Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be heading back to beautiful AKL this summer to celebrate our 20th anniversary! We are renting DVC points for a standard view studio. I was wondering where the DVC studios are located (trail/floor??) Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Hi Suse that is so exciting!!! Are you staying at Jambo? If so, the standard studios are located either just off the lobby or on Zebra or Kudu trails.

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be heading back to beautiful AKL this summer to celebrate our 20th anniversary! We are renting DVC points for a standard view studio. I was wondering where the DVC studios are located (trail/floor??) Thanks in advance for your help! :)

The DVC units are on the 5th floor. Congrats on your anniversary, you could not have picked a better place to spend it!!!!!
Assuming you are in Jambo House the standard view villas are on the 5th floor, as noted, and will be above the lobby or on Zebra or Kudu trail.

Our party of 7 has a 2br reservation at Kidani (through Disney). What are our chances of getting a dedicated villa vs. a lock-off?

Also, are there towels at the Kidani pool? I saw mixed reports on this, but those reports were a few years old.

Thank you!
W/ DVC you actually book either a lock off or a dedicated, I’m not sure how 2 br. villas at Kidani booked w/ cash from Disney are assigned, you might call and ask, and at least let them know your preference if they can’t tell you which you’ll get :)

Hi Suse that is so exciting!!! Are you staying at Jambo? If so, the standard studios are located either just off the lobby or on Zebra or Kudu trails.
Hi Melinda! Yes, we are in Jambo. I can't wait to be back at AKL and have an opportunity to introduce my DH to this beautiful resort! We are doing a split stay with four nights at AKL and five nights at Copper Creek!

Assuming you are in Jambo House the standard view villas are on the 5th floor, as noted, and will be above the lobby or on Zebra or Kudu trail.
Thanks so much!

We just got back. We loved our stay but my only 'complaint' was that the beds were wayyy to soft. My back was in pain the entirety of our trip.

Refurb info, FWIW. Checked in for 1 night in a standard studio last night, will move to CL today. Our room is on the first section of Kudu trail, I could see clearly from the balcony that one side of the wing nearest the lobby that juts out into the savanah is being refurbished. Rooms appear empty. Walls look like wall paper has been stripped, but that doesn't make sense, so not sure what I saw. Balcony railings are being repainted, have a white primer coat currently. (I assume that's what the white is; it's inconceivable to me that they would be changing to a white color scheme on the exterior.) Lots of cranes for the painting.

If our new room makes it easy, I'll monitor things this week and post any new info I observe .

Refurb info, FWIW. Checked in for 1 night in a standard studio last night, will move to CL today. Our room is on the first section of Kudu trail, I could see clearly from the balcony that one side of the wing nearest the lobby that juts out into the savanah is being refurbished. Rooms appear empty. Walls look like wall paper has been stripped, but that doesn't make sense, so not sure what I saw. Balcony railings are being repainted, have a white primer coat currently. (I assume that's what the white is; it's inconceivable to me that they would be changing to a white color scheme on the exterior.) Lots of cranes for the painting.

If our new room makes it easy, I'll monitor things this week and post any new info I observe .

Thanks. If it is anything like the DVC refurbs they will be removing the wallpaper and painting the walls a cream-ish color. The Kidani balconies were all being repainted when I was there last month and they all returned to the beautiful color scheme they were previously so I would not worry about that.

Does anyone have updates on the refurbishments/painting going on? Specifically at Kidani village. TIA!

All of the Kidani rooms were refurbished about two years ago, there should be no current work at Kidani. They were painting the Kidani balconies last month, but I can't imagine that isn't done now too, as they seem to have moved to Jambo.

I hope they wont be refurbishing the pool view rooms when we go in June.

They usually do a section at a time, so there is likely no way that they would refurbish ALL of the pool view rooms at once that would not make any sense. I also can't imagine that they won't be done with painting the balconies by then, since they seem to have moved from Kidani to Jambo already, so that means that it took them about a month or so to do all of Kidani which is larger.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but does anyone have pictures of the refurbished pool at Jambo?

They usually do a section at a time, so there is likely no way that they would refurbish ALL of the pool view rooms at once that would not make any sense. I also can't imagine that they won't be done with painting the balconies by then, since they seem to have moved from Kidani to Jambo already, so that means that it took them about a month or so to do all of Kidani which is larger.

Walked to Kidani this morning, they are still painting exterior. At balconies across from pool. Other than that, no idea how much has/has not been completed.

We're staying at another resort in September, but the kids are interested in seeing the animals at night. My daughter is 7, so too young for the nighttime safari tour. I read somewhere that the night vision goggles & observation area are only for resort guests. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter