• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I can also confirm no lotion in any of the rooms. We stayed in two different types of rooms last week and no lotion in either.
I am here now in a standard room. I’m very glad that I brought a tube of lotion from our last stay. I left it on the counter hoping housekeeping would see it and leave more. No luck. No notepad and pen to leave a note either.

...you are quite welcome! We were there last month and I miss it already....:sad1:
[/QUOTE]
Hi, it looks like you were in a club room. Are they now all back on the 4th floor on the right side of the Atrium (when facing the Savanna)? Are the club rooms renovated yet? I currently have a room booked at Gran Destino for October but have been contemplating about switching to AKL.
Thanks.

I am here now in a standard room. I’m very glad that I brought a tube of lotion from our last stay. I left it on the counter hoping housekeeping would see it and leave more. No luck. No notepad and pen to leave a note either.
I wonder if we can ask for those things and have them brought to the room. Or ask at check in. If I don't hear something before my Dec. trip I might try asking.

Any who is there now know if any floors have been refurbished by the pool or what floors they are working on?
We arrive in 10 days with a pool view and I was curious.
Thanks

Call housekeeping, they will send some up. They sent us 4. lol They said it had not been discontinued and should've been left. After that call, we got a bottle every day.

Last year when we rented points at AKL we were able to type in requests with online check-in. Is that still available? When I look online I don't see anywhere to type in requests only standard near elevator or near lobby?

enhance

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG,......:hyper: :banana::cool1: :faint:
Off-topic, but:

My DS recently finished his DCP and is now a CM at Disney Springs. He and my DH planned an early birthday [it's really 9/9] surprise for me. Tomorrow night I'll be flying to meet my DS at Art of Animation (1 night only). Wednesday morning he made reservations for breakfast at Boma (can you say "YUMMMMMM"?) and we'll be checking into the GRAN DESTINO TOWERS....hoo boy, I am soooo excited! He also planned afternoon tea at GF, the 1st MNSSHP for 2019, and we are previewing Star Wars:Galaxy's Edge!
Seriously, do I have the best family or WHAT???

We will be staying AKV-Jambo Jan 8-Jan 13 for Marathon Weekend!

I look forward to keeping up with the renovations on this board. If anything, maybe we will get an upgrade if our villa is in one of those sections they can't use! Stay positive, right?? This is our absolute favorite resort and we can't wait for our "Welcome Home"! :tigger:

Has anyone gotten a renovated accessible room yet? I didn’t put any request on my reservation, but I’d love to have a renovated room (might request it, not sure yet) so I was just wondering if any of the accessible rooms been renovated yet and if anyone has seen them/been assigned one of these rooms yet.

Off-topic, but:

My DS recently finished his DCP and is now a CM at Disney Springs. He and my DH planned an early birthday [it's really 9/9] surprise for me. Tomorrow night I'll be flying to meet my DS at Art of Animation (1 night only). Wednesday morning he made reservations for breakfast at Boma (can you say "YUMMMMMM"?) and we'll be checking into the GRAN DESTINO TOWERS....hoo boy, I am soooo excited! He also planned afternoon tea at GF, the 1st MNSSHP for 2019, and we are previewing Star Wars:Galaxy's Edge!
Seriously, do I have the best family or WHAT???
Wow you are so lucky. What a great surprise for you birthday. I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

We will be staying at AKL Kidani Villas 8/25/19 - 9/1/19. This will be our first time staying at AKL and in DVC. We have a Savanna view studio booked. Are there paper or plastic cups in the DVC studios or just real glasses? Trying to figure out everything we need to bring. Thank you.

We just arrived back Tuesday from a 11 day stay at AKL. We had a pool view on the 4th floor, Zebra trail. The view was amazing. It was kind of loud down at the pool but i was so tired after rope dropping the parks it didn't bother us at all. I am glad they are refurbishing the rooms, it was a pain finding outlets for our electronics. The room was clean. Housekeeping was good. Had no issues with the buses, sometimes they did arrive 75% full from Kidani. We only ate at The Mara twice but we did have several cupcakes (so delicious!). All in all..it was a good stay at the Lodge.

Renovation update: yesterday (8/16) they completely blocked off the end of the zebra trail on the 3rd and 4th floors (the 2nd floor is not blocked off and I don't know if they did it on the 5th floor). The hallways are blocked off where the elevator down to the pool is. So it looks like rooms 3501+ and 4501+ are being renovated next.

They appear to have finished rooms 1456 to 1481 on the Zebra trail this past week. We did not hear any construction noise or see much evidence of the construction until they blocked the hallways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter