I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get a cold sore after their vaccine?

I rarely get them, and usually only when I'm about to get sick or have high stress and I'm fighting off a bug. So I wondered if today's cold sore has anything to do with my Friday vaccine... or am I about to get an unrelated sickness?
Hi Hon
Now I am prone to cold sores but usually in the winter time.
Yes I got a cold sore on my lip a week after getting my 2nd shot (Pfizer) ,,weird thing is it went away way faster than my normal cold sores.
Hope your goes away soon.
Hugs
Mel

Hi Hon
Now I am prone to cold sores but usually in the winter time.
Yes I got a cold sore on my lip a week after getting my 2nd shot (Pfizer) ,,weird thing is it went away way faster than my normal cold sores.
Hope your goes away soon.
Hugs
Mel
Yes! I know it's a cold sore, but it's not a big one. It's barely there and not tingling. It's been almost a week since my #2 vaccine.

Interesting. Thanks.

Oh how I miss the COVID and the rest of us thread and didn’t think to look here! I’m in Mississauga, got my second shot last Monday and was surprised it was Pfizer again! My husband and my 13 year old went on Saturday for their second shot and both got Pfizer. Of course, expected for the 13 year old but again a surprise for my husband. We were very fortunate and had no side effects. Waiting for the 8 year old to be able to get hers, hoping she lucks out like the rest of the family and has no side effects when she gets it!

Niagara Region area people.. heads up - I just copied this from CP24’s twitter feed..

More than 200 people will need to return to a vaccine clinic for a 3rd coronavirus shot in Niagara after six random people received saline solution by mistake
https://t.co/dSNfAEeKn6
That’s where hubby and I had our shots but we got our shots on the 17th (the day after this mix up ).

Interesting vaccination experience my cousin had, who went to the clinic at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Sunday. My cousin and her husband both received advance emails that they would be getting Moderna for their second doses (first was Pfizer). So no surprises, or so they thought.

Once there she was told she would indeed be getting Moderna, but her husband was told he could line up in the (shorter) Pfizer lineup with other adults. My cousin spoke to a supervisor to try to find out what the criteria was to decide who gets Pfizer and was told that people were “randomly” assigned Pfizer due to the shortage. Has anyone else seen this happen in Toronto. Seems strange and unfair that clinic staff would be given such power to judge and decide who gets a particular vaccine.

Interesting vaccination experience my cousin had, who went to the clinic at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Sunday. My cousin and her husband both received advance emails that they would be getting Moderna for their second doses (first was Pfizer). So no surprises, or so they thought.

Once there she was told she would indeed be getting Moderna, but her husband was told he could line up in the (shorter) Pfizer lineup with other adults. My cousin spoke to a supervisor to try to find out what the criteria was to decide who gets Pfizer and was told that people were “randomly” assigned Pfizer due to the shortage. Has anyone else seen this happen in Toronto. Seems strange and unfair that clinic staff would be given such power to judge and decide who gets a particular vaccine.

It doesn’t seem strange to me. The clinic obviously got a mix of Pfizer and Moderna. They had to think of a way to distribute it. They decided to randomly pick people. I don’t see the big deal.

What I don’t get is why people care so much when the 2 are basically the same.

It doesn’t seem strange to me. The clinic obviously got a mix of Pfizer and Moderna. They had to think of a way to distribute it. They decided to randomly pick people. I don’t see the big deal.

What I don’t get is why people care so much when the 2 are basically the same.
Exactly. I always say to people. It’s like ketchup—Heinz versus French’s. No worries on brand.

Question for those working from home, is your company planning on having people return to work in office in the fall?

My company is with a hybrid 2 days office 3 days at home. They are saying all the right things but the office is Downtown Toronto and everyone takes GO or TTC so getting very stressed out about it.

Question for those working from home, is your company planning on having people return to work in office in the fall?

My company is with a hybrid 2 days office 3 days at home. They are saying all the right things but the office is Downtown Toronto and everyone takes GO or TTC so getting very stressed out about it.

I work for the federal government so we don't have a lot of details yet but my understanding is we will be allowed to choose, and they expect most people will go with a hybrid of working from home and going into the office once or twice a month for meetings and such, which would need to be booked at "hotelling" desks. This is what I expect, and am very much hoping to stay home. I believe we will be allowed to go clean out our desks at some point this fall, in a controlled manner, most people left everything behind as we were only supposed to be home a few weeks. I am not sure if it will begin this fall though, they have a lot of logistics to work out, and people are reluctant to give up working from home, and also going in when we don't know if everyone is vaccinated or not. I don't think there will be a full time presence in the office until next fall. I am also told we are following federal guidelines rather than provincial, since we have offices across the country and each province has different restrictions.

From talking to my coworkers/friends in the office, most of them don't want to go back. I know one person who misses being in the office and one who misses our coffee breaks :) but everyone else is content at home. One lady I work with is very close to retiring and I think if they forced her back she would go early, but she does a lot and we can't afford to have her leave yet.

Anyone else get a cold sore after their vaccine?
No...but my son-in-law has developed a VERY severe rash and hives that has required repeat trips back to the ER for emergency IV antihistamines and corticosteroids. Even 10 days post and he is still having flair ups and can not use his arm much. An uncle has had trouble with his heart now...and my sister is having trouble with her eyes. I think we will hear about more side effects in the coming months.

We just posted our Step 3 plan after BC went to their step 3 on July 1st.

Staff have the option of continuing to work from home or working in the office, however we are limiting the number of staff in the office to a maximum of 9 at a time. We are also reserving the right to call staff into the office to work if we need them there.

Masks are now optional in the office when social distancing can be maintained, however we are still requiring onsite staff and clients to wear masks during their appointment.

