*** January 2019 Thread ***

Haven't booked yet but it is looking like we will cancel our FD after Thanksgiving trip and reschedule it for 1/6/19 to 1/11/19 staying at one of the All Stars.... I hate to give up free dining and the holiday decorations. Is there a chance the decorations will still be up???

Welcome, @Flamingeaux! I will add you to the roll call once you know for certain that you’re switching your dates. Here is what I found on disneytouristblog.com about decorations:

“There is no easy answer to that. Typically, decorations stay up and–most notably–the Cinderella Castle Dream Lights continue to be lit until the Walt Disney World Marathon concludes (January 7, 2018). After that, decorations start coming down, but it’s usually a pretty slow process and does not occur all at once. It’s not entirely predictable, either. Some years, the majority of the decorations are down by around January 10. Other years, it takes until the end of January.”

The marathon is a weekend later this year, so you may luck out! We arrive the 10th and I would love it if at least some are still up. I’ve seen them before but my hubby and kids haven’t, and they are magical! We are staying at Copper Creek and I would LOVE to see the tree in the WL lobby... fingers crossed for that to still be there.

Changed our travel date to Saturday, 1/5 to Friday, 1/11. Wanted to book airfare early at an okay price and the days/times work better for us. Leaving for WDW on a 5:45 am flight and coming back home on a 9:55 pm flight. We're squeezing every last minute out of this trip!! And we'll have the weekend to recover.

I'm booked for January .1/27-2/2 . Staying at Pop .I've never stayed there before... Hope my family will enjoy it there . I'm excited to make dining reservations.

Changed our travel date to Saturday, 1/5 to Friday, 1/11. Wanted to book airfare early at an okay price and the days/times work better for us. Leaving for WDW on a 5:45 am flight and coming back home on a 9:55 pm flight. We're squeezing every last minute out of this trip!! And we'll have the weekend to recover.

I updated the roll call, @junebugs, and noticed that your dates and resort are now exactly the same as @GamGam!

I'm booked for January .1/27-2/2 . Staying at Pop .I've never stayed there before... Hope my family will enjoy it there . I'm excited to make dining reservations.

Welcome, @andera42! I've added you to the roll call. I can't wait to make dining reservations, either! One step closer... :-)

I’m confused. So my countdown days tomorrow I’ll be at 180 days so I should be able to make my ADRs tomorrow but we arrive Jan 4 (5th since our flight arrives at 12:10 am but the room is booked jan 4th...you know cause that’s the first night we’re there technically...it’s a little confusing..) ANYWAY...on MDE it shows they are booking ADRs until Jan 2 and tomorrow they’d be booking Jan 3 start dates right? So I would wake up to book on Sun and not tomorrow..? Or do I wake up tomorrow to book?

I’m confused. So my countdown days tomorrow I’ll be at 180 days so I should be able to make my ADRs tomorrow but we arrive Jan 4 (5th since our flight arrives at 12:10 am but the room is booked jan 4th...you know cause that’s the first night we’re there technically...it’s a little confusing..) ANYWAY...on MDE it shows they are booking ADRs until Jan 2 and tomorrow they’d be booking Jan 3 start dates right? So I would wake up to book on Sun and not tomorrow..? Or do I wake up tomorrow to book?

I think you should be able to book today since it is day 180. Try to log in at 7 and it should open everything up!

Those are our dates too--except a later plane arrival and an earlier departure. Crossing my fingers that Marathon crowds build slowly and our three generations can navigate the parks (a double and a single stroller and an ECV)!

I think you should be able to book today since it is day 180. Try to log in at 7 and it should open everything up!

:/ turns out it's tomorrow I can start my ADRs. The first 1/2 of our vacay we can book tomorrow will only have 2 adrs- beaches and cream and ecape may and the second half will have sci fi cafe and be our guest. I'll have to wake up early again in a few days.

Those are our dates too--except a later plane arrival and an earlier departure. Crossing my fingers that Marathon crowds build slowly and our three generations can navigate the parks (a double and a single stroller and an ECV)!

Crossing my fingers for the same GamGam! I've read that the crowds are manageable. No strollers for us anymore - but I hope they are right!

Hi! We've been booked for what seems like forever (478 odd days, give or take), but I haven't been on here in quite some time. Our trip is to celebrate my niece's 21st birthday (happens this month, but not going in the sweltering heat again) and her college graduation, which will be in May (so a little early). Our group includes my husband, my mom, my niece (she'll join us a few days in and leave a few days early). We are super excited to be staying at the WL 1/5-1/17!

Hi! We've been booked for what seems like forever (478 odd days, give or take), but I haven't been on here in quite some time. Our trip is to celebrate my niece's 21st birthday (happens this month, but not going in the sweltering heat again) and her college graduation, which will be in May (so a little early). Our group includes my husband, my mom, my niece (she'll join us a few days in and leave a few days early). We are super excited to be staying at the WL 1/5-1/17!

Welcome, @LBlovesM&WDW! I've added you to the roll call. Sounds like a great trip with lots to celebrate!

Hey everyone! We finally officially booked our trip :yay:

We'll be at AKL Jambo house 1/27-2/4 and then we'll be moving to BLT for our second half of our trip 2/3-2/7. We originally were thinking about earlier in January but it evolved into a birthday trip for me(2/6)

Welcome to all our new members!!! For some reason im not getting any notifications from the DIS that there has been chatter, and its quite annoying

First half of my ADRs are booked. I got Beaches and Cream at 7:40pm for dinner on the 5th and on the 6th I got Cape May at 9:40 am (I wanted a later breakfast) these are our non park days so timing on all of them isn't a big issue. I hope were hungry for Beaches and Cream though as I planned Earl of Sandwich for lunch that day.

Hey everyone! We finally officially booked our trip :yay:

We'll be at AKL Jambo house 1/27-2/4 and then we'll be moving to BLT for our second half of our trip 2/3-2/7. We originally were thinking about earlier in January but it evolved into a birthday trip for me(2/6)

Welcome, @galaxygirl76! I've added you to the roll call. Birthday trips are the best!

Just booked last night - Jan 26/19 to Feb 2/19 at AKL in a savanna view room :yay:We got a surprise view upgrade from pool to savanna earlier this year, and now we just can’t resist!

Welcome, @krauh! I've added you to the roll call! AKL is on my bucket list! :-) Happy planning!

So it looks like we have about ten people on our roll call that passed their 180 day mark for ADR’s... how did everyone do? Did you get what you wanted? My ADR day is Saturday! Yay! One step closer... then nothing for 120 more days until FP+. :fish:

Anyone signed up for Touring Plans? I went on today and the crowd levels changed big time. All of my days went down. Some went way down. 10 days went down to 5 days etc.

I know not to put much stock into them but was wondering if others saw the same. I never got an email notification when they changed so not sure how long it's been like that. Just can't figure out why the big reduction. We are going MLK weekend and the following week so I'm anticipating crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter