January 2020 Car Rental Thread

My rate hasn't budged from the $243 I booked with Dollar at Thanksgiving weekend sale. My dates must still fall under holiday time? Not sure?
My dates are January 7-18. I'm a scant 9 days out. I'll keep checking but I think this might be my best rate. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

My rate hasn't budged from the $243 I booked with Dollar at Thanksgiving weekend sale. My dates must be still fall in the holiday time? Not sure.
My dates are January 7-18. I'm a scant 9 days out. I'll keep checking but I think this might be my best rate. Good luck everyone.
I haven't seen anything better than my $250 dollar Thanksgiving rate either. We're last week of January.

I'm not sure of your exact dates but 25 January through February 1 is 196 196 with dollar. Try carrentalsavers.com

Costco rates with Budget down
1/30-2/4
Yesterday full size $167
Today $161
Every bit counts! Just canceled and rebooked

When I first started in August I was seeing rates over $300

My price has been the stagnate for a couple weeks now with Alamo (Jan 25-Feb 8). I currently have two reservations - 8 pax minivan for $542 and 7 pax minivan for $490. Have 6 or 7 people, once I know the final count I'll cancel one. The 8 pax, if a Toyota Sienna would have more luggage space. I can no longer search for a lower price for that one, so must be sold out. Will be 5 or 6 adults, and a 6 yr old in a booster seat. Will certainly be squishy with the luggage.

...and today the 7 pax minivan dropped $40. Such a dilemma, keep that and if luggage doesn't fit, send someone in a taxi, or go with the 8 pax.

...and today the 7 pax minivan dropped $40. Such a dilemma, keep that and if luggage doesn't fit, send someone in a taxi, or go with the 8 pax.
honestly I think you should all be able to sqeeze in. We frequently drive 18 hours to FL in a 7 passenger minivan with with 6 people. Driving 30 minutes with all the luggage should be fine. For the savings I'd hold my suitcase on my lap for that short amount of time. ;)

We currently have a standard car with budget 1/24-2/1 for 174 thru costco...hoping for another drop..... fingers crossed :)

We currently have a standard car with budget 1/24-2/1 for 174 thru costco...hoping for another drop..... fingers crossed :)
Give Costco a check again this morning! My dates (fewer days, but same time frame) dropped this morning for a couple of different scenarios I was looking at :).

I had two booked, one for the entire trip and one for 2 days. Think we're going to go with plan B, but both prices were lower this morning.

Edited to add: I checked your dates and I think you have a better price.

Alamo through Costco 1/26-2/5 standard car dropped about $11 down to $289. I’d really love another drop to get closer to $250 but at least I’m finally under $300

Costco prices appear to have dropped by a couple of bucks (at least for Alamo) this morning

Alamo through Costco 1/26-2/5 standard car dropped about $11 down to $289. I’d really love another drop to get closer to $250 but at least I’m finally under $300
Hi @andigomeep - I just plugged your dates in while checking mine and seeing a few cheaper options at the moment. $251 Budget for a standard car and $245 for an intermediate.

My dates appear to be the same today, but the good news is 8 pax Minivan reappeared a few days ago so I was able to modify my reservation so there is less than $40 diff with the 7 pax minivan. I'm leaving towards the 8 because I'm hoping for a Toyota Sienna.

We were able to secure a truck today for our dates through Alamo (using the Costco discount code and a $20 coupon) for $195 including tax and the free extra driver . DH is a truck guy (he drives a Dodge Ram) and there's only the two of us, so its definitely enough space. Now he has to decide if he wants the Alamo truck or the Dollar SUV ... there's about a $10 difference between the 2 reservations. We "know" Alamo, where its been a long time since we dealt with Dollar......decisions, decisions.

Hi @andigomeep - I just plugged your dates in while checking mine and seeing a few cheaper options at the moment. $251 Budget for a standard car and $245 for an intermediate.
Thank you for checking! Does anyone know if Budget has online check in to skip the counter like Alamo?

We were able to secure a truck today for our dates through Alamo (using the Costco discount code and a $20 coupon) for $195 including tax and the free extra driver . DH is a truck guy (he drives a Dodge Ram) and there's only the two of us, so its definitely enough space
A $20 coupon? I couldn’t find a single one I know of that would work over MLK weekend with Alamo.

Is it a costco specific coupon? If not, can you share the coupon code?

The thought of rain (dousing my luggage) has always deterred us from grabbing the usually last-minute cheap trucks with alamo. The midsize aisle after thanksgiving had many sitting on it. I took a peek, none had tonneau covers.

I just got alamo down to $180 starting 1/14 for a week’s rental, APH + upgrade coupon to Midsize. Will hope to find a small SUV on the aisle, happens at lest 1/2 the time last few years. Dollar (SUV) & thrifty (Mid) were $10 less, not enough to give up the convenience of Alamo

FYI, for those looking for mini-vans did see them reasonably priced on Priceline for my dates, under $200. Might be worth a check with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!