I work for the federal government so we don't have a lot of details yet but my understanding is we will be allowed to choose, and they expect most people will go with a hybrid of working from home and going into the office once or twice a month for meetings and such, which would need to be booked at "hotelling" desks. This is what I expect, and am very much hoping to stay home. I believe we will be allowed to go clean out our desks at some point this fall, in a controlled manner, most people left everything behind as we were only supposed to be home a few weeks. I am not sure if it will begin this fall though, they have a lot of logistics to work out, and people are reluctant to give up working from home, and also going in when we don't know if everyone is vaccinated or not. I don't think there will be a full time presence in the office until next fall. I am also told we are following federal guidelines rather than provincial, since we have offices across the country and each province has different restrictions.

From talking to my coworkers/friends in the office, most of them don't want to go back. I know one person who misses being in the office and one who misses our coffee breaks :) but everyone else is content at home. One lady I work with is very close to retiring and I think if they forced her back she would go early, but she does a lot and we can't afford to have her leave yet.
Also a federal government employee and no real details other than the status quo is expected to be maintained until the fall. We've hired so many people to keep up with the demand for emergency relief payments though that I don't think we have enough office space for everyone.

Also a federal government employee and no real details other than the status quo is expected to be maintained until the fall. We've hired so many people to keep up with the demand for emergency relief payments though that I don't think we have enough office space for everyone.

that is very true here too. our call centres have thousands more working in them (for them? since they are all WFH) than normal, there are not enough desks for everyone even if they convert all the offices to the 2.0 standard (and how long would that take?).

Not sure what Sept will look like for me.
I miss the kids but work in Elementary school ,,,no kids vaccinated by then.

Went in to pick up my personal stuff...
Observations since I've been gone .........................::(
Classes still 25 and above
No increased ventilation in past year and half
No air purifiers
No washroom updates
No warm/hot water in any classrooms
No air conditioning
Lots of Code #1 and Code # 2 and Code #3 Asbestos removal notices.
Lots of Millwork removal notices (most of the millwork is rotten and full of mildew) and lots of spider nests..EWWW!
Classrooms are barren of all that actually make a classroom inviting for a child ,,,everything is packed away.
School is over 150 years old.
No information regarding masking. Public Health Dept. hasn't consulted with our Educational Workers in a year and half.
We think masks will still be mandated though. Not sure if goggles will be mandated like last Spring.
I was hoping for better.
Peel Region.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

We were also advised it will be a hybrid model come September (Ontario)
We were hybrid before (more 50/50 before though but now it will be more flexible and more like 80/20).
My sister’s workplace will be mostly in office starting in the Fall and some from home (they were fully from office pre-pandemic)
A neighbor told me her company announced they will go back to the office when all restrictions are lifted by the government, aiming by 2022.
I guess for me it makes sense that companies will call people back once covid is no longer a big threat. If we expect life to get back to normal, have kids go school, travel, go to Disney, then why wouldn’t we go back to the office?
I do feel like it will be mostly hybrid for most companies going forward. Especially if they’ve hired staff.
Personally I am very much looking forward to a hybrid model, once or twice a week at the office and the rest at home.

Also wanted to say we got our second doses yesterday in Ont (MLHU) and it was Pfizer, we also had Pfizer for first dose. In fact, pharmacist that administered it said they don’t mix the vaccines at their pharmacy. If you got Pfizer they will give you Pfizer for second dose assuming they have it.

I've been in and out of our local hospital 4 times in the past few weeks ,,not covid related but recent Diverticulitis diagnosis , Contrast CT Scan dye anaphylactic reaction etc. Yes they stick an IV in your arm every time ,,,,,yuck!
The one thing I have seen alot of is people coming in to get side effect symptoms checked ,,, maybe related to second dose vaccines.
I think it's great that people are being pro active but holly smoke it is stretching our Emergency rooms like crazy.
I am not sure the resources are there to support this.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
No...but my son-in-law has developed a VERY severe rash and hives that has required repeat trips back to the ER for emergency IV antihistamines and corticosteroids. Even 10 days post and he is still having flair ups and can not use his arm much. An uncle has had trouble with his heart now...and my sister is having trouble with her eyes. I think we will hear about more side effects in the coming months.

Hey Pumpkin
Just passing along some heart felt hugs for you and your son in law ,,,recent anaphylactic allergic reaction to CT Scan dye for me..... not fun!
Remember to take care of yourself Hon.
Hugs
Mel

I checked with my friends and family who are working (I am retired) and here are their companies answers.

This one works in downtown Toronto and takes GO to work.
Just that it will be different by office (city). Also, start off with 10%; 20% then up to 50% for unforeseeable future .... That was from a call last month. Will have some working from home 2 or 3 days a week too.

The other person right now is still working in the office but is the only one there as the other people are working from home. Her department has staff in both Toronto and Montreal. She drives to work so no issues with transit.

They say September but that’s not firm yet.
And people are going to have new choices depending on job function and department – so people will be able to work remotely either few days/week or most of the time or be back to workplace full time.
We will see how they work it here since we don’t have laptops and I think only about 1⁄2 the staff in Montreal have them.
She thinks she should be able to remain in the office as they need office space for document storage etc and she is the only one with a fax machine so she is the fax lady.
Just the fax ma'am just the fax ma'am.png

I work for a provincial crown corp and our company actually expanded the work from home program. I applied for and was accepted into the new program last fall so I am permanently working for home. Others who wish to remain in the office are gradually returning to the office in phases. Saskatchewan lifts all restrictions on July 11th so I believe by mid August most of those not on the WFH program will be back in the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter