Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi All,
I debating booking a savannah view next year but I've never stayed at AKL before so unsure if it's worth the extra money (which is nearly £1,500) for the total of a 2 week stay at the start of October - can I please ask your opinions on this?

Also, I understand that this resort is quite large and I've read a few things where it mentions a shuttle to take you to the different buildings - is it that big?!

:thanks:

Hi All,
I debating booking a savannah view next year but I've never stayed at AKL before so unsure if it's worth the extra money (which is nearly £1,500) for the total of a 2 week stay at the start of October - can I please ask your opinions on this?

Also, I understand that this resort is quite large and I've read a few things where it mentions a shuttle to take you to the different buildings - is it that big?!

The shuttle is to take you between Jambo and Kidani. If you are staying at Jambo, you likely have no need to go to Kidani unless you just want to see it. If you are at Kidani, you will need to get over to Jambo if you want quick service meals. We’ve stayed there plenty of times and while it is big, it is a great resort. We are likely going to buy a DVC resale at AKV soon.

The shuttle is to take you between Jambo and Kidani. If you are staying at Jambo, you likely have no need to go to Kidani unless you just want to see it. If you are at Kidani, you will need to get over to Jambo if you want quick service meals. We’ve stayed there plenty of times and while it is big, it is a great resort. We are likely going to buy a DVC resale at AKV soon.
Thank you x

It appears refurbed rooms are getting Keurigs from watching the video that was discussed recently of the new refurbished rooms.

Hi can anyone tell me where to find this video. We are staying september 2020 so would like an idea of the room refurb thanks.

When we checked in at the front desk on Sunday I asked what has been finished so far on the refurb. He told me 1 floor, I'm assuming it was on Kudu since that is where reports are coming from. I'm taking that with a grain of salt since he really didn't seem to know much more than that. We were on Zebra trail and did not hear any construction noise.

Hi All,

I assume because you used the £ sign that you are from the U.K.? Are you considering a room or a studio/villa? I know the U.K. packages sometimes are for the DVC villas. AKL/AKV has 2 buildings - Jambo house which has the hotel rooms and some DVC villas. Jambo has rooms with views of the three largest savannas, Sunset savanna, Arusha savanna, and Uzima savanna. Some standard view rooms at Jambo have partial savanna views, some have roof + pool views, and some overlook the front of the resort with road/parking lot views (albeit with views of greenery as well.) You can request partial savanna view - but there’s no guarantee that is what you’ll get. If you don’t get it when you arrive, you can always ask to move and offer to do so the next day or whenever a partial savanna view becomes available. It’s up to you if the price of the guaranteed savanna view is worth it, or if the savings is worth risking a non savanna view. Even with no savanna view there are several places to watch the animals - who do move around, so even in a savanna view room there will be times when you don’t see any animals. There are overlooks behind the lobby for Arusha savanna, beyond the pool for Uzima, and the sunset overlook between the lobby and Kudu trail. There’s also some seating areas adjacent to the Arusha overlook on both the Zebra and Kudu trail sides. Jambo has 2 restaurants Boma and Jiko and the quick service restaurant the Mara, a large pool and a pool bar as well as a nice lobby bar - Victoria Falls. The gift store is quite large.
Kidani village is all villas and about a 10 minute walk or quick shuttle ride from Jambo. The lobby is not as grand as at Jambo and the gift shop is smaller too. There’s an overlook of Sunset savanna behind the lobby next to the restaurant Sanaa (which I believe now has quick breakfast type offerings in the morning in addition to the sit down lunch and dinner fare.) You can see the small Pembe savanna from the overlook by the pool at Kidani and there’s a pool bar there.
Whether you are at Jambo or Kidani you can swim in both pools.

I assume because you used the £ sign that you are from the U.K.? Are you considering a room or a studio/villa? I know the U.K. packages sometimes are for the DVC villas. AKL/AKV has 2 buildings - Jambo house which has the hotel rooms and some DVC villas. Jambo has rooms with views of the three largest savannas, Sunset savanna, Arusha savanna, and Uzima savanna. Some standard view rooms at Jambo have partial savanna views, some have roof + pool views, and some overlook the front of the resort with road/parking lot views (albeit with views of greenery as well.) You can request partial savanna view - but there’s no guarantee that is what you’ll get. If you don’t get it when you arrive, you can always ask to move and offer to do so the next day or whenever a partial savanna view becomes available. It’s up to you if the price of the guaranteed savanna view is worth it, or if the savings is worth risking a non savanna view. Even with no savanna view there are several places to watch the animals - who do move around, so even in a savanna view room there will be times when you don’t see any animals. There are overlooks behind the lobby for Arusha savanna, beyond the pool for Uzima, and the sunset overlook between the lobby and Kudu trail. There’s also some seating areas adjacent to the Arusha overlook on both the Zebra and Kudu trail sides. Jambo has 2 restaurants Boma and Jiko and the quick service restaurant the Mara, a large pool and a pool bar as well as a nice lobby bar - Victoria Falls. The gift store is quite large.
Kidani village is all villas and about a 10 minute walk or quick shuttle ride from Jambo. The lobby is not as grand as at Jambo and the gift shop is smaller too. There’s an overlook of Sunset savanna behind the lobby next to the restaurant Sanaa (which I believe now has quick breakfast type offerings in the morning in addition to the sit down lunch and dinner fare.) You can see the small Pembe savanna from the overlook by the pool at Kidani and there’s a pool bar there.
Whether you are at Jambo or Kidani you can swim in both pools.
Thank you. We decided to book a standard room as we couldn't justify the extra amount to upgrade to a room that we not not even see animals from - they have a mind of their own and I know there's no guarantee they'll even be there bit thanks for the information

Thank you. We decided to book a standard room as we couldn't justify the extra amount to upgrade to a room that we not not even see animals from - they have a mind of their own and I know there's no guarantee they'll even be there bit thanks for the information
Have it noted on your reservation a request for partial savanna view (or Kudu tail where all of the rooms have at least partial savanna views.) I hope you end up in one of the standards with partial savanna views and see giraffes and zebras every day!:ewok:

:goodvibes
Have it noted on your reservation a request for partial savanna view (or Kudu tail where all of the rooms have at least partial savanna views.) I hope you end up in one of the standards with partial savanna views and see giraffes and zebras every day!:ewok:
Thank you, so do I

When we checked in at the front desk on Sunday I asked what has been finished so far on the refurb. He told me 1 floor, I'm assuming it was on Kudu since that is where reports are coming from. I'm taking that with a grain of salt since he really didn't seem to know much more than that. We were on Zebra trail and did not hear any construction noise.

Good to know, how were the views and obstructed or blocked views, just curious as we will be there in Aug, oh did you stay in a refurb room?

Good to know, how were the views and obstructed or blocked views, just curious as we will be there in Aug, oh did you stay in a refurb room?
We had a standard room and requested partial savanna on Kudu since the last 2 times that is what we got. This time they put us on Zebra and we had a noisy pool view. I did not wander over to Kudu because if 1 floor was done that was probably the top floor ( DVC/club?). I can't believe that is as far as they got if the end result will be this fall.. I've found that CM's are very compartmentalized and don't always know what is going on outside their job. WE did not hear or see any construction but the pool music was very loud all day long. Maybe to cover up the work being done. :confused3

The refurbs are happening on the left side of the building if you're facing out towards the savanna area. We had a room on that side on the fourth floor that was no done, but ended up switching to the other side because they cut the power for the day and it was our resort day so we really needed it. I didn't hear any noise, but you can see the construction vehicles on the savanna

Has anyone stayed at both Jambo and BC? Debating one or the other or split stay for an 8-9 vacation

We have! Our trip was 11 nights. We did 4 nights at AKL and then 7 at BC. With 9 nights I would probably do 3 AKL and 6 BC. We love AKL but BC is our "home" so I would always choose the longer stay there.

Hi - we are staying at AKL for the very first time on 6/1. We are staying at the Beach Club for a week but ending our trip with one night at AKL CL so we can try it out. So excited - my family has never stepped foot inside the lodge before. So, I know they'll be blown away. I went there once to eat at Boma but have not spent much time there. Are there any CL rooms with bunk beds? Was thinking of making a request if they exist. Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter