse reactions are reported within the first three months and with the first three million doses.

Statistically, most side effects/adverse reactions are reported within the first three months and with the first three million doses
I agree that most side effects.adverse effects are reported within that time frame...but it seems that there are more side effects now than were originally reported. It just seems that I am hearing more from others, but yet they are not listed as a side effect - especially my sister's eyes. Eye sight loss is a pretty serious side effect. It's kind of a catch 22....you could get really sick from actually contracting covid...you could have a very serious side effect from the vaccine from covid.

Not sure what Sept will look like for me.
I miss the kids but work in Elementary school ,,,no kids vaccinated by then.

Went in to pick up my personal stuff...
Observations since I've been gone .........................::(
Classes still 25 and above
No increased ventilation in past year and half
No air purifiers
No washroom updates
No warm/hot water in any classrooms
No air conditioning
Lots of Code #1 and Code # 2 and Code #3 Asbestos removal notices.
Lots of Millwork removal notices (most of the millwork is rotten and full of mildew) and lots of spider nests..EWWW!
Classrooms are barren of all that actually make a classroom inviting for a child ,,,everything is packed away.
School is over 150 years old.
No information regarding masking. Public Health Dept. hasn't consulted with our Educational Workers in a year and half.
We think masks will still be mandated though. Not sure if goggles will be mandated like last Spring.
I was hoping for better.
Peel Region.
Hugs
Mel

I think the only solution to increase ventilation in those 150 year old schools is to tear them down.

I think the only solution to increase ventilation in those 150 year old schools is to tear them down.
What about HEPA filters in each classroom? & maybe UV-C lights (obviously installed in a way that wouldn't be harmful to the people in the room). I had thought that with the stimulus money that came out for COVID that it should have been spent on these upgrades in the schools. It would help with common allergens as well as all sorts of other bugs. :confused3

What about HEPA filters in each classroom? & maybe UV-C lights (obviously installed in a way that wouldn't be harmful to the people in the room). I had thought that with the stimulus money that came out for COVID that it should have been spent on these upgrades in the schools. It would help with common allergens as well as all sorts of other bugs. :confused3

The sad thing is I would have thought the upgrades would have been expedited during the students absence ( online learning) however this has not happened and there is NO budget to do so.
Just think if Asbestos is still now in 2021 being safely removed from Ontario schools then we are VERY much behind on needed repairs and upgrades in Ont.

If a school was built before the 1980s, it likely contains some form of asbestos.
although a USA based article it has many facts for parents & school staff regarding Asbestos.

https://www.asbestos.com/asbestos/schools/Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
The sad thing is I would have thought the upgrades would have been expedited during the students absence ( online learning) however this has not happened and there is NO budget to do so.
Just think if Asbestos is just now in 2021 being safely removed from Ontario schools then we are VERY much behind on needed repairs and upgrades in Ont.
https://www.asbestos.com/asbestos/schools/Hugs
Mel
Yeah, I know wishful thinking... It would have been great to have these updates as it would overall improve the health of everyone even excluding COVID. It is too bad our politicians don't do more to make these common sense updates that are desperately needed.

Good luck with school next year! :tink: :tink: :tink:

Those old schools have so much going on with unsafe air, that I doubt that a Hepa filter is going to solve the problem. Won't hurt, but it isn't the solution.

There have been recent reports about people catching the Delta variant just by passing through the same outdoor space as someone else with the variant.

Last edited:
I agree that most side effects.adverse effects are reported within that time frame...but it seems that there are more side effects now than were originally reported. It just seems that I am hearing more from others, but yet they are not listed as a side effect - especially my sister's eyes. Eye sight loss is a pretty serious side effect. It's kind of a catch 22....you could get really sick from actually contracting covid...you could have a very serious side effect from the vaccine from covid.

Yeah but you can’t just assume every health issue you have within a few months of a vaccine is because of that vaccine.

Many or most things people are claiming are not occurring any more often than randomly occur normally. The one verified thing is minor myocarditis, mostly all male teens and very young men, no deaths and most recovered with Advil or no treatment. I spoke to Sick Kids cardiology before my daughter was vaccinated as she had open heart surgery as a baby. I was told Covid causes severe myocarditis and other serious side effects. They fully support all kids 12 and over being fully vaccinated. All medical conditions people develop, have an origin. Given that nearly 80% of the population has been vaccinated over the last few months, of course, a certain number will develop new health issues. That doesn’t mean the vaccine caused them. There are so many anecdotal stories being passed around. Unless these are fact based and verified by medical professionals, I try just to tune these out.

Got my Official Irish Government Vaccine Digital Cert this morning. Its a PDF document with a unique QR code and ID number and has my details from the Vaccine Registration website, including which vaccine I got and when I got my second dose. It can be printed and folded up as well as just being on your phone.

In Ireland this will be used for indoor dining when restaurants and bars are allowed to reopen in a few weeks. People will have to show this Vaccine Cert at restaurants and bars.
It will also be used for International travel. On July 19 Irish people will be able to use this Vaccine Cert to travel to countries in EU. Travel outside The EU is still not allowed.

Many or most things people are claiming are not occurring any more often than randomly occur normally. The one verified thing is minor myocarditis, mostly all male teens and very young men, no deaths and most recovered with Advil or no treatment. I spoke to Sick Kids cardiology before my daughter was vaccinated as she had open heart surgery as a baby. I was told Covid causes severe myocarditis and other serious side effects. They fully support all kids 12 and over being fully vaccinated. All medical conditions people develop, have an origin. Given that nearly 80% of the population has been vaccinated over the last few months, of course, a certain number will develop new health issues. That doesn’t mean the vaccine caused them. There are so many anecdotal stories being passed around. Unless these are fact based and verified by medical professionals, I try just to tune these out.
I am a little worried with my 12 yo and the myocardial issues that we keep hearing about .
He’s had his one dose with no issues, second dose is a week or two away.
Did Sick Kids say that there are severe issues or you mean that’s what you heard from others before you talked to them?

xHfIeev.jpg

Just sharing an email I got today from Shoppers Drug Mart

Hugs
Mel

Please remember the new guidelines gang, sharing facts is fine but adding any type of editorial comments is not. We can provide links to scientific data regarding the immunity provided by vaccines and/or contracting COVID-19 but we can NOT comment or argue about believing, trusting or following that information.

This thread isn't one we want to see get locked! It has from the beginning and continues to provide help to those who are looking for locations of where to get their jabs and allowing a place to share symptoms we've experienced. I've found this thread and the one with the poll to be rays of hope as we push towards getting as many jabs into arms as possible.

I am a little worried with my 12 yo and the myocardial issues that we keep hearing about .
He’s had his one dose with no issues, second dose is a week or two away.
Did Sick Kids say that there are severe issues or you mean that’s what you heard from others before you talked to them?
Yes. It was Sick Kids I spoke with after this appeared in the news as my daughter had her appointment. They are telling their patients to vaccinate and yes, my daughter’s cardiology clinic nurse told me that Covid infection causes severe myocarditis and from what they are seeing, and hearing about in Israel etc, the one associated with the vaccine, 12 cases or so, per million doses has been different, mostly boys, very mild and easily resolved with out treatment or with advil etc. My daughter will get her second shot in August. She said if anythung changed, they would let me know.

In Alberta, Adverse Events are required by law to be reported within 3 days of the health practitioner being informed. Our immunization form is a full size page, double sided, giving you all the info on side effects. 589739

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter