*** January 2019 Thread ***

I got home yesterday and our entryway, part of living room, and part of kitchen and laundry room floors are removed, 4 big floor fans, and a giant de-humidifier are in place, thyme oil down (to prevent mold)and they come back Monday to check on the progress. DH and the boys were very impressed with the professionalism of the company so I am confident they will get everything taken care of. So the house is a bit torn up, but DH is not freaking out, and I am more comfortable that the trip will still be a go. I even saw that the Plaza had extended the breakfast service out till March so I booked that for one morning. After all this chaos Disney will be the perfect place to unwind and celebrate our anniversary! 22 more days!

I got home yesterday and our entryway, part of living room, and part of kitchen and laundry room floors are removed, 4 big floor fans, and a giant de-humidifier are in place, thyme oil down (to prevent mold)and they come back Monday to check on the progress. DH and the boys were very impressed with the professionalism of the company so I am confident they will get everything taken care of. So the house is a bit torn up, but DH is not freaking out, and I am more comfortable that the trip will still be a go. I even saw that the Plaza had extended the breakfast service out till March so I booked that for one morning. After all this chaos Disney will be the perfect place to unwind and celebrate our anniversary! 22 more days!

You definitely reserve some fun after all of that! Hope all goes well in putting everything back together again!

Checking the weather every day for departure day, despite being too far out for any accuracy. Anyone else? :rotfl2: :figment:

I looked at historical weather data. It ranges from lows of 30s and highs of 80s. So I am waiting until we're at day 14 to start super checking.

Last time we went in Jan. was 2016 I believe; for MLK weekend which is when we'll be there next month :) Our arrival day got up close to 80; it was beautiful! The next 3 days we were lucky if it hit 60 during the day and it was low 30's at night :scared1: We're from NY so had our winter coats, as in heavy North Face jackets and our gloves for when we got back home, but I had to buy a hat in AK because I thought my ears were going to fall off! High 50's doesn't sound that bad, but with the wind whipping around and being out in it for hours, yeah, it's cold. Hoping for warmer days this MLK weekend lol.

29 more days! Even with the craziness of the holidays it is all we can really talk about. The hubby is even planning a mock packing so we make sure we don't forget anything or over pack..

We've been tweaking our plans .. added the pirate league for our DS can't wait to see it.

Last time we went in Jan. was 2016 I believe; for MLK weekend which is when we'll be there next month :) Our arrival day got up close to 80; it was beautiful! The next 3 days we were lucky if it hit 60 during the day and it was low 30's at night :scared1: We're from NY so had our winter coats, as in heavy North Face jackets and our gloves for when we got back home, but I had to buy a hat in AK because I thought my ears were going to fall off! High 50's doesn't sound that bad, but with the wind whipping around and being out in it for hours, yeah, it's cold. Hoping for warmer days this MLK weekend lol.

We are going the last week of Jan and praying its not that "cold"

Checking the weather every day for departure day, despite being too far out for any accuracy. Anyone else? :rotfl2: :figment:

Yup yup! 11 days out and now checking like a crazy person, even though i know they won't be accurate for about another week! But anything there is better than the cold here in NYC.

We’re 11 days away...and it happened...my daughter is sick :( she’s got the stomach bug and I’m just praying the rest of us avoid it. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day traditions may not happen this year (we usually sleep over at my parents with everyone and wake up all together, have breakfast, open gifts ect but if we’re sick we won’t be able to sleep over.) hopefully we’re all better by Jan 4th!!!

We’re 11 days away...and it happened...my daughter is sick :( she’s got the stomach bug and I’m just praying the rest of us avoid it. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day traditions may not happen this year (we usually sleep over at my parents with everyone and wake up all together, have breakfast, open gifts ect but if we’re sick we won’t be able to sleep over.) hopefully we’re all better by Jan 4th!!!

Yikes! I’m sending good vibes your way for good health for the rest of you and a fast recovery for her!

I’m hoping for a couple of warm days so we can hang by the pool. But honestly, just having nice warm sunshine will be great! We are from the Buffalo, NY so we are really looking forward to some warmth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter