Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just booked a pool view room for July in Jambo house. Which trail would be the best location wise to food and the buses, Giraffe? Does anyone know if the rooms have all been refurbished in this area? Thanks for the help, we are new to AKL

Could you please add me?

6/2-6/9 at AKL :)
of course and thank you for asking.

June
6/2 - 6/9 starfrenxy - AKL
6/5 - 6/13 DigitalOlli - AKV Jambo
6/6 - 6/12 malissa90 - AKL
6/14 - 6/21 amyadams1020 - AKL
6/24 - 6/27 DizDad7 - Vero
6/27 - 7/2 DizDaD7 - OKW
6/28 - 7/4 DisneyDiana - AKV

Hi everyone! I’m super excited to stay at AKL for the first time this August. We are booked in a standard view, king size bed. I’ve tried looking at TP’s room finder, but I’m struggling. Does anyone know where our room is likely to be? Are all of the standard view king beds in one location or are they spread out?

We will be there August 12-20!
August
8/12 - 8/20 JRoyster86 - AKL
8/19 - 8/28 Minnieloves4 - AKL

FWIW, at Copper Creek Villas, "Deluxe studio with walk-in shower" is actually a booking category, at least for the public booking cash stays via Disney. We have had those rooms twice now and really liked them -- and their shower :-)

One thing I do like about the AKL bathtubs in the renovated rooms is no more icky shower curtains -- they have sliding glass doors. Likewise the walk-in showers have glass doors, too.

SW
I beg to differ here - both the rooms we experienced (savannah view on Zebra Trail, 4462 and 3501) were definitely refurbished and both had very heavy two-layer shower curtains. No sign of sliding glass doors, more’s the pity.

Just booked a pool view room for July in Jambo house. Which trail would be the best location wise to food and the buses, Giraffe? Does anyone know if the rooms have all been refurbished in this area? Thanks for the help, we are new to AKL
Well, all the trails meet at the lobby so there’s not a great deal in it IMO. Having said that, however, all the Jambo House ‘amenities’ - Boma, Jiko, The Mara, the elevators, the shop and the Uzima pool are on the Giraffe/Zebra Trails side of the building, as are the the bus stops. If you have a pool view room it will be on Zebra or Giraffe as the Ostrich and Kudu trails don’t overlook the pool at all. There are plenty of maps to be found online... I can’t speak absolutely to the refurbishment of the pool view rooms; all I can say is that we didn’t see any evidence of construction work in those areas when we were at AKL/JH the first 2 weeks in December.

We are doing a split stay between Pop 2/8-2/13 and AKL Jambo 2/13-25. I was disappointed to hear that work was not complete at AKL since we are going to be under construction at Pop as well. We are requesting 2 connecting rooms but I want to try to request a king room and a 2 queen room. Does anyone is this exists? Also, trying to get a room that is away from construction so any updates that anyone can provide on Ostrich trail would be great. We are booked as a standard room. Can't wait!!

my understanding is that they do exist.

I don’t know that a request will work, though, because they’re both bookable categories.

We have a 2Q/1K pair of rooms booked at AKL, hoping they’re connected.

September
9/8 - 9/12 Gerweniel - AKL Jambo
9/10 - 9/24 atkinstogram - AKL CL

Hello, can you please add us for September? Family of 4 staying at Kidani during 9/18 - 9/21
So excited, we (or rather I) couldn't decide so we're doing a split stay at AKL and BWV.

Hello, can you please add us for September? Family of 4 staying at Kidani during 9/18 - 9/21
So excited, we (or rather I) couldn't decide so we're doing a split stay at AKL and BWV.
Yes, and thank you for asking

September
9/18 - 9/21 denise_q - Kidani

Tree and decorations exited the evening of the 10th. The pool was the busiest I have ever seen it in January when we went yesterday, it is really hot here right now.

We're going to be there in a week! I'm so excited!! First time at AKL. Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of room requests? We booked standard but (like a lot of people, I'm sure) would LOVE partial savannah view. We are hoping for a bit of pixie dust (which has never happened to us before) and a lot of luck! Even without that, staying at AKL has been a dream for us and we are so excited!
Please add us Jan. 18 - Jan. 25
Thank you!

Tree and decorations exited the evening of the 10th. The pool was the busiest I have ever seen it in January when we went yesterday, it is really hot here right now.
I wonder why it's so busy during a non-holiday time?! Hot sounds good to me right now. I just drove over ice-covered roads.

I wonder why it's so busy during a non-holiday time?! Hot sounds good to me right now. I just drove over ice-covered roads.

I think it is mostly the heat driving people to the pools, also it is marathon weekend so a lot of runners I know like to limit their time on their feet, especially those running the half on Saturday and full today, and this is a good opportunity to lazy around the pool when it is hot and let their kids play.

I think it is mostly the heat driving people to the pools, also it is marathon weekend so a lot of runners I know like to limit their time on their feet, especially those running the half on Saturday and full today, and this is a good opportunity to lazy around the pool when it is hot and let their kids play.
That makes sense. I didn't know it was marathon weekend. Enjoy your vacation!

Yep, it's been hot and will continue to be next week. That was the warmest it's been for the marathon weekend too. Enjoy it!

We're going to be there in a week! I'm so excited!! First time at AKL. Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of room requests? We booked standard but (like a lot of people, I'm sure) would LOVE partial savannah view. We are hoping for a bit of pixie dust (which has never happened to us before) and a lot of luck! Even without that, staying at AKL has been a dream for us and we are so excited!
Thank you!
I think the partial savannah view rooms are at the father ends of the building -that’s a long walk after a long day at the parks. I always request close to lobby since that puts me pretty close to everything. Then you can just hang out in the rocking chairs in the public viewing areas ...

Can you please add us? Jambo standard view 1BR, single mom 4 kids (13, 11, 8, & 8) September 4-13, 2020 😄 first big ‘just us’ trip since divorce was final!

Thank you!
January
1/8 - 1/13 lahobbs4 - AKV-Jambo
1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)
1/10 - 1/17 BurleyGirl - AKL
1/11 - 1/15 MamaJessie - AKL
1/17 - 1/18 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare - AKL
1/18 - 1/25 KathyTbell - AKL
1/24 - 2/2 shbarrett - AKL
1/24 - 2/3 youngdeb12 - AKL
1/25 - 1/27 KimBean - AKL
1/25 - 2/2 maranara - AKL
1/28 - 2/4 mandis77 - AKL

Can you please add us? Jambo standard view 1BR, single mom 4 kids (13, 11, 8, & 8) September 4-13, 2020 😄 first big ‘just us’ trip since divorce was final!
Yes, and thank you for asking.

and Congratulations

September
9/4 - 9/13 arrical8 - Jambo
9/18 - 9/21 denise_q - Kidani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter