Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We are 70 out from our trip. 76 days away from our first AKL stay. It’s a split stay with the first 6 days at All-Star Movies. We’ve never stayed at a deluxe resort before. I’m so excited!
Exciting!

If you want me to add you to the list please give me the dates.

In the past they offered free tours that we enjoyed during our last stay. (African art around the resort, Sanaa, Boma) Do they still do these? If so, is there a current list with times/details? I did not see anything on the recreation calendar for the resort.

I have stayed at AKL before and loved it.

What's with all the terrible reviews the past few months on trip advisor? Mostly about dirty rooms and nobody cleaning with a touch of the CM's being really rude at the front desk

I don't really let reviews get to me, but geez. Hopefully people at Disney are seeing this

*BTW, if you have never been, don't be scared by those reviews, its breathtaking
Exactly...Same here. Never had any of those issues. I'm booked for August but still a little concerned after reading reviews.

Exactly...Same here. Never had any of those issues. I'm booked for August but still a little concerned after reading reviews.
Same as Alice1957 above, we stayed at AKL in May (1st week) and everything was great! The CMs at the desk were polite and super helpful and our room was clean when we checked in.

We were there for 5 nights, so we were only scheduled for one housekeeping day (on the 2nd day after we checked in), but on the 4th day I asked one of the housekeepers in the hall whether they were scheduled to clean our room that day. She said they weren't, so I asked if they could at least provide clean towels. When we got back to the room that evening, they had cleaned the room anyway, which was a nice surprise.

I'm not usually one to leave reviews, good or bad, on travel sites, so maybe there are a lot of other folks like me who, by not leaving positive reviews, are unintentionally causing the reviews to be skewed to the negative.

First time back since the refurb - would someone describe to me the area under the bathroom sink in the cash rooms? Is there just two cubbies in the middle and the rest is blocked off or are those drawers? Thanks!

Same as Alice1957 above, we stayed at AKL in May (1st week) and everything was great! The CMs at the desk were polite and super helpful and our room was clean when we checked in.

We were there for 5 nights, so we were only scheduled for one housekeeping day (on the 2nd day after we checked in), but on the 4th day I asked one of the housekeepers in the hall whether they were scheduled to clean our room that day. She said they weren't, so I asked if they could at least provide clean towels. When we got back to the room that evening, they had cleaned the room anyway, which was a nice surprise.

I'm not usually one to leave reviews, good or bad, on travel sites, so maybe there are a lot of other folks like me who, by not leaving positive reviews, are unintentionally causing the reviews to be skewed to the negative.
You have a good point there, I'm going to make more of an effort to leave positive reviews when we visit. Glad you had a great time, we did too! Just love AKL!

We are close!!!
Copper Creek 6/29-6/30
Jambo House 6/30-7/7

My cousin is a CM and said that guests are significantly more cranky about so many things these days. She used to enjoy working at Disney now she gets cursed at and talked down to on a daily basis. I would not worry too much about Trip Advisor reviews. I think people are much quicker to complain these days.

We're heading down in August and driving for this trip. Since there's no dining plan we thought we'd see what's in the area to do for dinners. What's good around AKL?

We're heading down in August and driving for this trip. Since there's no dining plan we thought we'd see what's in the area to do for dinners. What's good around AKL?
There are many restaurants, from fast food to sit-down, along highway 192, just a short drive away from AKL. We like Miller’s Ale House and Ford’s Garage.

We are close!!!
Copper Creek 6/29-6/30
Jambo House 6/30-7/7

My cousin is a CM and said that guests are significantly more cranky about so many things these days. She used to enjoy working at Disney now she gets cursed at and talked down to on a daily basis. I would not worry too much about Trip Advisor reviews. I think people are much quicker to complain these days.
Just days away now!

June
6/17 - 6/25 preemiemama - AKL
6/29 - 6/30 DisneyDiana - Copper Creek
July
6/30 - 7/7 DisneyDiana - Jambo House
August

We decided to upgrade to a 1 BR villa at Kidani. Our travel party is 4 adults. The kids will sleep on the sleeper sofa & don't mind doing so. But do all of the 1 BR's have 2 baths? That was the entire reason of why we changed. I'm seeing some floor plans online only show 1 bath.

Thank you!
Confirming - the 1BR at Kidani have 2 full bathrooms. It's Jambo 1BR that have only one.

Also, the Kidani 1BR have a twin-size sleeper chair in the living room in addition to the foldout couch. So the two kids don't have to share the foldout couch unless they want to.

Confirming - the 1BR at Kidani have 2 full bathrooms. It's Jambo 1BR that have only one.

Also, the Kidani 1BR have a twin-size sleeper chair in the living room in addition to the foldout couch. So the two kids don't have to share the foldout couch unless they want to.
Thank you!

I saw a room review of the studios and someone said you can't listen to the music on the interactive TV's?? Is that true

That would break my heart. That is one of the most magical things when I walk into my hotel room, hearing that Disney music in the background with my tv

Spent two nights at Jambo, and had no issues between meals, cleanliness, and staff. The only unpleasant thing was the two drunks hitting on each other at the bar at around 115 dB, delaying my Old Fashioned. Me and the guy next to them commiserated at least over it with a shared eye roll.

I’m all for being drunk: just be a quieter drunk. If your voice is rivaling a 757 at takeoff thrust, maybe, ya know, switch to club soda for a round?

Anyone ever able to book the Starlight Safari on day 1? We have a one night stay at AKL before our 2nd resort and it would be perfect to do the safari that night while staying at AKL but it seems very hard to get, unless you go later in your stay.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
June
6/17 - 6/25 preemiemama - AKL
6/29 - 6/30 DisneyDiana - Copper Creek
July
6/30 - 7/7 DisneyDiana - Jambo House
August
September
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
October

10/2 – 10/6 DgBg100106 - BWV

November
December

January
February
March
April
May

5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter