• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in Ottawa is not fun for this vaccine roll out... I doubt I'll be able to get anything before the 12 week mark, I know people who still have upcoming appointments for first shots at the end of the month. While I understand hot spots were prioritized I thought we were at a point where it would be more equitably distributed across the province. Very frustrating.

There were a whole bunch of Ottawa pharmacy spots yesterday on Vaccine Hunters.

Here's another one an hour ago...

12+ OTTAWA POP UP
πŸ’‰

⭐️
⭐️
LOWERTOWN
⭐️
⭐️

πŸ“
Patro d'Ottawa, 40 Coburg Street
πŸ—“
Jun 3 & Jun 4 9am-7pm
✨
1st DOSE ONLY
✨
NO OHIP REQ'D
✨
bring PROOF of ADDRESS

and another one ...

πŸ’₯
πŸ’₯
Ottawa 18+
πŸ’₯
πŸ’₯

🌾
🌾
Whole Health Compounding Glebe -
πŸ—Ί
857A Bank Street
🏦

πŸ’‰
18+ Moderna - Booking 1st dose
πŸ’‰
πŸ’‰
80+ Booking 2nd dose
☎️
Call 613-231-7770 press 2
⏰
Open 9am-7pm
https://wholehealthglebe.com/

Definitely not right - were they offering you dose 1? Shoppers has offered me dose one 4 times when I had dose one a month and a half ago.
No. Dose two. They personally called me and I was very clear I wasn’t due yet. She said the rules have changed. That it’s only three weeks now. I know that’s not true. I declined the shot and she told me to call again once I hit twelve weeks.

No. Dose two. They personally called me and I was very clear I wasn’t due yet. She said the rules have changed. That it’s only three weeks now. I know that’s not true. I declined the shot and she told me to call again once I hit twelve weeks.
Yikes! That is weird. Only FN groups and other specifically prioritized groups have 26-27 day intervals for 2nd dose that I've heard.

Thank you for the help clearing up when I’m eligible. We can get our dose at 12 weeks .. so mid July and looks like I don’t book for a little while yet .
My daughter is an EA and she gets to rebook her second dose appointment on Monday :sunny:. That makes me happy . She’s been in the schools with high risk students and social distancing is not something easily achieved with her students ( for example she’s toileting and feeding ). So she needs a second dose with all the close contact for both herself and the children she works for.

I don't want to quote everyone who has been asking so if this pertains to you then yes, I'm responding to you :P

If you live in Ontario & had the AZ as your first shot you will be eligible to receive your 2nd jab after 12 weeks. This is the BEST timing to follow to maximize your immunity. Timing is not dependant on what your 2nd shot will be but on the FIRST being AZ.

You can have either a 2nd AZ OR opt for one of the mRNAs (Pfizer or Moderna)

How to get the danged stuff into your arm is where the confusion will lie because it depends on where you got your 1st shot AND which health unit you live in. We had ours at Rexall and I've had numerous emails telling me they will reach out and I have complete faith that they will -- heard the pharmacist confirming that with a customer yesterday as well. Our health unit was one of the test locations that had Doctors vaccinating people and they are reaching out to patients directly. Other areas will rely on the Ontario website.

I get that we all want to get to the other side and we're hearing so many conflicting reports of what we need to do (or not) that it's moving into "don't look at me or I'll stab you in the eye" range of emotions for a lot of us. We need to remember that this is an evolving situation and the suggestions to get our 2nd shots isn't in sync with the supply - most pharmacies still have no idea when and what they will have delivered.

A good news day today with Ontario moving up second shots. I’m currently booked for July 27th.. with today’s modifications I will be able to rebook my second shot on Monday (my first dose of pfizer was prior to April 18th) 😊

I’m hoping for quick, smooth booking - and that there will be options available for me within a week. The news about the new Delta variant is worrisome, so the sooner the better!

Keeping my Fingers crossed 🀞🏻

I’m having a very hard time nailing down the most recent info and details about booking our second shots. Could someone explain it to me ? Dh and I are over 40, had our first shots of AZ on April 21st, and live in Ontario.
We think we want to get whatever we can get first, which will likely be Pfizer or Moderna . Can anyone tell us what we need to do to book our next appointment?
( see my earlier post about calling the pharmacy where we got the first dose , they were no help).
I just want to make sure I’m ready to book when I’m eligible.

I don't think you are in Ottawa, but this is what Ottawa Public Health put out in their COVID vaccine update newsletter today:

First dose before April 18, 2021
Individuals who received their first dose of Pfizer or Moderna on or before April 18, 2021 will also be eligible to schedule an appointment through the provincial booking system to receive their second dose beginning on Monday at 8 am.

I got mine just after that cutoff so it will be a little while longer until I can use the system to book a future date for dose 2.

I don't know if your local public health unit has an email list for covid vaccine news updates, but I signed up for Ottawa's a couple weeks ago and have found it quite helpful and informative; I recommend seeing if your PHU has something similar and if they do signing up for it.

This is the Ontario press statement about the updated to the AZ second dose guidance (to allow mixing of vaccine types); it has some useful info that I think will give you some answers: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1000256/ontario-updating-astrazeneca-second-dose-guidance including:

Effective June 4, 2021 and in alignment with NACI’s recommendation, Ontarians who have received their first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine can choose to either receive a second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, or an mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) vaccine for their second dose. Both second-dose options available to individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine are safe and provide strong protection against COVID-19 and will count as a completed series. These second dose options will be provided at the recommended 12-week interval.

Beginning June 4, 2021, individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine 12 weeks ago and who would like their second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, can contact the pharmacy or primary care provider where they received their first dose to book an appointment. Individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine and are opting to receive an mRNA vaccine have the option to schedule their second dose appointment at a participating pharmacy where the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines are administered. Primary care settings and pharmacies may also be reaching out to eligible Ontarians.

In addition, expected the week of June 7, 2021, individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine and who choose to receive an mRNA vaccine for their second dose can register for a β€œsecond dose only” at a 12-week interval through the provincial booking system. Eligible individuals will also be able to schedule their second dose appointment directly through public health units that use their own booking system.

END QUOTE

Hope this helps

SW

I don't think you are in Ottawa, but this is what Ottawa Public Health put out in their COVID vaccine update newsletter today:

First dose before April 18, 2021
Individuals who received their first dose of Pfizer or Moderna on or before April 18, 2021 will also be eligible to schedule an appointment through the provincial booking system to receive their second dose beginning on Monday at 8 am.

I got mine just after that cutoff so it will be a little while longer until I can use the system to book a future date for dose 2.

I don't know if your local public health unit has an email list for covid vaccine news updates, but I signed up for Ottawa's a couple weeks ago and have found it quite helpful and informative; I recommend seeing if your PHU has something similar and if they do signing up for it.

This is the Ontario press statement about the updated to the AZ second dose guidance (to allow mixing of vaccine types); it has some useful info that I think will give you some answers: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1000256/ontario-updating-astrazeneca-second-dose-guidance including:

Effective June 4, 2021 and in alignment with NACI’s recommendation, Ontarians who have received their first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine can choose to either receive a second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, or an mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) vaccine for their second dose. Both second-dose options available to individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine are safe and provide strong protection against COVID-19 and will count as a completed series. These second dose options will be provided at the recommended 12-week interval.

Beginning June 4, 2021, individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine 12 weeks ago and who would like their second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, can contact the pharmacy or primary care provider where they received their first dose to book an appointment. Individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine and are opting to receive an mRNA vaccine have the option to schedule their second dose appointment at a participating pharmacy where the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines are administered. Primary care settings and pharmacies may also be reaching out to eligible Ontarians.

In addition, expected the week of June 7, 2021, individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine and who choose to receive an mRNA vaccine for their second dose can register for a β€œsecond dose only” at a 12-week interval through the provincial booking system. Eligible individuals will also be able to schedule their second dose appointment directly through public health units that use their own booking system.

END QUOTE

Hope this helps

SW
So helpful ! Thank you very much .

A good news day today with Ontario moving up second shots. I’m currently booked for July 27th.. with today’s modifications I will be able to rebook my second shot on Monday (my first dose of pfizer was prior to April 18th) 😊

I’m hoping for quick, smooth booking - and that there will be options available for me within a week. The news about the new Delta variant is worrisome, so the sooner the better!

Keeping my Fingers crossed 🀞🏻

Me too.. I feel bad big kid is missing cut off by a week but soon enough if we keep going at this speed

Ok. Today's the day I get the Pfizer. My husband and daughter as well. I'm really nervous about any of us having a bad reaction. I need you to tell me you were ok after it! Please!

Just need some courage for today! Thanks so much everyone.

How'd it go? I got my AZ weeks ago and felt happy, relieved and empowered after. (Still no regrets and still haven't decided what I'll do for dose 2 now that it appears to be a choice that I get to make) DD got her vaccine this week and I actually had more of a "Did I do the right thing for her?" feeling afterwards. I think mostly because of the mRNA aspect of it (though I would/will be okay with that for myself. I'm at peace with it now but that gut reaction surprised me!

So July 14 is my date to be able to get Pfizer. I wonder if they will even have appointments available for then. My niece has her appointment June 28th for her first shot. Ottawa is SLOW on getting the doses given.

My 12 week day is July 15th and I’m wondering the same. Back on April 19th I put myself on multiple wait lists but was lucky to get Apr 22nd at Costco, and over the last couple days have started getting multiple emails from different pharmacies that appointments are now available and have 24 hrs to book but it’s for 1st dose only. It’s so frustrating how they are rolling out this system. Just give us our second dose already, lol.

Thank you for the help clearing up when I’m eligible. We can get our dose at 12 weeks .. so mid July and looks like I don’t book for a little while yet .
My daughter is an EA and she gets to rebook her second dose appointment on Monday :sunny:. That makes me happy . She’s been in the schools with high risk students and social distancing is not something easily achieved with her students ( for example she’s toileting and feeding ). So she needs a second dose with all the close contact for both herself and the children she works for.

July 14th to be exact will be your 12 weeks, I had my first shot on April 22nd and mine will be July 15th. I made sure to count and have others count for me just in case πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

July 14th to be exact will be your 12 weeks, I had my first shot on April 22nd and mine will be July 15th. I made sure to count and have others count for me just in case πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I'm in the same boat as you...my husband and I got our first AZ on Apr 22, want to be able to book our 2nd (Pfizer, preferably) for July 15th. That would be almost a month ahead of our scheduled Aug 12th appt with our family dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter