*** January 2019 Thread ***

We started our 180 day booking window today. Garden Grill is inactive for January (days I can book are in blue, I just can't click them). I can book on 12/31/18. Also, Be Our Guest is saying no lunch availability on those days (Dinner is available). I called WDW-DINE. They said neither GG or BOG lunch are accepting reservations.

Anyone heard any details? Scheduled refurbs (although New Years Day sounds like an odd day to start)? New format at BOG lunch?

We started our 180 day booking window today. Garden Grill is inactive for January (days I can book are in blue, I just can't click them). I can book on 12/31/18. Also, Be Our Guest is saying no lunch availability on those days (Dinner is available). I called WDW-DINE. They said neither GG or BOG lunch are accepting reservations.

Anyone heard any details? Scheduled refurbs (although New Years Day sounds like an odd day to start)? New format at BOG lunch?

I haven't heard anything about either... the only rumor I have read about is around Artist Point at WL. There are threads on the boards about that one.

If you'd like to share your travel dates and resort, I can add you to the roll call!

@lookame, scroll up to post #266 above and read through... we had a bunch of conversation about this in the thread, and there are screen shots above to show you where to find them as they become available. :-)

I tried following the screen shots but only the first one I can see, the others ones are hidden :/. I start booking ADRs in 5 days

Hmm... didn't they say that starting in July, dinner at BOG (does anyone else call it "Be Out Guestaurant?" No? Just me?) will be prix fixe. And lunch there is already counter service, so maybe they're just dropping reservations all together?

If so...drat. I really wanted to do lunch there. Didn't feel like paying the kind of money for a dinner (we've got a couple other more expensive dinners planned. REALLY hoping for California Grill the night we get in...fingers crossed and knock on wood)

Can someone with access tell me what the park/fireworks hours are for the first week of January? We won't be going until later (so I can't see January at all), but I'd like to get an idea now so we can finish sorting our dining plans.

Alright-figured it out. Had to be on my laptop to get times. The only day for our park days open is Jan 8th. I'm not sure if we should go to Epcot since theres EMH or if we should stick with the original plan of Magic Kingdom. We'll have a 4 yr old and a 12 yr old, the 12 yr old could hack an all day/all nighter but I'm not sure if the 4 yr old could and we don't typically do park hopper tix. The other option is to wait until all our park days have hrs available and make final decisions...

Also...as much as I'd love to watch wishes I hate being in the crowds where everyone is mad about their spot or whatever. It's one of the reasons why we never watch the parades.

We’re booked currently SSR 18-21 (Waitlist for OKW), 21-30 OKW.

Still humming and hawing about Dining plan or no... we’ll see... Looking forward to a relaxing stay!

Alright-figured it out. Had to be on my laptop to get times. The only day for our park days open is Jan 8th. I'm not sure if we should go to Epcot since theres EMH or if we should stick with the original plan of Magic Kingdom. We'll have a 4 yr old and a 12 yr old, the 12 yr old could hack an all day/all nighter but I'm not sure if the 4 yr old could and we don't typically do park hopper tix. The other option is to wait until all our park days have hrs available and make final decisions...

Also...as much as I'd love to watch wishes I hate being in the crowds where everyone is mad about their spot or whatever. It's one of the reasons why we never watch the parades.

I'd say stick with Magic Kingdom. EMH can sometimes mean more crowds, and as you say, your 4-year-old is unlikely to really be able to enjoy an all-day/all-nighter, so it's not like they would really get the most out of the EMH either.

Look into doing the dessert party. There's a great thread on the Theme Parks Attraction board. I'm convinced it's worth the money for a less crowded viewing spot.

I'd say stick with Magic Kingdom. EMH can sometimes mean more crowds, and as you say, your 4-year-old is unlikely to really be able to enjoy an all-day/all-nighter, so it's not like they would really get the most out of the EMH either.

Yeah we’re thinking either Hollywood studios or magic kingdom. Both have a show at the end of the night. We enjoy starting off with Magic Kingdom though.

Look into doing the dessert party. There's a great thread on the Theme Parks Attraction board. I'm convinced it's worth the money for a less crowded viewing spot.

I’d love to this but we’ll be over budget at that point. :/ the dessert parties are pretty expensive for what they are as well. If we’re doing one we’d do the lunch/dinner with fantastic seating

BLT 1/23-2/2

we're being joined my parents for part of the trip and my bother's family for a slightly overlapping, different part of the trip. Should be a challenge to plan!

Hmm... didn't they say that starting in July, dinner at BOG (does anyone else call it "Be Out Guestaurant?" No? Just me?) will be prix fixe. And lunch there is already counter service, so maybe they're just dropping reservations all together?

If so...drat. I really wanted to do lunch there. Didn't feel like paying the kind of money for a dinner (we've got a couple other more expensive dinners planned. REALLY hoping for California Grill the night we get in...fingers crossed and knock on wood)

I just don't think BOG breakfast or lunch has been loaded into the system yet for January 1st and beyond.
We are going to DW December 22 - January 5, so I was able to begin booking ADR's over a week ago. It's frustrating that nothing has opened up. Dinner is available to book though.

BLT 1/23-2/2

we're being joined my parents for part of the trip and my bother's family for a slightly overlapping, different part of the trip. Should be a challenge to plan!

Welcome, @drdrowsy! I've added you to the roll call. Sounds like you've got a lot to think about in terms of planning! :-)

Getting close to making ADRs. We’re only planning 4 table service meals but still...I think we’re down to 4 or 3 days till I wake up and make them

I have experience making park choices and ADR based on travel agent calendar and TP/KtP recommendations, but with park hours only available at 180 days, how I supposed to make truly informed decisions? I don't like doing it, but may end up making reservations in 2 different accounts as back ups? this is sort of making me crazy

I have experience making park choices and ADR based on travel agent calendar and TP/KtP recommendations, but with park hours only available at 180 days, how I supposed to make truly informed decisions? I don't like doing it, but may end up making reservations in 2 different accounts as back ups? this is sort of making me crazy

You can see park hours 190 days in advance in MDE... scroll up for screen shots that one of our posters provided.

Haven't booked yet but it is looking like we will cancel our FD after Thanksgiving trip and reschedule it for 1/6/19 to 1/11/19 staying at one of the All Stars.... I hate to give up free dining and the holiday decorations. Is there a chance the decorations will still be up???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter